Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
not like this. Hurley the lakers only REAL target, and want him to dictate the direction of the franchise and install his system and culture.

You can’t have Hurley’s culture in the NBA. Those professionals aren’t going to buy into Hurley losing his mind because the guys didn’t run a set correctly. Hurley would have to drastically alter his coaching style.

Reaction Score
Wfan talking about now making it seem likely to happen...massive deal. Please no....

Reaction Score
Knicks and Celtics would be at the top of Dan's list. Then the Lakers would be near the top.

Going to Kentucky would have gotten Dan a good chunk more $.

The Lakers present a new challenge to Dan, something coach K was never interested in taking. The challenge will be more important than the $, but the ridiculous $ offer certainly won't hurt.

This may come down to Andrea, or it might not.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
not like this. Hurley the lakers only REAL target, and want him to dictate the direction of the franchise and install his system and culture.

Nothing against Hurley but how many times have NBA teams foolishly thought a successful college coach could step right in and have the wherewithal to immediately figure out NBA coaching and talent acquisition. Not only has he never coached, he’s never played in the league.

This sucks.

Although I doubt he’s their only target. Lots of smoke with Redick.

Hopefully Danny is doing to them what Cooper Flagg and a hundred other 5* recruits have done to us.

Reaction Score
Accomplishing nothing at work today

Denzel Washington Love GIF

Reaction Score
Nothing against Hurley but how many times have NBA teams foolishly thought a successful college coach could step right in and have the wherewithal to immediately figure out NBA coaching and talent acquisition. Not only has he never coached, he’s never played in the league.

This sucks.

Hopefully Danny is doing to them what Cooper Flagg and a hundred other 5* recruits have done to us.
It is 100% clear. Danny is target #1. JJ is the fallback plan B.

Reaction Score
That bag big enough plus a transition plan like Riley with the Heat.

Chances are he won't repeat the success they had at UCONN the last two years. It’s about money which means big time football…UCONN doesn’t have that!!

He'll be crazy to stay, need to take advantage being the HOT coach right now.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine Andrea being happy in LA, or Hurley being happy coaching those Prima Donnas. But, if the bag is big enough - and let’s not fool ourselves, this is the lakers - this could be bad.
Ollie 2.0
Will at least sing our recruiting by saying the old “your coach won’t even be at UConn another year….”

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You can’t have Hurley’s culture in the NBA. Those professionals aren’t going to buy into Hurley losing his mind because the guys didn’t run a set correctly. Hurley would have to drastically alter his coaching style.

They also don’t want to play defense or play that style of offense. They don’t want to sacrifice

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

This sucks.

Reddick is Mark Pope to Hurleys Hurley in this scenario. If you really want to be depressed you should’ve watched ESPN lead in at 700 am with this. This is king of the castle type stuff. If the lakers give it ( and they will) Hurley has to take it.

Reaction Score
IDK, if I were the Lakers considering getting this done, why on Earth would I leak it to an ESPN reporter ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom