Lady Vols European Tour | The Boneyard

Lady Vols European Tour

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For a second I thought the Lady Vols had been reinvented as a throwback Motown band.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This separate forum was thoughtfully created specifically for posts such as this. Just curious.........................how do you think a similar post featuring UConn would be received in the Vol Nation message board? Thoughts? :rolleyes:

With a new head coach and a revamped roster with lots of new faces, does Tenn make the tournament this year, and if they do, do they make it to the 2nd weekend? I think they make the field of 64, but not the 2nd weekend.

Here's their OOC schedule. Their first real test will be @ Notre Dame on November 11. That should be a game of interest to UConn fans since we play BOTH teams.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just curious.....how do you think a similar post featuring UConn would be received in the Vol Nation message board? Thoughts? :rolleyes:
I get where you're coming from, but this is the general WBB subforum. Threads about other teams are what this subforum was created for.

Reaction Score
This tour is perfect for this team and their situation. I’m excited for them and wish them the best. The SEC doesn’t seem right unless UT is in the fight for the title.

Reaction Score
This separate forum was thoughtfully created specifically for posts such as this. Just curious.....how do you think a similar post featuring UConn would be received in the Vol Nation message board? Thoughts? :rolleyes:

With a new head coach and a revamped roster with lots of new faces, does Tenn make the tournament this year, and if they do, do they make it to the 2nd weekend? I don't think they do.
My thoughts, the BY is the only message board that allows non home team posts from WBB fans and in my opinion the BY is the only national message board. That is why the BY is unique and a real asset to WBB. The uniqueness of the BY enables WBB fans to have a source of information that exist nowhere else. Thank you, BY!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I apologize for not making the crux of my post above clear. I don’t have a problem with stwainfan’s post. I prefaced my question by acknowledging that this sub forum was created for non-UConn posts of this nature. My question was actually a “below the belt” jab at the Volunteers message boards. Given their hate and vitriol for everything UConn, I was trying to illicit some thoughts of others. We welcome posts like this, while VN would run you off of the board, and the mods would probably delete it.

I’m not a mod or a gate keeper. I’m just a regular visitor. Fact is I always enjoy reading the thoughts and concerns of posters from other programs, whether it be about UConn or their favorite team.

I simply wondered out loud to anyone that read my comment, how they thought a UConn post similar to this one would be perceived on the Vol Nation board given their bitter/scathing thoughts and feelings about Geno and UConn. It was a knee-jerk reaction to reading that post.

The creation of this general "catch all" forum was ingenious. It fills a critical need here in the yard. It's a place where fans from all over the country can now come and share their thoughts and concerns with other WCBB fans about their favorite team without fear of ridicule or rebuke. Some non-UConn fans were beginning to get a little out of control with their "home team" posts and drum beating which was beginning to annoy the locals.

There are two types of teams I'm interested in knowing as much as I can about every year. First is the top 6 ranked teams in the country. These are the teams UConn will have to contend with for a #1 seed in the tournament each year. The other teams are those on UConn's schedule that year. This year, I'm interested in Baylor, Notre Dame, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia, Cal, Tennessee, etc.

Until I read the subsequent comments posted in reference to it, I had no idea my comment would be perceived in the manner it was. I’ll try and do better next time.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My thoughts, the BY is the only message board that allows non home team posts from WBB fans and in my opinion the BY is the only national message board. That is why the BY is unique and a real asset to WBB. The uniqueness of the BY enables WBB fans to have a source of information that exist nowhere else. Thank you, BY!
There are a lot of teams whose fans boards don’t have the same number of posters that we have here, so I get why folks visit. I felt badly, cutting off threads about other teams on the main UConn board, but a number of UConn fans were getting irritated so this board sprung into existence. Besides, it’s neat seeing the Oregon-Oregon State-Stanford-ASUfans interact, same as the numerous SEC fans we have on the board. It’s been quite educational, too

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
There are a lot of teams whose fans boards don’t have the same number of posters that we have here, so I get why folks visit. I felt badly, cutting off threads about other teams on the main UConn board, but a number of UConn fans were getting irritated so this board sprung into existence. Besides, it’s neat seeing the Oregon-Oregon State-Stanford-ASUfans interact, same as the numerous SEC fans we have on the board. It’s been quite educational, too
Thanks for this, and for everything you and the mods do to keep this board up and running! Our Stanford board has a decent critical mass during the peak basketball season (Nov-March), but even then the pickings are slim for news and discussion of other top programs, especially non-PAC12 ones. I think is is because Stanford is good at a lot of college sports, so our forum tends to have mostly Stanford partisans who root for Stanford in all sports--including women's basketball--rather than basketball fans especially interested in Stanford (and football fans out number basketball fans something like 10 to 1). In this sense, the Boneyard has been exceptionally educational and definitely helped to maintain my interest in WBB in the offseason! So thank you all!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think this team will be better. I can't wait to see them play.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
For me, I started paying attention to Pat and her mid to late 80's teams as WCBB got more mainstream through the Title IX law. I marveled at her ability to coach, cajole, berate, coddle and stay magnanimous all at the same time. I was particular intrigued as she coached through her pregnancy and the recruiting story about when her water broke. The willingness to play UConn as an up and comer raised my interest further as my home state became relevant. As "conference musical chairs" became the theme in the 90's and 00's, the nastiness of the rivalry with the fans soured me intensely on the LadyVols. Their entitlement (which we may be doomed to repeat if not careful) has and continues to both bother and amuse me (after all, they haven't been relevant since 2008). The fans act as if they should still be revered, given accolades and respect for every little thing and take any criticism, however fair, as major insults. Their vile and nasty treatment of any dissenting view has me reveling in their struggles as "just desserts" for their lack of hubris. Present BY fans aside, any trip over to VolNation, requires a shower after perusing their posts. So yes, I absolutely understood what @Carnac was saying that VN would absolutely NOT tolerate anything remote like what @HuskyNan has created. So not only do we have the TOP WCBB Program of all time, we have the TOP WCBB Website!

I am still going to poke lots of fun at anything Tennessee related when it gets posted-I will however, respect their right to post it here as those that do are very gracious, mostly logical and knowledgeable fans. Could they possibly give that insight to their fellow SC and MSU fans who now post here??? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Several years ago the vols took another summer trip to Italy. The reports were that they were building chemistry and really jelling as a team. LV fans were anticipating a return to glory. By November we learned that DD had hurt herself on the trip and was iffy to start the season. There was an issue with another player in Italy too that we didn't find out about until months later.

So let's not put the vols into the national picture just yet.

Plebe

Reaction Score

I'm assuming that Holly was the coach who planned this trip to Europe. That's really sad that she's not able to enjoy the trip that she is responsible for planning.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Holly was the coach who planned this trip to Europe. That's really sad that she's not able to enjoy the trip that she is responsible for planning.
I think that your going to like this new coaching staff. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I imagine she had support staff. Or maybe Rick Barnes took over. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom