Larrier: Jalen and I feel lethargic at the start of games | The Boneyard

Larrier: Jalen and I feel lethargic at the start of games

Reaction Score
Yep. For those at the game or watching at a bar, Taylor Rooks reported that this is what Larrier told her. Even Tim Welsh was shocked to hear that and said they need to figure that out fast.

I think Larrier even said that he and Adams usually need the first 10 minutes of the game to snap out of it.

Reaction Score
"We ain't chicken dinners, we're winners" - Caron Butler

I don't put a lot of stock in what college kids say

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just so strange, why would this be the case? You can’t take ten minutes to snap out of it vs good teams.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kemba took the rankings his junior year and showed the team that they weren’t even a tourney team. He was pissed. Shabazz didn’t watch a tourney game and worked hard in the offseason. Our two best players are tired at the beginning of the game coming off of the worst season in uconn history

Reaction Score
And Welsh questioned that observing Jalen started with a lot of energy. Just leadership statement taking blame for slow start.
Could be. Larrier came out on fire against Colgate first game of the season too.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Jalen needs to get a fire up his a**. Celebrating that 3 late in the game and after the game with Vital, doesn't he know he actually didn't play well, should be a bit more humble to me.
His first five shots were all hustle imo. Kid is only holding back to let less experienced players get some development.

C

Chief00

Just so strange, why would this be the case? You can’t take ten minutes to snap out of it vs good teams.

It would be strange if it wasn’t so true. I agree, this needs to be figured out quickly. First problem is selfish play, guys start the game just jacking up shots. Only when they fall behind do they start playing team ball out of necessity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
His first five shots were all hustle imo. Kid is only holding back to let less experienced players get some development.

Sure they were related to hustle I guess, but a couple were not very smart. One was pure double pump cut the mustard instead of a straight lay in and maybe a foul. His defense is lax at best watch him he is the worst defensive player of the 4 guards by a wide margin and that's because of not all in, not 100% committed. He can be a much better defender with better concentration and less laying off to make a play. They don't need him to hold back or admit to slow starts, they need him to be the player he can be and actually thinks he is.

Sorry for me lot to prove and improve still not a good start for him minus a 10-12 minute high effort run against Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
That's what it looked like to me as well – he definitely wanted to give Alterique time to run the game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's what it looked like to me as well – he definitely wanted to give Alterique time to run the game.
The statement was to take heat off Rique. The slow start imo is Gilbert still not up to par. I know I’m in the minority but KO is running offense with intent on developing him. It takes away from the games start but could be the difference in the future.

Team would have quicker starts if CV started with Jalen. It will be interesting to see how KO plays it in Oregon. If he starts AG I doubt he keeps him in for long stretches if his play isn’t sharper.

With that said some of AG’s play in the second half has me salivating.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. I don't think that was it. And I don't think Alterique should be given anything. He needs to earn it - take it away from Jalen. AG looks really out of sync still. I hope he snaps out of it soon.

Reaction Score
Guarantee it wouldn’t be an issue if we were still playing a Big East schedule

Hate to bring conference back in to it again but it is what it is

Dudes better be up for their next game

Ridiculous one would even think to say something like that out loud

Only to Taylor Rooks apparently (who is a stunner no doubt, but can we cool it a little bit?)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
that changes Thursday night, their blood better be flowing at the tip off

Reaction Score
Was sitting behind Jalen’s family at the game. Several times during the game they weren’t please with his body language

He seems to only get into it after he scores once. Then he'll try hard.

And his mistake response could be better.

It's a maturity thing, imo. Same with the mopeds

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Guarantee it wouldn’t be an issue if we were still playing a Big East schedule

Hate to bring conference back in to it again but it is what it is

Dudes better be up for their next game

Ridiculous one would even think to say something like that out loud

Only to Taylor Rooks apparently (who is a stunner no doubt, but can we cool it a little bit?)

You realize that wasn't a conference game, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom