Lady Vols European Tour | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lady Vols European Tour

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
It's a good sign that they went 3-0, but I don't know how much you can expect in a coach's first year at a different school. She is bringing in a new system with players she didn't recruit. You just never know how it will all turn out, but a lot of people will be tuned in to see what happens.

As far as long term, it's extremely rare for any program to return to elite status once the elite coach is gone. AL football did it, but they got a sitting head coach from a program where he had already won a NC.

I think kellie will need to have a really good 1st season to get some good recruiting momentum for 2021. She has the players currently to make at least a competitive run for an sec title this season. She seems to do really well in tournaments too, so all we can do is wait and see what happens. I think recruiting is going to be key though, because her stint at nc st showed that even though she was competitive with some of the ranked teams she played, her lack of recruiting success really cost her there

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The 2020 recruits dont seem to be all that enthralled with kellie and her staff. Angel Reese might be Tennessee's best chance at a top recruit and if Reese doesnt happen, tennessee could lay a big recruiting egg for 2020
It takes time. They have only been there a short time. Until a player signs a LOI it doesn't mean anything.

Reaction Score
Well there should be some clarity given for a clearer perspective: KJH actually coached at 3 places- Western Carolina: 5 yrs at 97-65 with 2 NCAA/2 NIT, NC State for 4 yrs at 70-64 with 1 NCAA/2 NIT and Missouri St for 6 yrs 118-79 with 2 NCAA/3 NIT. Overall record 285-208 for a .578 win percentage. Of the 7 NITs she has been to the second round 4 times. So in 15 years of coaching, she’s been to 5 NCAAT, +7 NIT for 12 postseason appearances. This data says, “good coach”, not “great coach”, so if her resume did not have “Tennessee Lady Vol player” on it, I highly doubt she would have gotten an interview never mind the actual HC job. To bring in the name of Bill Belichek is just silly. He didn’t draft the Browns players nor sign the free agents, he was handed chicken s*&t and told to make chicken salad. Not going to happen. KJH resume says her team will win 19-20 games per year, lose 12-14 games per year. Is that enough for VolNation? I know it’s perfect for me, as a UConn fan...:D

I already know about Kellie's history at those three places. Do you think she would've been hired if she had went to the NIT this season instead of the S16? I also acknowledged that her being an Tenn alum play a part in her being hired too. Maybe using one the NBA retread coaches instead of Belichek wasn't the best example but who knew at the time when he was at Cleveland that he would've ended up as becoming one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.

I don't expect KJH to have a great recruiting class for 2020 because she has establish relationships and some recruits and their parents need to know what type of product is going to be put out on the court.

Reaction Score
Kellie is on the scene now, as the new queen bee of the Lady Vols...She will do fine, this I can almost guarantee you...If not, someone else will be the new queen bee.

Some of our northern friends want to proclaim her "a failure" before the season officially begins...This is not real friendly of them...Like all new coaches at their former alma mater, our fan base wants her to succeed.

So let it be written...So let it be done.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Harper might do well at Tennessee. I liked her as a player back in the day. I have nothing against her as a coach. If you look at it objectively, her resume does not suggest she was the best candidate for a school the caliber of Tennessee. I don't know if she was their first choice. Rumors were rampant, all kinds of names were floated about, but that was not by insiders. I have no idea what the coaching search process actually looked like. She is who they got. We'll have to wait and see how it works out.

Reaction Score
Some of our northern friends want to proclaim her "a failure" before the season officially begins...This is not real friendly of them...Like all new coaches at their former alma mater, our fan base wants her to succeed.

No one said she was going to be a failure. She is now at a program with a lot of top tier talent and with all the resources in the world now being at a program like Tennessee. Some were just saying her track record was extremely questionable outside her NCAAT run this year. She very well may kick butt for Tennessee, maybe not, time will tell.

I think she will be an upgrade from Holly, but the question is how much. Will she get Tennessee where Tennessee fans want them to be?

Reaction Score
Kellie is on the scene now, as the new queen bee of the Lady Vols...She will do fine, this I can almost guarantee you...If not, someone else will be the new queen bee.

So let it be written...So let it be done.

Let this "northern friend" (just using your word here not actual friend) proclaim here and now, ANY coach coming to replace Holly has to be better...will it translate into more wins, time will tell.

Reaction Score
Please. You’re on a UConn board and you’re allowed to post. That’s pretty darn hospitable.

As long as I don't break any board rules, it should be OK for me to post here, correct? Seems like you guys would like some good "back and forth", with a few people from the great state of Tennessee.

The world of women's college basketball seems to always be looking for a little "good conversation" between two fan bases that appreciate women's basketball, like our two fan bases do...

When I was a boy working on the farm, I once told my granddaddy I didn't feel like working today...He told me "it don't get hot, it don't get cold, it don't rain, it don'rt snow, pick up your ax, and lets go."

That's how I see the upcoming season.....What was, is no more, pick up the ball, and let's go to work..

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rae - 16 points, 10 rebounds
Zaay - 16 points
Rennia - 16 points
Key - 15 points, 11 rebounds
Kasi - 8 rebounds
Brown - 8 rebounds
Massengill - 8 rebounds, 6 assists

Based on the press release from Tennessee

I am anxious to see how Key will be utilized this year, very talented player. Apparently the only issue today was the turnovers. Horston did not play as far as I am aware.
Horston was sick....

I sure hope the ugliness is over between the fan bases....It was ridiculous.

This is surprising and was kept under wraps

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom