Lady Vols European Tour | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lady Vols European Tour

Reaction Score
Not surprising. The opposing teams tallest player was just 6’1.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Holly was the coach who planned this trip to Europe. That's really sad that she's not able to enjoy the trip that she is responsible for planning.

How do we know Holly is not handling the baggage from hotel rooms to bus?

Reaction Score
I have a difficult time seeing Harper being a worse coach than Holly. Honestly if she could provide some discipline and adequate instruction, there should be quite a difference in play with the athletes Tennessee has.

Holly was a great recruiter (although you really could be crediting that to what Summitt built) but she was clueless when it came to managing her team and having them prepared. I never thought her teams played as a team. It was completely individualized basketball with zero identify but "push it".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Box score?
Since Tennessee is on UConn's schedule this year, we might as well become familiar with their roster. They've only got 1 player UNDER 6 feet. [Roster]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I simply wondered out loud to anyone that read my comment, how they thought a UConn post similar to this one would be perceived on the Vol Nation board given their bitter/scathing thoughts and feelings about Geno and UConn. It was a knee-jerk reaction to reading that post.
I, for one, actually got your intent. I often read the Summit and sometimes even post there. I can say that from my perspective the anti Uconn feeling seems to have subsided over the years, much as the anti-Vol feelings have diminished on the Boneyard. I believe Holly played a major role in that. She was something that both fan bases could agree on.

The decline and problems that the Vol program has faced in the last few years seemed to have injected a degree of humility in the fan base. Humility is something that a lot of fan bases can use. Ultimately, except for at games. the rabidity of a fan base does not decide how good a team performs. Some fans don't seem to grasp that concept. People can be reasonable and respectful, especially away from games, and still, be very supportive of their teams. Objectivity does not hurt their teams.

I can't be sure, but I don't think such a post would have the negative reaction that some might expect. That is anymore than any other team might have. Most sites are will have fans object if their treads stray too far away from focus on their team. That is one aspect that separates the Boneyard from most other sites. We can thank the excellent moderators they have here. Especially HuskeyNan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rae - 16 points, 10 rebounds
Zaay - 16 points
Rennia - 16 points
Key - 15 points, 11 rebounds
Kasi - 8 rebounds
Brown - 8 rebounds
Massengill - 8 rebounds, 6 assists

Based on the press release from Tennessee

I am anxious to see how Key will be utilized this year, very talented player. Apparently the only issue today was the turnovers. Horston did not play as far as I am aware.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good the girls are learning to work together as a team....The one on one ball under Holly's watch, was not the path to success...Even the blind man saw that.

Reaction Score
Highlights showed the layup drill that was Rennia Davis.

Reaction Score
Vol fans, what are you thinking is the lineup next year?

Davis, Green, Horston, Burrell, Kushkituah?

I see Key getting a lot of time this year. Obviously the #1 concern that plagued Holly's teams are the turnovers/decision making.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think this tour helps. It will give them a chance to play. Harper can use different combinations. To who plays the best together. I think this can be a fun season.

Reaction Score
A little bit of this, and a little bit of that....Presto, a basketball team appears........again.

Most of us knew, Holly was no chef...Maybe a short order cook.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Harper will be an improvement but Carson Newman would beat these European teams.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Any concern that the LVs gave up 46 points in the second half to a mediocre team?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Harper said before the trip. We have just put in some basic stuff. We will get more detailed later on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom