2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we're in good shape with Nolley, I assume we are just waiting for the NCAA to officially allow players the chance to transfer this year without sitting out. With Polley and Akok hurt, we might not take a player who has to sit out if we only have one spot. And anybody on our roster who is considering transferring is also likely waiting for that rule change before entering the portal I assume. Does anybody know what the NCAA's timeline is on this potential rule change?

Reaction Score

Thanks. And yikes. I know everybody is confident the rule change will go through, but I hate the idea of leaving our recruiting up in the air for so long. I'm guessing we won't wait until June to finalize our roster.

Reaction Score

They know the situations many programs are in to finalize rosters as well as the situations kids are in trying to find the right programs. This is the NCAA falling short yet again of expectations that can only be traced to their fearless leader. Never mind us what about the kids? 2 months is a long time with some big names leaving programs. Guess it won't matter to some they will need to go somewhere any way. And of course if it's Duke signing a kid who left as a freshman there will be a sick grandmother or something to ensure he plays immediately. But not us! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Starting line up - Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Whaley and may the best man win the 5th spot. I am a big proponent of have 2 point guards on the floor and JB is not a point guard.

Reaction Score
They know the situations many programs are in to finalize rosters as well as the situations kids are in trying to find the right programs. This is the NCAA falling short yet again of expectations that can only be traced to their fearless leader. Never mind us what about the kids? 2 months is a long time with some big names leaving programs. Guess it won't matter to some they will need to go somewhere any way. And of course if it's Duke signing a kid who left as a freshman there will be a sick grandmother or something to ensure he lays immediately. But not us! :rolleyes:

This is an easy call, the ncaa is just buying time until Hurley makes his roster addition
If it's grad transfer, then all transfers are eligible
If it's the standard transfer then they will continue the need to sit out one year.
They should go ahead and just announce this now so the other member schools and players can plan around this.

Reaction Score
Starting line up - Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, Whaley and may the best man win the 5th spot. I am a big proponent of have 2 point guards on the floor and JB is not a point guard.

hurley will use a lineup like this a lot but last year he didn’t start alterique and Gaffney together even though they seemed to play well when they were on the court together. i wouldn’t be surprised if Polley or Jackson starts. I think Polley will be good to go for day 1 of practice.

Reaction Score
Was on Jake Weingarten's instagram live the other day, the owner of stockrisers.com the recruiting site, asked him what transfers UConn specifically had a good chance with. He said "UConn has a VERY underrated chance of landing Landers Nolley". Good sign from one of the top rising recruiting guys in the game.
Let’s land Landers!

Reaction Score

I think Jackson has a very good chance to start. If we get Nolley or if Polley is 100%, we could go Cole, Bouknight, Jackson, _olley, Whaley. Getting more offense from the 4 would offset Jackson being less of an outside threat.

No matter who starts, I love our positional flexibility next year.

Reaction Score
Gonna have a lot of flexibility in potential lineups especially when Akok comes back. Maybe we could get a couple minutes of Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Nolley, Akok, with Akok at the 5 which happened a few times last year. I like Akok at the 5 even though he’s undersized opponents were pulling him out of the lane so he wasn’t a rim protector.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think my ideal scenario for 1 scholarship is definitely Nolley. With a second scholarship, give me Etienne.
Need to be patient, I think there are a significant number of kids waiting to see if the rule change goes into effect.

Reaction Score

This is malpractice.
The "student athletes" they're so concerned about are now being hung out to dry for an additional two months for what (illogical) reason?
While the rest of the world is doing video conferencing and all sorts of other tech related solutions to travel restrictions caused by the virus the NCAA can't have a teleconference for the members of whatever committee makes this decision?
Maybe this will be the straw that gets the Mighty Emmert the "golden parachute" he must be aiming for. What a joke they're proven to be.

Reaction Score
Thanks. And yikes. I know everybody is confident the rule change will go through, but I hate the idea of leaving our recruiting up in the air for so long. I'm guessing we won't wait until June to finalize our roster.
Rupprafters says it's not going into effect till the following season

Reaction Score
Landers had a shout-out for Altrique on Twitter.

"Go do what we talked about bruddah "
Saw that. I started to think that maybe they talked about both going to Wichita?

Reaction Score
More like Rique did a solid on his way out and recruited Nolley to take his roster spot
The fact that Bouk, Al and Nolley all have spoken on Twitter suggests they know each other on a deeper level. This gives me some confidence...

Reaction Score
The fact that Bouk, Al and Nolley all have spoken on Twitter suggests they know each other on a deeper level. This gives me some confidence...
That wud be cool. Jesus. Imagine our lineup next year. If we have :
First string: cole , bouk, nolley, Jackson, whalley
Second string: Gaffney, Adams, polley, akok, Carlton
Backups : sid, Ferguson , springs
That first and second string cud both be very tuff.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Feel like springs or Javonte Brown Ferguson will get more love than third string. We need to develop some bigs.

Reaction Score
Springs will be taking Akok’s minutes. Hopefully we can get sophomore Carlton back. Gonna be able to rotate frequently to decrease injury and fatigue. Can run some of these teams into the ground going 12 deep (13 deep end of the season fingered crossed)

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Last 5 minutes of the game Hurley is playing a (4) guard lineup.

AG 6’0
Gaffney 6’2
Vital 6’1
Adams 6’4
Whaley 6’8

Bouknight checks in for Adams around the 3:00 minute mark. So we’ve closed this game out, against a top 25 team, with two different (4) guard lineups.

Nolley seems like the ideal big guard. Three years of eligibility (whether he uses them or not). Closing out games with:

Gaffney 6’2 or Cole
Bouknight 6’5
Jackson 6’6
Nolley 6’7
Whaley 6’8

Dynamic and tantalizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors