Largest cash gift for bb practice facility | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Largest cash gift for bb practice facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Back to the OP, interesting to hear that the facility itself will NOT be named after the Werth family. Instead, they will have either locker rooms and/or lounges named after them. Very selfless gesture imo. I don't see any way this facility isn't the Calhoun/Auriemma facility, but we shall see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Back to the OP, interesting to hear that the facility itself will NOT be named after the Werth family. Instead, they will have either locker rooms and/or lounges named after them. Very selfless gesture imo. I don't see any way this facility isn't the Calhoun/Auriemma facility, but we shall see.

Could also mean that the price tag for having the building named after you is in excess of $4.5 million.

Reaction Score
What makes zero sense is you telling other people what they should do with their money. Isn't that against what you always preach?
You have it backwards. I'm saying the athletes should do what they want and the UConn foundation should do what they always do. Calhoun is actually the one saying what they have to do, NOT donate.

All I'm asking is why is he steering them away from donating?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You have it backwards. I'm saying the athletes should do what they want and the UConn foundation should do what they always do. Calhoun is actually the one saying what they have to do, NOT donate.

All I'm asking is why is he steering them away from donating?

I don't think he saying that, I read it as JC saying that he's not going to be the person to hit them up for the cash. He's going to leave that for others.

Reaction Score
I don't think he saying that, I read it as JC saying that he's not going to be the person to hit them up for the cash. He's going to leave that for others.
Agree with this sentiment. I dont think he's steering them away from donating, he's saying that he wont be the one to solicite them for $$

Reaction Score
Could also mean that the price tag for having the building named after you is in excess of $4.5 million.
No. This was a decision by the Werth's (with PP). 4.5mm for a 30mm facility gets your name on the building. Nobody will donate a larger single gift.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No. This was a decision by the Werth's (with PP). 4.5mm for a 30mm facility gets your name on the building. Nobody will donate a larger single gift.

It only cost Mr. Gampel a mil to get his name on the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom