Lagow going home... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Lagow going home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So this year coming up counts as his sit out year and he is eligible in 2014?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There is less reason to believe that it is true, unless you believe that Alabama, who signed a max class of 25 and whose last commits were Reuben Foster, Alvin Kamara, Dee Liner and A'Shawn Robinson, was holding a spot open for Lagow at the expense of one of them.

That was not the this I was referring to. That aside, IIRC the Lagow family was not in a position where an athletic scholarship would have been the only way for their son to continue his education. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the option of preferred walkon status had been discussed.

Reaction Score
May the thread end before another boy pic gets posted
Had no idea a picture of a bare-chested chubby kid trying to be macho would be considered creepy. Guess that speaks for the accuser's own mind.

Reaction Score
Or just a bit longer than it would take you to pull your head out of the Lagow family ass?

Its better to be silent (ie when you were a "lurker") and considered a fool, than to speak (ie pretty much everything you put on here now) and remove all doubt.

Reaction Score
PP will be long gone before we know whether his antics resulted in us losing a good QB or not. Maybe Lagow is really no better than 4th on depth chart or maybe PP manipulated something here.

Only certain thing is PP is a clown and gone after this season at worst.

Reaction Score
Had no idea a picture of a bare-chested chubby kid trying to be macho would be considered creepy. Guess that speaks for the accuser's own mind.

A (presumably) grown man posting a picture of a bare chested chubby kid trying to be tough is the very definition of creepy. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
He didn't like the view from the end of the Conga line. He left when the getting was still good. Fine. Did OSU offer as a walk on? Lets move on, there is a season starting next week.

Reaction Score
Finding such a picture creepy is far creepier. You go from mentioning "man-crush" to finding a picture of a male kid being creepy. Whatever floats your boat.

Reaction Score
This is great exposure. A Big 12 favorite picking-up a UConn 4th stringer and calling it a sleeper.
It'll be even better exposure if he tears the Big XII apart.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Its better to be silent (ie when you were a "lurker") and considered a fool, than to speak (ie pretty much everything you put on here now) and remove all doubt.

Remind me who you are again and resend all of your wonderous posts.

Clown.

Reaction Score
We never heard Zach Frazer's name on tv once without mentioning he was a Norte dame transfer ... You think we will hear any mention of Lagow as a former UCONN commit?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We never heard Zach Frazer's name on tv once without mentioning he was a Norte dame transfer ... You think we will hear any mention of Lagow as a former UCONN commit?

LOL yeah when he's starting at Oklahoma State I'd worry about that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I'm thinking no. Unless he blows up and we'll hear "What was UConn thinking?" ad nauseum.

Reaction Score
So I'm reading the Boneyard while making room for dessert and I realize I have an enormous hole in my boxers.

Reaction Score
It is not out of the realm of possibility that the option of preferred walkon status had been discussed.

He has not been promised a scholarship but will have to earn it per this article.

"Lagow said OSU recruited him when he was in high school, but did not offer a scholarship. He has not been promised a scholarship, but will have a chance to earn one."

Reaction Score
He has not been promised a scholarship but will have to earn it per this article.

"Lagow said OSU recruited him when he was in high school, but did not offer a scholarship. He has not been promised a scholarship, but will have a chance to earn one."

(The following comment isn't directed at you huskymedic)

He is transferring to a school where he not only has to earn the position, but he has to earn a scholarship??

Sounds like a prima donna to me. :rolleyes:

Maybe it just wasn't a good fit for him? I wish him luck, we got Towson in 7 days.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There are a lot of reasons kids go home from school in their first semester, football player or not - we should not try to over-analyze his comments.

Reaction Score
I'll believe it when I see it in the courant.com/sports/uconn-football/

Reaction Score
Honestly, any big time athlete that gets attention and praise is going to like just about any school. Richard said, "I just never really felt comfortable there" in regard to UConn during an interview with OK media. He also then quickly noted "I like to compete". Frankly, I don't like the first comment at all and I think his need to say he likes to compete immediately after stems from his insecurity about avoiding competition at every turn. I think it hurts us a little in recruiting that region for him to imply that the place made him uncomfortable.

Richard didn't like his place on the depth chart and that made him uncomfortable. I don't think UConn or the area had anything to do with it. I don't expect him to say "I couldn't or wouldn't compete", but he seems to be saying subtly, "I just didn't like it there" and I think that's kind of disingenuous.
There were four other good quarterbacks that made him uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom