Lagow's Twitter Page | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lagow's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah. We're fans on this site, not university administrators.

Being a fan is hardly an excuse to not act like a decent grown up. You are not engaged in silly internet chatter among anonymous posters -- you are jumping on a 19 year old who may have had his life take a serious adverse turn when you can't possibly know the facts involved.

Leave the kid and the family alone. They are not anonymous in this -- they actually have something real invested in the situation.

Reaction Score
If Lagow thought he was going to be the only QB taken, and it appears that is the case, the question is. WHY? His dad has been through this process before. The family doesn't come off as naive and/or uneducated. I think it's fair to believe that if he thought he was going to be the only QB taken, it's because that's what he was told. And I believe he had a fair amount of trust established with the staff to believe that promise would be honored. I don't see any reason to believe he just assumed he would be the only QB taken, or that the topic was never discussed with the coaches. Especially from a kid who committed as early as he did, playing where he plays, with the chance to earn more offers.

There is a difference between not wanting to compete, and not trusting the people who pick the starters after you've had your trust betrayed. Who told him he'd be the only QB taken? If it was Pasqualoni or Day, then can he really trust the head coach or his position coach? If not, why should he think he'll get a fair chance to compete to start? If it was GDL, then the staff has an out because that situation has changed. Who said what to this kid to make him question the staff's commitment to him? Until we know those answers, we don't know and should STFU with the prima donna comments.

I think based on his comments, reaction, and what we know about his commitment and when it took place that he was made promises that were broken. But the family has too much class (or too much common sense) to call out the people who may have misled him since there is still the possibility he ends up playing for him/them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Who said what to whom and when is only relevant to the future reputations of the parties involved.

All that matters right now is we have 1 local QB signed that the staff seems happy with and another QB, that the fanbase has been pretty excited about for a year, with a presumably still valid scholarship offer trying to decide if he wants to come aboard the USS Connecticut.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
But the family has too much class (or too much common sense) to call out the people who may have misled him since there is still the possibility he ends up playing for him/them.
Very true. His father is a very nice man.

Reaction Score
If Lagow thought he was going to be the only QB taken, and it appears that is the case, the question is. WHY? His dad has been through this process before. The family doesn't come off as naive and/or uneducated. I think it's fair to believe that if he thought he was going to be the only QB taken, it's because that's what he was told. And I believe he had a fair amount of trust established with the staff to believe that promise would be honored. I don't see any reason to believe he just assumed he would be the only QB taken, or that the topic was never discussed with the coaches. Especially from a kid who committed as early as he did, playing where he plays, with the chance to earn more offers.

There is a difference between not wanting to compete, and not trusting the people who pick the starters after you've had your trust betrayed. Who told him he'd be the only QB taken? If it was Pasqualoni or Day, then can he really trust the head coach or his position coach? If not, why should he think he'll get a fair chance to compete to start? If it was GDL, then the staff has an out because that situation has changed. Who said what to this kid to make him question the staff's commitment to him? Until we know those answers, we don't know and should STFU with the prima donna comments.

I think based on his comments, reaction, and what we know about his commitment and when it took place that he was made promises that were broken. But the family has too much class (or too much common sense) to call out the people who may have misled him since there is still the possibility he ends up playing for him/them.

We don't need to try and place blame here. People need to realize it is the nature of recruitment, this stuff happens more than you think. Historically it hasn't happened to UCONN recruits because they have never had options or other more legit offers like our class did this year. But lets not just immediately start blaming the staff for this. Like you said we don't know on RL's side. So don't act like we know on our coaching staff's side. HCPP might have his issues with on the field coaching but from my account his recruiting reputation is impeccably clean. I doubt he would coerce a kid into believing he was the only one and then drop the hammer on him two weeks before signing day. Communication might have been lost, there was coaching changes but what it comes down to in recruiting is the UCONN needs to whats best for the program and make difficult decisions and RL and fam needs to do whats best for him and his future and make difficult decisions. Plain and simple. And sometimes this leads to friction and it doesn't always work out. But the blaming game is as pointless as a broken pencil. Can't wait for this saga to be over.......Even if I still check up here to see if he has signed.

Reaction Score
If Lagow thought he was going to be the only QB taken, and it appears that is the case, the question is. WHY? Lagow stated last week that he knew there would be 2 QB's in this class since the summer. His dad has been through this process before. The family doesn't come off as naive and/or uneducated. I think it's fair to believe that if he thought he was going to be the only QB taken, it's because that's what he was told. And I believe he had a fair amount of trust established with the staff to believe that promise would be honored. I don't see any reason to believe he just assumed he would be the only QB taken, or that the topic was never discussed with the coaches. Especially from a kid who committed as early as he did, playing where he plays, with the chance to earn more offers.

I think based on his comments, reaction, and what we know about his commitment and when it took place that he was made promises that were broken. But the family has too much class (or too much common sense) to call out the people who may have misled him since there is still the possibility he ends up playing for him/them. Did you read his father's posts in the days leading up to Signing Day? I have to assume you did not. You are smarter than this.

Reaction Score
People do change.

So apparently, it's ok to insinuate that our current coaching staff lacks integrity, but Lagow's family.....they are off limits. You're unbelievable. Call his dad and grovel some more. This fanbase can be embarassing at times.

Reaction Score
So apparently, it's ok to insinuate that our current coaching staff lacks integrity, but Lagow's family.....they are off limits. You're unbelievable. Call his dad and grovel some more. This fanbase can embarassing at times.
Go suck on a pacifier. His father has been very good to me. And he has nothing to gain from me.

Reaction Score
People do change.

Are you kidding me? Listen I am not on either side here like I stated previously. BUT the guy is approaching 70 years old, he is far gone from the days of establishing his recruiting morals and values. Step back a minute and check out reality. And you say, Lagows father who i gather you don't know in the least bit personally, has "been very good to you", what has HCPP done to you???? Ill state that it's laughable if you take him not succeeding at his job personally..........

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? Listen I am not on either side here like I stated previously. BUT the guy is approaching 70 years old, he is far gone from the days of establishing his recruiting morals and values. Step back a minute and check out reality. And you say, Lagows father who i gather you don't know in the least bit personally, has "been very good to you", what has HCPP done to you???? Ill state that it's laughable if you take him not succeeding at his job personally..........
Just recruiting approach in this scenario, that's all. I know he did very well recruiting in-state. Phenomenal job. No one is disagreeing about that.

Reaction Score

So pathetic. Butchy is star struck by Lagow's father. So it's ok to call into question our current head coach's integrity and post publicly about it.

Reaction Score
So pathetic. Butchy is star struck by Lagow's father. So it's ok to call into question our current head coach's integrity.
I've been around many people much bigger than him. Maybe you should cuddle up with Matt and watch soaps.

Reaction Score
People do change.

You ever stop to think about this. Let's say White told him he was going to be the only Qb recruit. He has since left, now let's say the staff is concerned over Whitmer's concussions. Circumstances do change and the coaches have a program to run. You can't let the feelings of any single recruit get in the way of running your program.

Reaction Score
You ever stop to think about this. Let's say White told him he was going to be the only Qb recruit. He has since left, now let's say the staff is concerned over Whitmer's concussions. Circumstances do change and the coaches have a program to run. You can't let the feelings of any single recruit get in the way of running your program.
They do not think they are above the program and still want to come to Connecticut. They do have to look out for themselves. Who in their right mind wouldn't?

Reaction Score
The other thing I'll add is the dad posted he felt UConn should be taking a JUCO as the second qb. Nothing against him, but how anyone could defend the position of anyone who thinks they can suggest what the coaching staff should be doing or whom they should be offering is beyond me. Best of luck to Richard where ever he winds up.

Reaction Score
The other thing I'll add is the dad posted he felt UConn should be taking a JUCO as the second qb. Nothing against him, but how anyone could defend the position of anyone who thinks they can suggest what the coaching staff should be doing or whom they should be offering is beyond me. Best of luck to Richard where ever he winds up.
As said before, from my understanding, it's all about trust. Nothing else. At least now. They really want to come here.

Reaction Score
if I remember Mr. Lagow's responses, he claimed that a member of the coaching staff WHO IS NOT THERE ANY LONGER lied to them. I would assume it's Clayton White no? I believe it was White who was leading the charge to bring in Lagow and he is no longer here.
Perhaps White made promises to Lagow that are no longer valid and that's why they're second-guessing everything.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Being a fan is hardly an excuse to not act like a decent grown up. You are not engaged in silly internet chatter among anonymous posters -- you are jumping on a 19 year old who may have had his life take a serious adverse turn when you can't possibly know the facts involved.

Leave the kid and the family alone. They are not anonymous in this -- they actually have something real invested in the situation.

But this is silly internet chatter. To think otherwise is delusional. We are fans….and fans talking about prospects is what we do.

And my calling out of his decision to participate in twitter and this forum to let it be known that he didn’t want real competition at the QB position is hardly overstepping any boundaries.

Reality is that this kind ‘recruiting position puzzle’ happens to numerous recruits in all NCAA sports. The vast majority however, keep a tight lip and either sign on signing day and take the challenge or quietly head the other way - to another school. They never play the media, like this, to threaten and challenge the coaching staff.

All this said, he does seem like a great kid. I was looking forward to seeing here at Uconn. It would have been terrific.

Too bad he can’t take back what he said about not wanting the competition. He needs a time machine.

Reaction Score
If we don't sign Lagow, we might really have to start hoping PP gets the boot after this season. FWIW, Texans, even football people, have a LOT of respect for UConn and this state.
P may have to go. It would have zero to do with this. If there was something less than zero, it would be that..

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fwiw all uconn pics taken off his twitter. Time to move on and enjoy the class we have which is a good one !

Indeed. I am totally pumped about the incoming class.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think, as a majority, we all believe RL should be a Husky. If he will be is a very different story.

Gotta tell ya, I couldn't really care much less if he comes here now or not. UConn now has adequate depth at QB. Not ideal, but adequate.

I've followed that trainwreck of a thread last Wednesday Afternoon. I even participated without realizing at first that He who should not be named was a recruit's father. Once I realized that he potentially was (Last Monday or Tuesday in a different thread, I think), I tried to stop addressing him directly. I think both sides (us fans and he) did a monster disservice to the process by enaging each other.

The writing was on the wall a week and a half before signing day that Lagow was reconsidering his options and it obviously had 100% to do with Tim Boyle. I thought it was dirty pool for the poster in question to paint Boyle and the program in a negative light, when he stated, "...the staff has offered a place to [Tim Boyle] that did not want to be [at UConn], was rejected by [BC] that offered him, and committed to Uconn because he had no other opportunities." (I'm reasonably sure that Pitt took another run at him) He then implied that Lagow was more tested than his incoming QB "competition" simply because he played high school games in what amounts to Memorial Stadium with a big scoreboard, in front of a few thousand people. Last I checked, neither spectators, nor the scoreboard is allowed on the field during the game. Plus, if he is more tested, why the concern for same-class competition? Once spring practice rolls around, all 24 of these kids are wormsh1t (Thank you, The Program) and they have to earn their way.

Lagow thought he was the only QB recruit for the class (per this poster). That's all well and good, but anyone who is at least remotely educated in recruiting is aware that a kid is fair game until he signs on the line which is dotted (and faxes it in). It should not be on UConn that Lagow turned away other recruiters after giving his verbal. UConn must do what is in the best interest of their program and if Lagow didn't want to commit with everyone else, he cannot expect (and to does not behoove UConn to keep) an open slot just in case. Whatever "respect" he thinks he's earned is mere hubris and UConn (rightly) should not pander to an 18 year old 3-star recruit merely because he verballed first or is from Texas. My opinion is that 3-stars is 3-stars is 3-stars, and if the recruiting services rate them as such, environment and HS competition are taken into account.

That said, congratulations to our incoming class. Don't let one individual take away from you that you are a part of the best rated incoming class in UConn history. Get big, get fast, and get on the field in order to make more history. Being a part of the best class carries some big expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom