Larrier Working Out for the Lakers | The Boneyard

Larrier Working Out for the Lakers

Reaction Score
Hopefully his training is going well and he can showcase his athleticism more than he could this winter.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how he does with a full year of games/training under his belt. With major injuries, you often don't see a big jump until that 2nd full year back in action, so it wouldn't be surprising to see his game progress to the places we had all envisioned while he was in Storrs.

As with any of our guys that go pro, I hope everything works out and he catches on in a good situation for him.

Reaction Score
He graduated.
He could do a grad transfer year, but i'm not sure it would matter. He's probably better off trying to develop in the G league. Much easier for him to focus on basketball, workouts, etc.

Reaction Score
Kyle Kuzma lite isn't an awful comp for Larrier on his day. Good height and a smooth athlete more than a bouncy freak, shoots it well from deep when open. Could be a nice G league destination for him

Reaction Score
I still think he could have benifitted from a post grad year but not necessarily at UConn for a couple of reasons.
Two things that prevent him from being a top prospect .
Strength/athleticism
Handle ?
We’ve briefly really saw him at his top condition so UConn fans aren’t the best judges of his talent. But why should that stop me. His only year was a post ACL tear year ,where he was obviously not the player who transferred here. I really couldn’t understand the hardness of the vitriol aimed at this kid. Compare him to Omar Calhoun who post surgery was a fringe player who the Boneyard loved and celebrated every point he made.
I have the feeling that on a good shooting team TL ‘s handle will be better than the BY faithful believe.
The secondary concern is simalar to DD ,his lack of athleticism and strength will diminish his worth.
But he still would be very highly sought on the PG market , face it on a team with more exposure his value could skyrocket. The G league may not be the best place for his development.
He has length and could shoot but he will get beat up In that environment. Wherever he goes I wish him luck the kid has had enough bad luck already.

Reaction Score
One predictable news blurb for this board to find the redeeming value in a player they had buried months ago.

What this probably tells us is that even bad college basketball teams are comprised of really, really, really good players and that it's OK to continue watching and supporting them without "accepting mediocrity."

Reactions: pj
C

Chief00

I still think he could have benifitted from a post grad year but not necessarily at UConn for a couple of reasons.
Two things that prevent him from being a top prospect .
Strength/athleticism
Handle ?
We’ve briefly really saw him at his top condition so UConn fans aren’t the best judges of his talent. But why should that stop me. His only year was a post ACL tear year ,where he was obviously not the player who transferred here. I really couldn’t understand the hardness of the vitriol aimed at this kid. Compare him to Omar Calhoun who post surgery was a fringe player who the Boneyard loved and celebrated every point he made.
I have the feeling that on a good shooting team TL ‘s handle will be better than the BY faithful believe.
The secondary concern is simalar to DD ,his lack of athleticism and strength will diminish his worth.
But he still would be very highly sought on the PG market , face it on a team with more exposure his value could skyrocket. The G league may not be the best place for his development.
He has length and could shoot but he will get beat up In that environment. Wherever he goes I wish him luck the kid has had enough bad luck already.

There used to be a theory that you throw out tbe season after the ACL surgery year. Seems like not many subscribe to that anymore. Let’s see what he does, quite frankly Chief isn’t going to defend last season other than to bring up the theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I felt just as certain that Purvis wasn’t an NBA player, so I’ll bite my tongue on Larrier.

However, if TL turns out to be an NBA player, no way you can hold Ollie harmless for his college career.

C

Chief00

This board has murdered Johnnie Selvie for years, it drives me nuts how little respect one of the greatest to ever put on a UConn jersey is treated on this forum.
You must be trying to get a Chief reaction about fundamentals.

Reaction Score
He’d have to had improved remarkably in 2 months to have any chance of catching on next season. I understand the injury may have hampered his progress but he had time even with his injury to improve his handle and get stronger. I don’t dislike TL, I just think he was overrated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom