OT: - Kyrie Irving | The Boneyard

OT: Kyrie Irving

Reaction Score
Is there a more unlikeable player in the NBA than Kyrie? He's campaigning for players to not continue the season?

What ?!

To me this is coming off as “if I can’t play nobody can play” type of elementary school attitude. He’s had this same weak attitude since 2017. Wah wah I cant play with Lebron, wah wah. Wah wah I never wanted to play for the Celtics wah wah. Wah wah I am faking injuries because Boston is mean wah wah. This guy is such a loser

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised this is the opinion people have of players. But I am disappointed we're not better than this

The Nets played better when Levert came back and Kyrie was out. He's afraid of the Nets going on a run. He's afraid of the Celtics going on a run.

Reaction Score
The Nets played better when Levert came back and Kyrie was out. He's afraid of the Nets going on a run. He's afraid of the Celtics going on a run.
I think that's a fair criticism/point. The part I'm more reacting to is the idea that players choosing not to play is a selfish move. But I'd like to keep this thread on the basketball board so will stop here

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think that's a fair criticism/point. The part I'm more reacting to is the idea that players choosing not to play is a selfish move. But I'd like to keep this thread on the basketball board so will stop here

I have no problem if a player decides it’s not in his own best interest to not play.

he’s trying to tank the entire season. Which is a far different discussion IMO.

Reaction Score
I have no problem if a player decides it’s not in his own best interest to not play.

he’s trying to tank the entire season. Which is a far different discussion IMO.
I think that's fair. Maybe I missed some comments from him but don't find it unreasonable if a player decided it's not worth playing 3 months in Orlando where you can't leave

Reaction Score
Because he heard Kevin Durant isn't going to play this year. Kylie would rather go golfing.

Reaction Score
I think that's fair. Maybe I missed some comments from him but don't find it unreasonable if a player decided it's not worth playing 3 months in Orlando where you can't leave

1) He's injured and can't play
2) The Nets might not even make the playoffs
3) He's trying to sabotage the entire season

the Q

Reaction Score

I think bubble ball is the only way this works. I think mlbs plan is even more insane. But less miserable.

Reaction Score
1) He's injured and can't play
2) The Nets might not even make the playoffs
3) He's trying to sabotage the entire season
The Nets are 6 games up with 8 to play, they're making the playoffs. And serious question because you're the 2nd person to say this how is he sabotaging the whole season?

Reaction Score
I think bubble ball is the only way this works. I think mlbs plan is even more insane. But less miserable.
There's basically no chance MLB has a season despite what Manfred says. The owners are too hard headed to come to any compromise

the Q

Reaction Score
There's basically no chance MLB has a season despite what Manfred says. The owners are too hard headed to come to any compromise

they’re going to unilaterally institute like 48 or 50 games on Monday.

but all the travel and playing in everyone’s home parks is just insane to me.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He also said he'd support whatever decision the players make about playing. But that didn't fit your narrative. Kyrie haters stretch so far to make him into a villan.

Reaction Score
It's beyond me that anyone can support Kyrie on this yet still let UConn off the hook for the Ollie debacle. Y'all really couldn't have tried any harder to miss the meaning of systemic racism back then. Seriously. It's been a huge problem here dating back decades, and not a subtle one.

Kyrie definitely has a point on this, but this sort of grandstanding is just so typical of him that it'll be hard to stomach the sanctimonious feature stories on his courage that come later. He's not the guy to lead this cause.

Reaction Score
Is there a more unlikeable player in the NBA than Kyrie? He's campaigning for players to not continue the season?

What ?!

To me this is coming off as “if I can’t play nobody can play” type of elementary school attitude. He’s had this same weak attitude since 2017. Wah wah I cant play with Lebron, wah wah. Wah wah I never wanted to play for the Celtics wah wah. Wah wah I am faking injuries because Boston is mean wah wah. This guy is such a loser

What's the problem here?

Irving made it known he was strongly against going to Orlando, Florida, to resume the season, opting instead to work on the frontlines in his community to focus on racial oppression and systemic racism in the aftermath of George Floyd’s homicide, sources said.

However, later in the call, Irving said he would stand with the group and travel to Disney World in Orlando if the players agreed that was the right call, sources said.

"If it's worth the risk, then let's go and do it," Irving said on the call, sources said. "But if you're not with it, it's OK, too. We've got options for both ways. Let's just come to a middle ground as a family."

Irving, along Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard and Donovan Mitchell, expressed their desire not to play at this juncture, sources said. Portland Trail Blazers star C.J. McCollum shared that he voted “no” on resuming the season in a group chat, but he stressed the importance of finishing the season out of fear the next CBA negotiations wouldn't be so kind to the players, sources said.

Howard said the time is now to take a stand and to use their collective power to implement change in the justice system and how police treat people of color instead of playing, sources said.

Mitchell, who is up for an extension this offseason, explained he's concerned with returning to play and injuring himself and thus jeopardizing his opportunity for a max deal, sources said.

Before the call, sources said, players were disappointed that they all were not given a vote on whether to return to play.

Mitchell explained that the young players feel as if they're not being listened to, sources said. Mo Bamba acknowledged some young players are intimidated to voice an opinion that's opposite of the superstars’, sources said. Anthony apologized and assured them that moving forward the platform would be for all to participate in, and throughout the call he asked for young players to let their voices be heard, sources said.

Sources: Players express their doubts in conference call with Kyrie Irving, but establish unifying front

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom