Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 70 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Kindergarten "graduations" are even dumber. My BIL's wife sent photos to the family chat of my niece dressed up in a graduation gown and cap. I mean REALLY? facepalm

They're calling it a "promotion" but it doesn't make it any less dumb. And the parents in my younger kid's grade are brutal to be around. Rethinking this, if my wife called and told me a small earthquake had forced them to cancel I'd probably be pretty thrilled.

Reaction Score
I’m at my buddy’s place in Maine for men’s weekend an annual tradition the last 40 years. We have a slew of IPAs to choose from in the fridge I intentionally passed up on having the west coast IPA lol.
You are doing your part. What breweries do you have in the fridge?

Reaction Score
Kindergarten "graduations" are even dumber. My BIL's wife sent photos to the family chat of my niece dressed up in a graduation gown and cap. I mean REALLY? facepalm
25 years ago... my daughter's Montessori pre school had caps and gowns for graduation. So cute though!!!

Reaction Score
Hurley also has said numerous times that Kimani has the luxury of waiting for the right situation to be a head coach. Well Dan, is the right situation handing over the reigns in the middle of June, with impossibly high three-peat expectations that you yourself have set for this program, and then make him fight to retain a roster with no portal available to him to backfill whatever departures there may be?

That is setting the guy up to fail and be the scapegoat. It's an extremely unfair situation to put Kimani in because if he has a bad year if our roster gets decimated, how far does that set him back in his career?

Reaction Score
So many millions of Ct fans love dh.
I’m going to be greedy here and pray he stays

Reaction Score
Just stay & continue to make history.

The days of where the coach in the NBA even matter are over- it’s a players league- nobody even knows who the Celtics coach is- Jason Kidd just bounces around & now is in the finals because of the players.

It’s all about the players- your impact is so much more greater in all ways in college- it’s not even close.

Sorry- just want to see Danny continue to make history & impact the game for the better. The NBA is not the place for that.
That’s why I say NBA coaches are a dime a dozen. How many places has kid been? Doc Rivers was going to be with Boston forever until he wasn’t. No NBA coach would have lasted as long as Cal did at Kentucky after winning a championship. Hurley goes to LA, even if he is very successful next year in five years he will be looking for a job.

I think it is fine if he leaves if he wants to leave. I also think it is unlikely he will be more than a footnote in the NBA. it is the nature of NBA coaching. You are neither the highest paid nor the most important guy on the team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hurley also has said numerous times that Kimani has the luxury of waiting for the right situation to be a head coach. Well Dan, is the right situation handing over the reigns in the middle of June, with impossibly high three-peat expectations that you yourself have set for this program, and then make him fight to retain a roster with no portal available to him to backfill whatever departures there may be?

That is setting the guy up to fail and be the scapegoat. It's an extremely unfair situation to put Kimani in because if he has a bad year if our roster gets decimated, how far does that set him back in his career?

If Kimani got the UConn HC job it would be the best thing that's ever happened to him professionally. Wtf are you talking about?

Reaction Score

This entirely depends if he thinks the roster will stay in tact with Kimani in charge. Kimani recruited a lot of them, after all. If he's confident that the team will stay together, then yeah, he'll be putting Kimani into a situation with high expectations, but all of the resources and talent to succeed.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to call PJ Carlesimo and ask him if he made the right move from college to the NBA, and if he ever had to buy a neck brace? Geno stayed away, and I know Hurley should as well.
Geno? Lol

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Not in the middle of June when your roster is put together, the transfer portal is closed, with the one exception that applies to UConn if Hurley leaves which would open for 30 days. It puts them in a really really tough spot.
Ok, and he can't do it in April in the post-championship glory, cause that's in the heat of the transfer portal, and hey -- we just won a 'ship!

And he can't do it in May cause AK is making a decision about his future and recruiting is at its apex...

And he can't do it in September like Calhoun did...

And he obviously can't do it during the season...

I'm beginning to think there's never a "good time"

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to call PJ Carlesimo and ask him if he made the right move from college to the NBA, and if he ever had to buy a neck brace? Geno stayed away, and I know Hurley should as well.
There was an Amico article today with carlesimo saying Dan would be great and recommending the job. So…no.

Reaction Score
We'll go from final four favorite to last in the Big East...overnight. Danny leaving now is doomsday level bad.
Well it also depends who we hire. If we can get a good coach in here and he can keep most of the players and bring some of his own then it might be alright. Though of course a 3 peat might be hard to do in that situation of course. It sucks for sure this uncertainity.

Reaction Score
I know what Woj reported- but my gut tells me this situation started over the last 4 days- why would someone who is pondering about another job put up 3 fingers on live TV…..

Reaction Score
Ok, and he can't do it in April in the post-championship glory, cause that's in the heat of the transfer portal, and hey -- we just won a 'ship!

And he can't do it in May cause AK is making a decision about his future and recruiting is at its apex...

April is the time.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
April is the time.
You're crazy if you think people on this board wouldn't string him up for jumping ship in the week or two after a championship parade. And by then the coaching musical chairs had already stopped. We wouldn't have landed Aiden, Liam, or Tarris.

Reaction Score

The time is not 2-weeks after your most reliable player in Hurleys coaching career decides to forgo the NBA to return to play for his coach one last time.

Reaction Score
This thread is killing me, I’m desperate and I can’t get an appointment with a psychiatrist and I’ve been calling his office hourly all day, he won’t respond. And he’s my son in law. Just wait until he calls me the next time his roof is leaking.

Reaction Score

Everyone is entitled w an opinion. I think most will agree that leaving in June is far worse than leaving right after the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom