2022 Recruiting: - Kyle Filipowski Update | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Kyle Filipowski Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Coach K retiring have any impact here?
What comes to mind is how Scheyer will impact his recruiting.
Young guy, will relate well to recruits, driven (according to his Wikipedia profile), versatile as a player and a history of relentlessly working to get better:
-(ACC) leader in numerous statistical categories, ranging from free throw percentage and three point shots/game to assists/turnover ratio.
-He led Duke's 2010 National Championship team in points per game, assists, free throw percentage, and steals per game.
-rose to national fame in his senior year by scoring 21 points in 75 seconds of play during a one-man comeback effort in the last minute and a half of a high school game against Proviso West High School, in an effort to keep alive his team's 35-game winning streak.
-One example of his dogged pursuit of excellence is that while in high school, Scheyer refused to leave the gym one night until he made 50 consecutive free throws.[31] After finally hitting 49 in a row, he missed on his final attempt.[31] His father encouraged him to join him and go home, but – as his coach recalled – "Jon looked at him and said, 'No. I'm starting over.' Then he stayed until he made 50 in a row."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Young guy, will relate well to recruits, driven (according to his Wikipedia profile), versatile as a player and a history of relentlessly working to get better:
-(ACC) leader in numerous statistical categories, ranging from free throw percentage and three point shots/game to assists/turnover ratio.
-He led Duke's 2010 National Championship team in points per game, assists, free throw percentage, and steals per game.
-rose to national fame in his senior year by scoring 21 points in 75 seconds of play during a one-man comeback effort in the last minute and a half of a high school game against Proviso West High School, in an effort to keep alive his team's 35-game winning streak.
-One example of his dogged pursuit of excellence is that while in high school, Scheyer refused to leave the gym one night until he made 50 consecutive free throws.[31] After finally hitting 49 in a row, he missed on his final attempt.[31] His father encouraged him to join him and go home, but – as his coach recalled – "Jon looked at him and said, 'No. I'm starting over.' Then he stayed until he made 50 in a row."

Sounds real plucky

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s true. With that resume, he’s likely to have much more success recruiting than the guy before him.

Reaction Score

This looks so wrong.

1623178617782.png

Reaction Score
And Boeheim lied to the kid because they aren't winning a NC anytime soon, possibly ever again.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the view through his shirt is any indication, Boeheim REALLY likes Flip
Meh, it's cold up in Canada.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Coach Boeheim just showed me the way he’d want me to play and how much freedom there is at that position to make decisions and just have a great impact on the team where he’s planning on it being another national championship team since 2003.”

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Reaction Score
"Coach Boeheim just showed me the way he’d want me to play and how much freedom there is at that position to make decisions and just have a great impact on the team where he’s planning on it being another national championship team since 2003.”

2003 = the year before he was born

Reaction Score

Good thing for them they rented Carmelo for that one season.

Reaction Score
All I can say is that Flip dude hasn’t been on Chief’s radar screen for this summer. You can make what you want out of that.

CL82

Reaction Score
1623188758149.png

It's always good for 'cuse to go first. That way they have a brief shining moment before recruits get to see what American colleges are like.

Q: What did the visit do for your interest in Syracuse and where it stands with you?

Filipowski: "I'm still not planning on cutting my list for a while. I want to get out and see some other schools. I'm sure things are always bound to change with where schools rank on my list and stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All I can say is that Flip dude hasn’t been on Chief’s radar screen for this summer. You can make what you want out of that.
idk what constitutes your radar screen (going to see them play?) but is clingan? gotta be one or the other

Reaction Score
idk what constitutes your radar screen (going to see them play?) but is clingan? gotta be one or the other
I’m assuming he means doesn’t think he’s a realistic target/we aren’t that interested?

Reaction Score
I’m not one to analyze “Chiefspeak”, but hey, it’s a long offseason. If the staff feels good about Clingan and Karaban, and since we already have Samson Johnson, then Filipowski might not be a realistic option.

Of course, not being on Chief’s radar screen might also mean absolutely nothing.

Either way, I’ll trust this staff in terms of recruiting until they give me a reason not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom