Larrier Working Out for the Lakers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Larrier Working Out for the Lakers

Reaction Score
I'm fine with the narrative that KO mailed it in and left his players to drown, but I feel like we can't have it both ways where he's a quitter and incompetent and overmatched, especially if we're going to label his championship a fluke and scoff at the idea that he'll ever land on his feet again.

Many seem to believe that all of those things are applicable in assessing what went wrong here, which has never made sense to me even as somebody who was pretty shocked by the level of ineptitude he saw these last couple years.

The reason it's important to clarify these things isn't to exonerate KO so much as it is to shed some context on why so many people - myself included - may have been duped along the way. Some want to walk their second guessing all the way back to his hiring, which, while it was a fair opinion to have at the time, strikes me as petty given how things played out. The whole "see I told you, unqualified players never work out as coaches!" crew can get all the way out of here with their backpatting.

C

Chief00

Full disclosure I’m often wrong
No worries, that’s why we have Chief. What I like about you is that you embrace the casual fan and at least in spirit consider yourself one. I too try to think at times from the casual fan’s perspective. While I would never go to First Night myself, I accept how it might open the door to those who from a basketball standpoint are not knowledgeable and grow the fan base - a good thing. True, I still worry about the team losing its competitive focus and about how basketball becomes more about show than winning games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom