Landers Nolley officially visiting 9/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Is this a bracket for his college decision? Truly never seen it before I guess

That's pretty true. Lol.

Of all the ridiculous things that goes with recruiting, I actually don't hate it.

Reaction Score

Is this a bracket for his college decision? Truly never seen it before I guess

Very odd. To be honest, it's kinda off-putting. Don't think it's "right" to match teams up in recruiting battles. I wouldn't be shocked if some coaches pulled their offers

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Im going full on old man at 37 years old but these kids basically demanding heaps and heaps of praise and attention make me wanna puke. You aint done a damn thing in life but expect to be treated like someone who could cure cancer. Get over yourself.

Reaction Score
I give the kid a 10 for creativity........damn we have the #1 seed in 3rd game....the committee screwed us again!

It's funny and maybe a little stupid.....like most kids his age.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Im going full on old man at 37 years old but these kids basically demanding heaps and heaps of praise and attention make me wanna puke. You aint done a damn thing in life but expect to be treated like someone who could cure cancer. Get over yourself.
Dude I don't care if the kid insists on an hour-long special hosted by Ryan Seacrest as long as he wants to put on the UConn uniform.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Dude I don't care if the kid insists on an hour-long special hosted by Ryan Seacrest as long as he wants to put on the UConn uniform.

I cant disagree there. It's just the whole "everyone look at me" vibe im getting from the majority of recruits that's off putting. Adulation is earned in my book.

Reaction Score
Seeds are apparently random
This is where we are at. Kid we didn't know existed posts a bracketology for his personal recruiting journey and we want to reassure ourselves that there is no hidden meaning in the seeding. Has anybody looked at region yet? Are the finals in Texas? Are we playing the Tarholes in Charlotte?

I miss the days when I'd just turn the telly on in November to learn who we had picked up.
I lament the fact that I can't look away and despise this hour by hour recruitment rut.

Reaction Score
This is fine.

It's significantly better than a kid hyping up the release of his top 9 schools or whatever.

It shows a sense of fun and creativity.

Sports are supposed to be fun. The only people meant to suffer are UConn fans.

Reaction Score
This is hysterical. The elite 8 is going to start getting really competitive.

pj

Reaction Score
UConn has won a lot of championships from a poor seed. I like our chances with the 25 seed!
DGosYevU0AIUr0A.jpg

Reaction Score
He already knows who his top 2 or 3 are. This is just for show lol

Reaction Score
This is hysterical. The elite 8 is going to start getting really competitive.

Fan bases going at each other in twitter wars will be even more extreme now that this is displayed in a single elimination tournament fashion. One game at a time. DePaul is up first.

yes, i quoted myself.

Reaction Score
I cant disagree there. It's just the whole "everyone look at me" vibe im getting from the majority of recruits that's off putting. Adulation is earned in my book.

I didn't really come away with that impression. The sheer spectacle of the entire 32 team bracket almost made it seem self-deprecating in a way.

Far as "adulation is earned," you're looking at it from perspective of a UConn fan. He hasn't earned adulation from *you*. That might not be the case for his family, friends, teammates, and coaches that have been along for the ride this whole time. They're probably even more interested in the recruitment than us.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I didn't really come away with that impression. The sheer spectacle of the entire 32 team bracket almost made it seem self-deprecating in a way.

Far as "adulation is earned," you're looking at it from perspective of a UConn fan. He hasn't earned adulation from *you*. That might not be the case for his family, friends, teammates, and coaches that have been along for the ride this whole time. They're probably even more interested in the recruitment than us.

I can appreciate your views on it.
I was looking at it more from an "adult in the work force" perspective. In the grand scheme of life, what hes accomplished, is a pimple on the butt of an elephant. Yes, being a top 200 basketball player took hard work for sure but this whole thing of watching a twitter feed for the sole purpose of getting likes, thumbs up emojis and people jocking your nuts drives me crazy for some reason. Its a giant ego stroke and when that ego thats been stroked for years gets brought back down to earth its life shattering for these kids. They end up transferring to the next guy/school that'll stroke that ego.

Tl/dr: shut your mouth, take your lumps, be hungry and earn your praise.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I feel like he's doing it to be goofy / clever, trying to do it in a different but fun way.

I can see how you'd think it's sort of self-important, but I don't take it as being ultra-serious in nature. He seems to be having some fun with it.

I love the creativity. I hate the whole spectacle, but that's not on him.

Reaction Score
My source says we are in good shape.

My source is that UConn is historically great in tournaments.

Let's make another run!

My "sources" tell me we are in good shape a lot.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member