OT: - Kyrie Irving | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kyrie Irving

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Cancel. Culture.

But in all seriousness, Kyrie has the total right to voice his opinion and ultimately it’s up to the collective group of players to decide to play or not. We can’t bash him for bringing it up.

Reaction Score
The Nets played better when Levert came back and Kyrie was out. He's afraid of the Nets going on a run. He's afraid of the Celtics going on a run.
This is you being a fan. They are talking about social justice and the ramifications Of that movement on coming back. You Are just looking at it from a pure basketball standpoint. The nets going on a run are the reason he’s telling people not to come back, I mean come on that’s ridiculous.

Reaction Score
It's beyond me that anyone can support Kyrie on this yet still let UConn off the hook for the Ollie debacle. Y'all really couldn't have tried any harder to miss the meaning of systemic racism back then. Seriously. It's been a huge problem here dating back decades, and not a subtle one.

Kyrie definitely has a point on this, but this sort of grandstanding is just so typical of him that it'll be hard to stomach the sanctimonious feature stories on his courage that come later. He's not the guy to lead this cause.
What? Ollie being fired had nothing to do with systemic racism

Reaction Score
Kyrie is injured isnt he so he might as well be at the rallies then if he chooses too.

Reaction Score
Of course it does, everything has to do with racism anymore. (I must point out that the previous statement was sarcasm)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Cancel. Culture.

But in all seriousness, Kyrie has the total right to voice his opinion and ultimately it’s up to the collective group of players to decide to play or not. We can’t bash him for bringing it up.

Not cancel culture. That’s throwing A hissy fit over a cartoon dog in a cop uniform.

Teams have reps for a reason. It streamlines the process so you don’t need to get 100-200 Individual players on a call at once. Why didnt kyrie expires this before? We’ve known about bubble ball in Disney for a while now. Did he literally just think of this?

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Regardless of this situation, I’ve always found Kyrie to be a phony. I can’t root for him.

And he tries hard to be intelligent but I just don’t think he is. Unless you’re into the whole flat earth movement.

Reaction Score
Which is my point, you're trashing him for choosing not to play

No, he’s campaigning the entire league not to play! He listed three excuses on the call

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Am I wrong to think WTF?? are Melo and Dwight Howard doing leading any sort of conversation? Two over the hill players, whose bank accounts have had plenty of 0's over their careers and neither will have any impact on how the season plays out.

At least Kyrie can make an impact if they choose to resume the season.

the Q

Reaction Score
Am I wrong to think ?? are Melo and Dwight Howard doing leading any sort of conversation? Two over the hill players, whose bank accounts have had plenty of 0's over their careers and neither will have any impact on how the season plays out.

At least Kyrie can make an impact if they choose to resume the season.

I thought they might have positions in the union or be reps. But according to the nbpa site they don’t. So it is a little odd.

Reaction Score
I think that's a fair criticism/point. The part I'm more reacting to is the idea that players choosing not to play is a selfish move. But I'd like to keep this thread on the basketball board so will stop here

It’s easier for him to sit out, he has millions or he should. What about the younger fringe guys?

Reaction Score
Cancel. Culture.

Talk about a contradictory statement. Kyrie has the right to voice his opinion but we can’t have our opinions? Lol.

the Q

Reaction Score
Those guys have the right to play if they need/want the money

The only caveat is if the union as a whole doesn’t want to assume the risk due to the global health pandemic. Then those guys that want to play are kind of stuck.

Reaction Score
The only caveat is if the union as a whole doesn’t want to assume the risk due to the global health pandemic. Then those guys that want to play are kind of stuck.
That's fair, I just don't expect this to be a popular enough opinion to have the union decide they're not playing the season

Reaction Score

The firing itself was justified. The circumstance(es) that enabled them to do so without receiving any considerable public backlash was systemic racism in a nutshell.

Reaction Score
Those guys have the right to play if they need/want the money
Man- remember the times where athletes played for the love of the game! To your point throughout the posts- this situation is very complicated when it comes to all the 4 major sports playing again.

Obviously there is a lot of layers to all of it & I believe it would be smart to not pass judgment during this complexed time. Luckily I have been working each day (Some would say unlucky) through these strange times & I am leading hundreds of employees & almost every week there is another challenging decision & conversation that comes my way which I never thought I would have previously. I am sure people who follow my lead have brought up a lot of criticism on my decision making & hopefully at least some have praise it at times as well. As I’ve told people, even the decisions that wound up working out so far I don’t pump my chest out because those same decisions three weeks from now could turn out to be dead wrong.

We don’t have a playbook or a blueprint to guide us through- the greatest leaders in the world right now all seem to have different conclusions on how to handle what’s going on in America right now.

In turn, as I said earlier I do my best to hold back all judgement & maybe in another 18 months we could look back & analyze who made the great decisions & who didn’t.

the Q

Reaction Score
The firing itself was justified. The circumstance(es) that enabled them to do so without receiving any considerable public backlash was systemic racism in a nutshell.

We found KO’s lawyer.

Is systemic racism the phrase of the week for all the computer jockeys out there? And why or how does it apply to this thread?

Some people would rather be “woke” than intelligent

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone has a problem with Kyrie expressing his opinion so much as they do the manner and timing with which he did so. This sounds like more of an adrenaline-induced plea at the 11th hour - when they were essentially just dotting the I's and crossing the T's - from someone who's sidelined by injury and entirely removed from the competitive aspect of things.

If the consensus was that sitting out would help solve systemic racism in any way, I'm sure the reactions would be different.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone has a problem with Kyrie expressing his opinion so much as they do the manner and timing with which he did so. This sounds like more of an adrenaline-induced plea at the 11th hour - when they were essentially just dotting the I's and crossing the T's - from someone who's sidelined by injury and entirely removed from the competitive aspect of things.

If the consensus was that sitting out would help solve systemic racism in any way, I'm sure the reactions would be different.

I have a problem with a player who can’t play rally the league to sit out with him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom