Largest cash gift for bb practice facility | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Largest cash gift for bb practice facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
How much did Burton put up again? This is great news all around.

Burton donated $3M.

Cheapskate :) ...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
if true, as someone pointed out, that we have about $16 million so far, wouldn't it also be time to talk to the NBA alums and see if they can pony up some $$? i recall JC saying he'd never ask them to contribute, but other big NBA stars have for their alma maters, so why not UCONN alums?

I've heard that Calhoun is firm on that stance - I think I agree with him.

The players have done their part and now it's time for the supporters of the program to do theirs'.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

The players have done their part and now it's time for the supporters of the program to do theirs'.
I agree with not asking them but I don't think UConn should refuse their money if they offer it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I agree with that, too...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I remember a while back that Ray Allen said he would help to get the new practice facility built but that the burden would not come from UCONN alum NBA players. I think it would be great if some could contribute. Maybe Andrew Bynum? The greatest Husky of all (tongue in cheek). If all else fails they can always do a fundraiser during women's games on CPTV....... Thanks Werth family for your generous gift.
if true, as someone pointed out, that we have about $16 million so far, wouldn't it also be time to talk to the NBA alums and see if they can pony up some $$? i recall JC saying he'd never ask them to contribute, but other big NBA stars have for their alma maters, so why not UCONN alums?

Reaction Score

Personally, I find that absurd. Is in effect saying they can't donate to their alma mater? Do I have that straight? How does this make sense?

It would be one thing if he said that he wouldn't strong arm them. That they had already done enough. But if they want to be part his advice is not to be? Whhaaa?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You agree with me or you agree with refusing to accept their money?

I'm agreeable.

I agree with whatever you agreed with and agree with whatever addendum you added to your agreement of my agreement. Let's just agree to agree.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm agreeable.

I agree with whatever you agreed with and agree with whatever addendum you added to your agreement of my agreement. Let's just agree to agree.
I would consider this an egregious use of agree. Wouldn't you agree?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Why do people have to agree all the time? It always just ends up derailing the thread.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm agreeable.

I disagree.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
he already confessed. time to stop giving him the third agree
Brilliant!!!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
This is awesome news! Thank you Werth family. Now let's get this thing built.

Reaction Score
UConn is constantly pestering newly graduated students for money before they even get jobs, why can't we ask millionaire sports athletes to fork over some dough?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
They can of course name it whatever they want but it would really be cool if the Werth family insisted it be named after JC.

Reaction Score
They can of course name it whatever they want but it would really be cool if the Werth family insisted it be named after JC.
This is how ive felt for a long time. I think it was cool how St Johns renamed their arena after Lou Carnesecca but obviously that cant happen at Uconn. I just think after what jim Calhoun has accomplished he deserves a lot more than just naming the court after him. This practice facility will be here for a long time and most likely be the central location for everything involved with Uconn basketball. The facility needs to be named agter Calhoun

Reaction Score
Name the Court after Calhoun. Name the complex after the Werths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom