2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think UConn is out of the picture now. Hurley watched him play this past weekend but UConn wasn't mentioned as one of the schools still pushing hard. Schools still recruiting him hard include Duke, Ohio St., Iowa and Michigan according to this article.

Reaction Score
Duke bound, he loves Duke and Scheyer is selling him on being the focal point.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is out of the picture now. Hurley watched him play this past weekend but UConn wasn't mentioned as one of the schools still pushing hard. Schools still recruiting him hard include Duke, Ohio St., Iowa and Michigan according to this article.

These guys all know the rumbles so he's probably lost interest in UConn so they've stopped the 'hard" recruitment and shifted their sights on the gettables. (a word?) LOL

Reaction Score
I personally think Karaban is the more versatile player with much higher upside...he's the better shooter of the two. That's just my personal take though.
I think I agree with the caveat being flip has more athleticism and length which I think gives him a higher ceiling.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
forget numbers, rankings, etc, i agree with this ant guy (a most excellant, calm, and rational reviewer), flip is the best 'stretch four' in his class, and, just mebbe, the best player of the whole bunch.
can you say 'nba 3 forward?' i can. no wonder dude keeps saying aboot these top programs 'they want to build around me.' i certainly would.

Reaction Score
Is this guy focal point worthy?
They can basically tell him to come in and be Matt Hurt 2.0. Learn the system year 1 then run the team year 2

white guy comparison aside they have very similar games (Hurt slightly more perimeter oriented), and if his translates the same as Hurt's then I'd say the 1st team ACC is focal point worthy

Reaction Score
They can basically tell him to come in and be Matt Hurt 2.0. Learn the system year 1 then run the team year 2

white guy comparison aside they have very similar games (Hurt slightly more perimeter oriented), and if his translates the same as Hurt's then I'd say the 1st team ACC is focal point worthy

Hurt is really not that good. Tall, soft and can’t guard a chair. Can shoot it a little (or a lot) but never impressed. Hope for his sake he’s better.

Reaction Score

Why would Hurley be there if we were out of the picture? We certainly don’t lead, but don’t forget when JC snagged Donyell over dozens of “favored” schools.

Reaction Score
Hurt is really not that good. Tall, soft and can’t guard a chair. Can shoot it a little (or a lot) but never impressed. Hope for his sake he’s better.
Weird take, but ok. No argument on defense but the dude shot 44% from 3...he can shoot

Reaction Score
Weird take, but ok. No argument on defense but the dude shot 44% from 3...he can shoot
Hurt never impressed me so this number is a surprise. Must’ve been the quietest 44% in college basketball. Flip impacts the game and plays with more swag. Hurt could score 25 and you’d never even know it.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Hurt never impressed me so this number is a surprise. Must’ve been the quietest 44% in college basketball. Flip impacts the game and plays with more swag. Hurt could score 25 and you’d never even know it.
Hurt never impressed you...he was first team all-acc, averaged 18 a game, shot 44% from 3, and was on the Naismith and Wooden award watch list. Did you ever even watch him?

Reaction Score
Hurt never impressed you...he was first team all-acc, averaged 18 a game, shot 44% from 3, and was on the Naismith and Wooden award watch list. Did you ever even watch him?
Yeah I love how people on the Yard are infatuated with Dawson Garcia but trash Matthew Hurt.

Reaction Score
Meh. I’m not an ACC fan and watched maybe 3-4 Duke games last year and I can honestly say that if Hurt played in them, I wouldn’t know it. He scored all those points on the worst Duke team in a decade, played no defense, and looked as soft as Charmin. Sure Covid had a major impact on their record and performance, but just like the 44% from 3 I had no idea he did all that.
Let’s see how he comes out this season when everyone is at full strength. But as of now, not impressed in the least.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Meh. I’m not an ACC fan and watched maybe 3-4 Duke games last year and I can honestly say that if Hurt played in them, I wouldn’t know it. He scored all those points on the worst Duke team in a decade, played no defense, and looked as soft as Charmin. Sure Covid had a major impact on their record and performance, but just like the 44% from 3 I had no idea he did all that.
Let’s see how he comes out this season when everyone is at full strength. But as of now, not impressed in the least.
He's probably going to be preseason ACC POY, just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom