OT: - Kyrie Irving | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Kyrie Irving

Reaction Score
The firing itself was justified. The circumstance(es) that enabled them to do so without receiving any considerable public backlash was systemic racism in a nutshell.

What?? The circumstances that enabled UConn to fire him without receiving public backlash was the fact that it was clearly with just cause. We just ignoring the fact that he also has a show-cause order from the NCAA that bans him from coaching for several years? Or is that racism from the NCAA too? I’m not downplaying the state of race relations in today’s world, but to call this systemic racism is ridiculous.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I applaud Kyrie for continuously using critical thinking. It's a skill more people should use regularly.

Unfortunately, he's not any good at it.

*Trying to use

The rest of your point is dead on balls accurate.

Reaction Score
The firing itself was justified. The circumstance(es) that enabled them to do so without receiving any considerable public backlash was systemic racism in a nutshell.
Good lord

You’re saying that the lack of public outrage over something you (and most people) note as being justified, is due to systemic racism.

Do you see that issue here?

Reaction Score
Dwight Howard might sit out Lebron won't be too happy about that, you would think he would wanna play seeing he hasn't won a title and this could be his last shot.

Reaction Score
He’d give it all up to fight for social justice? At least that’s a better cause than giving up on the last 4 or so seasons because he felt like it

The injury gives him an easy out as well.

Reaction Score
Starting to take Kyrie's side on this the more I think about it. The shutdown has unwittingly steered people towards the darkest alleys of society and intensified their urge to reform them. Bring back all the distractions and that fight weakens considerably.

Reaction Score
Starting to take Kyrie's side on this the more I think about it. The shutdown has unwittingly steered people towards the darkest alleys of society and intensified their urge to reform them. Bring back all the distractions and that fight weakens considerably.
Are you a closeted Duke fan?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
20200613_150804.jpg
Such a terrible man. How could he have the nerve?

Reaction Score

So having millions of national televised eyeballs on you for 4-months is a bad thing?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What?? The circumstances that enabled UConn to fire him without receiving public backlash was the fact that it was clearly with just cause. We just ignoring the fact that he also has a show-cause order from the NCAA that bans him from coaching for several years? Or is that racism from the NCAA too? I’m not downplaying the state of race relations in today’s world, but to call this systemic racism is ridiculous.
Man people just can't leave KO out of anything
Sad
As far as Kyrie is concerned - who really care what he says or does
He's an athlete, like so many of them, who get paid boat loads of money and they feel that gives them the right to pontificate.
He was a pain in Cleveland, a pain in Boston and now establishing his version of Pain in Brooklyn
So much talent so little common sense

Reaction Score
IMO we are at the point that the pendulum needs to swing uncomfortably the other way. Was Ollie’s treatment at all effected by his race? Maybe. Maybe not. But champs bringing it up is reasonable and hopefully a healthy conversation that we can have these days without getting so defensive.

Reaction Score
IMO we are at the point that the pendulum needs to swing uncomfortably the other way. Was Ollie’s treatment at all effected by his race? Maybe. Maybe not. But champs bringing it up is reasonable and hopefully a healthy conversation that we can have these days without getting so defensive.
There's a reasonable discussion to be had. The source being Champs is why it's being met with so much criticism. He abandoned the entire UConn basketball program because of KO being fired

Reaction Score
There's a reasonable discussion to be had. The source being Champs is why it's being met with so much criticism. He abandoned the entire UConn basketball program because of KO being fired
Go ahead. Start this alleged reasonable discussion. Make the case. Lay out the premises that would allow someone to arrive at the conclusion that fewer people cared about a losing coach getting fired, after violating his own contract while running his ship aground, on the basis of said loser’s race. Show us how the reaction is a manifestation of systemic racism (and define “systemic racism” while you’re at it).

@champs99and04 clearly wasn’t interested in doing it himself.

Reaction Score
Go ahead. Start this alleged reasonable discussion. Make the case. Lay out the premises that would allow someone to arrive at the conclusion that fewer people cared about a losing coach getting fired, after violating his own contract while running his ship aground, on the basis of said loser’s race. Show us how the reaction is a manifestation of systemic racism (and define “systemic racism” while you’re at it).

@champs99and04 clearly wasn’t interested in doing it himself.
I think you completely took what I said out of context, or I didn't make it clear. I'm just talking about reasonable discussions about Kevin Ollie so calm down. I'm in no way defending anything Champs said and thought that was obvious

Reaction Score
I think you completely took what I said out of context, or I didn't make it clear. I'm just talking about reasonable discussions about Kevin Ollie so calm down. I'm in no way defending anything Champs said and thought that was obvious
Fair enough, you sure seemed to lend credence to a post that sure seemed to lend credence to his post.

Reaction Score
Fair enough, you sure seemed to lend credence to a post that sure seemed to lend credence to his post.
I can see that interpretation now, but not at all what I meant. I was just trying to advocate for a healthy discussion, I would certainly not be on their side if that discussion happened

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You mean to make a spectacle of himself and ask them to do what they were already doing?
He's the VP of the players union, did you expect him to not raise concerns?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He's the VP of the players union, did you expect him to not raise concerns?

I expect him to do it during the many many normal course of business calls they’ve already had about coming back.

Bubble ball hasn’t been a mystery until yesterday. It’s been in the cards for a while now.

Reaction Score
I expect him to do it during the many many normal course of business calls they’ve already had about coming back.

Bubble ball hasn’t been a mystery until yesterday. It’s been in the cards for a while now.
I guess I can see this but they had a call on Friday and a significant amount of time was spent discussing the racial issues occuring in the country which is why it came up now. And this is not a rogue Kyrie statement. I'm not expecting everyone to agree with what they're saying, just arguing against the idea of typical selfish Kyrie

From Dwight:
F33E692C-E85D-4093-B1FB-A0C47BAB3B68.jpeg

Reaction Score
LOL. This is the crowd that would have hated Dr. King and Ali in the 60s, then claimed them as heroes 20 years after the fact when it was en vogue and easy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
LOL. This is the crowd that would have hated Dr. King and Ali in the 60s, then claimed them as heroes 20 years after the fact when it was en vogue and easy.

Meh, I get that point and I definitely am not against kyrie and his opinion on this matter. I appreciate him speaking up if that’s what he thinks. I just find him to be a bit of a phony, so when this is the 50th example of that, it’s tougher to give him the benefit.

I think comparing this one statement to Ali and MLK is a BIT much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom