2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Moved up from 92 to 61 in the latest 247 rankings.
UConn still mentioned in his 247 profile but not among the three schools (Iowa, Ohio State and UCLA) he says are showing the most interest right now. He would be a great piece to add with his size, shooting ability and all around game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
dream class: justice, clingan, and filipowski

he shouldnt be hearing from anyone more than hurley can't imagine why that would be

You can't imagine that Hurley might have other targets he thinks he can get who he thinks will help him more? You need a better imagination.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
3 star on rivals ranked #117 ; 4 star ranked #39 on ESPN

On Stock risers in January; "
Which programs are heavily involved in your recruitment?

“Ohio State, Iowa, Marquette, Louisville, and UCLA are schools that are heavily involved.”

How about programs with interest?

“As far as new schools Michigan and Michigan State are constantly staying in contact with me as well showing high interest. Wake Forest has recently been in contact with me and has shown high interest too.”

Reaction Score
“As far as new schools Michigan and Michigan State are constantly staying in contact with me as well showing high interest. Wake Forest has recently been in contact with me and has shown high interest too.”
if michigan steals clingan and filip from us...

Reaction Score
Well it wouldn't be stealing considering UConn isn't even really recruiting Filipowski.
i'm assuming we will because why the heck wouldnt we, he's the best PF in new england and a stretch 4 at that. with cole and polley leaving we'll need at least 2 shooters to replace them. clingan and flloyd dont qualify so the other 2 spots need to be shooters. filip fits that role as a PF to perfection. hopefully the other is justice.

Reaction Score
i'm assuming we will because why the heck wouldnt we, he's the best PF in new england and a stretch 4 at that. once cole and polley leave we need at least 2 shooters to replace them. clingan and flloyd dont qualify so the other 2 spots need to be shooters. filip fits that role as a PF to perfection. hopefully the other is justice.

He isn't a particularly athletic person. Hurley seems to prefer a superior athlete at the 4 spot more than anywhere else.

He's a talent though. Sign me up.

Reaction Score
He isn't a particularly athletic person. Hurley seems to prefer a superior athlete at the 4 spot more than anywhere else.

yeah we need a better blend of athleticism and skill. guys like aj, martin, akok are super athletic but lacking in other important areas i.e. shooting and scoring. bouk, sanogo, samson, hawk are ideal combos of both but we need guys like filip to balance the roster out with our athletic non-shooter/scorers

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope DH doesn't get sucked into this idea of "great athletes" as being the key to championships. We need complete players.
Not to say we don't need our share of Deandre Daniels type guys, just as we had some on past teams, but to overlook someone that shoots well and knows how to play the game just because they don't have a 42 inch vertical may be a mistake.
Was Gomes a great athlete? Was Curley a great athlete? Both those guys would have won championships if they had come to UConn.

Reaction Score
I hope DH doesn't get sucked into this idea of "great athletes" as being the key to championships. We need complete players.
Not to say we don't need our share of Deandre Daniels type guys, just as we had some on past teams, but to overlook someone that shoots well and knows how to play the game just because they don't have a 42 inch vertical may be a mistake.
Was Gomes a great athlete? Was Curley a great athlete? Both those guys would have won championships if they had come to UConn.
DeAndre Daniels wasn't a "great athlete."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Know what Hurley likes more than athleticism?

Winning.

Kid brings a skill the program can use more of

Reaction Score
Know what Hurley likes more than athleticism?

Winning.

Kid brings a skill the program can use more of

I think the point is that Hurley believes the best path to winning is with a hyper-athletic shotblocker at the 4 (Akok/Johnson)

There's also the very real possibility the kid just doesn't want to go to UConn for reasons outside of the staff's control. Maybe he isn't a good personality fit. Who knows.

There's no way a kid in our backyard is being recruited less by accident.

Reaction Score
The extra enticement to both Filipowski & Karaban is that they are flat out winners who have lead their teams in big games against top competition, plus they are shooters and have IQ. If we are not pursuing them as hard as other teams I think that is unconscionable. That is like Giffey living within 100 miles and passing him up on purpose. I think both guys have at least made a positive statement about UConn which suggests the apparent low effort is a staff choice. Disappointing in my eyes if true. I don't think I've seen better 'team oriented' players 'locally' in years. They make other guys better.

Reaction Score
The extra enticement to both Filipowski & Karaban is that they are flat out winners who have lead their teams in big games against top competition, plus they are shooters and have IQ. If we are not pursuing them as hard as other teams I think that is unconscionable. That is like Giffey living within 100 miles and passing him up on purpose. I think both guys have at least made a positive statement about UConn which suggests the apparent low effort is a staff choice. Disappointing in my eyes if true. I don't think I've seen better 'team oriented' players 'locally' in years. They make other guys better.
Amen.
The question I would ask is whether the staff believes every player must be a superior athlete in spite of what other intangibles they bring. These kids (Karaban, Filipowski, etc.) are great players and are proving it in AAU and on their high school teams yet we hear nothing about them from a recruiting perspective regarding us.

Were Voshkuhl, Hamilton, El-Amin, Denham Brown, Napier, Oriakhi, Giffey, and Kromah great athletes?

Reaction Score
DeAndre Daniels wasn't a "great athlete."
So then we had no great athletes on the 2014 team other than Boatright and Olander? :rolleyes:
If that's your position, then that's even more justification for my point about recruiting great players that understand the game and are winners regardless of whether or not they're also great athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom