2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading some of these posts - Now we’re turning down 2nd round talented freshmen and top 60 big men to hold out for....6’6” shooting guards who are 40% from 3? I love a 5 star lottery pick as much as the next guy but I think we should throw a parade if we land nolley. Tough crowd on here.

I’ll be thrilled with Nolley, Sanogo, Etienne or any other 4 star recruit we’re lucky enough to get this late in the game. I’ll take an impact transfer too but I will be disappointed if we don’t land Nolley.

Reaction Score
While I think both Nolley and Martin are guys you take, I agree that I'd rather have the last scholarship go to either a big, a guy who can play the point, or a plus 3 point shooter (38% + type). While I think Nolley and Martin have different skill sets, I still think there's some positional redundancy if you take both.

However, I don't love the idea of Etienne this season as I don't see him as a guy who would really be able to contribute right away. Only way you take him is if you aren't going to otherwise fill the scholarship, and if we feel like we better grab him now before other big boys come calling over the summer.

Etienne 2020 is unlikely.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Those even questioning why UConn would take Nolley, just don't get it. He can score and UConn has two players who play the 3/4 and they may not be back this year. So he is a need and someone who can come in and give UConn a lift at the very least until Polley comes back.

Reaction Score
Those even questioning why UConn would take Nolley, just don't get it. He can score and UConn has two players who play the 3/4 and they may not be back this year. So he is a need and someone who can come in and give UConn a lift at the very least until Polley comes back.
And he’s a significantly better basketball player than Polley. And that’s no knock on Polley. Nolley is an NBA level player

Reaction Score
I think penciling Akok in for anything to begin the season, is being wildly optimistic.
Definitely. Just fun to imagine our squad fully loaded. Maybe by January

Reaction Score
According to whom
Absolute guess here. But it would make sense. Also on his instagram, one individual (a fan) commented "Gtown the move" and Nolley 'liked' the comment. Thats the only comment I've seen him like, unless in the case it was another player commenting. Of course reading too much into this stuff is crazy, so who knows, and again really hope he comes to UConn - would be a game changer.

Reaction Score
In other NCAA news related to Landers Nolley, Virginia Tech picked up Cartier Diarra from Kansas State.

I really like and respect Mike Young as a coach and I'm very interested in how he is going to rotate his players next season. 10 of his 13 players are 6'5 or shorter.

Will be a really fun team to watch.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A roster with Nolly (even with Polly and Akok out) would be lethal.

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

Unpopular opinion that Cole can be a spark off the bench for us. With Polly and Akok we would have a dangerous amount of talent to manage. We seemed to play our best basketball this year with a smaller rotation and defined roles.

Reaction Score

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

Unpopular opinion that Cole can be a spark off the bench for us. With Polly and Akok we would have a dangerous amount of talent to manage. We seemed to play our best basketball this year with a smaller rotation and defined roles.

Like the idea of those lineups only problem is if Gaff is starting ahead of Cole we didn't get what others expected as a stud. Hope it's Cole because I want him to be as good as some think he will.

Reaction Score

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

Hope it's Cole because I want him to be as good as some think he will.
You forgot about Springs. I was wondering why we looked so light at PF.

I agree with Mau and hope Come is the starter. Gaffney will have time to progress into being the guy/leader on hopefully a very good Big East team in his junior and senior years.

Springs has had a year and a half in training to be able to start at the 4. I just don't think Jackson looks like he's physically mature enough to start at the 3. Similar to Bouk this past season, Hurley brought him along slow. Jackson's athleticism and passing would be a weapon with the second unit.

For Sid to be our backup PF he's need to have seen the season Whaley had and embrace the hard work that's needed to be a contributor next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You forgot about Springs. I was wondering why we looked so light at PF.

I agree with Mau and hope Come is the starter. Gaffney will have time to progress into being the guy/leader on hopefully a very good Big East team in his junior and senior years.

Springs has had a year and a half in training to be able to start at the 4. I just don't think Jackson looks like he's physically mature enough to start at the 3. Similar to Bouk this past season, Hurley brought him along slow. Jackson's athleticism and passing would be a weapon with the second unit.

For Sid to be our backup PF he's need to have seen the season Whaley had and embrace the hard work that's needed to be a contributor next year.
I hear this guy Come you mentioned is a good rebounder- sticky hands

Reaction Score

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

Missing Javonte Brown Ferguson and Springs. Springs is very talented offensively

pj

Reaction Score

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

You left out Akok, Polley, Javonte Brown Ferguson, and Springs. I'd expect Springs to get significant minutes from the beginning, Javonte Brown Ferguson to threaten Carlton's minutes by March, and Polley to beat out Sid for time as soon as he's back at 70%.

Starters would be Cole-Bouk-Jackson-Nolley-Whaley which is an offensive powerhouse. Springs, Gaffney and Adams first off the bench; Carlton or Javonte Brown Ferguson when the matchup is right.

Reaction Score
You guys seem really high on Springs. Where was he rated as a recruit?

Reaction Score

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

Cole is starting next year 100%. Lineups of him and Gaffney starting together have been discussed too, not out of the question. All depends who we get in this next month or two.

Reaction Score
Jackson wont start off the jump. Even Bouk came off the bench to start the year this year.

If we land Nolley I'm thinking we see this:

Starters:
Gaffney
Cole
Bouknight
Nolley
Whaley

Bench:
Jackson
Polley
Adams
Springs
Carlton

Reaction Score

Starters
Gaffney
Bouk
Jackson
Nolly
Whaley

Bench
Cole
Adams
Sid
Carlton

OK, so we've gotten so sour on Cole that now he's not starting. Has this become a competition to see who can come up with the worst prediction for him? I've heard from more than one person and a couple insiders on here have heard that he was the best player in practice all year. He's a lock to start along with Bouknight and Whaley. Seriously, a lot of you are going to feel real foolish when he's lighting it up next year.

Reaction Score
Jackson wont start off the jump. Even Bouk came off the bench to start the year this year.

If we land Nolley I'm thinking we see this:

Starters:
Gaffney
Cole
Bouknight
Nolley
Whaley

Bench:
Jackson
Polley
Adams
Springs
Carlton

You think Nolley's coming here to play a stretch 4? I thought the reason he wanted out of Tech was to paly the 3? Roscoe Smith ring a bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom