Kwintin Williams (JUCO) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kwintin Williams (JUCO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were a good amount of Power 5 schools on this guy and we got him after offering like 2 days ago. Good sign for our future recruiting.

Reaction Score
I'd rather roll the dice and give Chill a chance to get a ready made big in 18". We already have 5 project bigs on this roster. I'm totally against tying up all our scholarships on 2 star jucos and low 3 star recruits. That sets us up to absolutely suck 2 years from now. The staff needs to go all in on 2018. We'll be fine this year, it's what comes after that really scares me.

....and 1 second after I post this he commits to UConn. Forget what I said, welcome aboard Mr. Williams!

Reaction Score
congrats to @huskycentury for hand delivering Kwintin to the staff.

On July 5th he tweeted:

Staff offered on the 7th and Kwintin committed today. I honestly don't even think the staff knew who this guy was until the tweet.

Reaction Score

On July 5th he tweeted:

Staff offered on the 7th and Kwintin committed today. I honestly don't even think the staff knew who this guy was until the tweet.

That's awesome! Props. Get this guy on the staff ;)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hopefully this kid brings a toughness that this team needs and an energy the fanbase is craving

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He should be working on his defense, rebounding, and screening. Maybe he is, but it's hard to make a highlight video of that.

That's exactly right. Nobody knows anything about this kid other than he's the best dunker we've ever had.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

What that video tells me, apart from the fact that the person who put it together likes really s****y EDM, is that he (a) is obviously extremely limited offensively but (b) can finish with either hand and (c) is unsurprisingly very bouncy and gets up 2, 3 and even 4 times in a row.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I knew we'd get at least one surprise before the season starts. Now our boneyard roster examination team can go to work and finally
Break down our 2017 team.

Reaction Score

On July 5th he tweeted:

Let's nip this BS narrative right in the bud. Last weekend Chill and Kwintin started following each other on Twitter. Not a big deal, Chillious follows absolutely everyone. Soon after, KO and Kwintin both started following each other on Instagram. He is much more selective in who he follows there. This, combined with the fact KO was out west lead me to believe this was real interest.

On the 5th, I started tweeting his highlights. Soon after, this guy tweeted the coaches about him. As if, they didn't know.

As much as some of you would like to believe the coaches are incompetent, they were very much on top of this.

Don't tweet the coaches. They don't need your help.

I am crazy excited about this guy's potential. Very much a man of mystery but his upside seems tremendous.

Reaction Score
Let's nip this BS narrative right in the bud. Last weekend Chill and Kwintin started following each other on Twitter. Not a big deal, Chillious follows absolutely everyone. Soon after, KO and Kwintin both started following each other on Instagram. He is much more selective in who he follows there. This, combined with the fact KO was out west lead me to believe this was real interest.

On the 5th, I started tweeting his highlights. Soon after, this guy tweeted the coaches about him. As if, they didn't know.

As much as some of you would like to believe the coaches are incompetent, they were very much on top of this.

I am crazy excited about this guy's potential. Very much a man of mystery but his upside seems tremendous.
Yea you guys are insane if you think a guy tweeting at the coaches about Kwintin 4 days ago led to an offer and commitment today. CGarr, not sure if you're Cue The Music on twitter but Cue The Music was the first one that I saw notice that our coaches were following him and vice versa. This was all before the other tweet above even happened.

Reaction Score
It's great that he's got freaks hops, but does anyone know if he's actually good at basketball?

Dana Altman doesn't offer ships like they're candy.

The kid needed to get his academics in order and he did so. He didn't quit and kept his eyes in the prize. Very happy to get this one over TCU, UNLV, etc.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
THANKS CGarr - great post and much needed
This staff is not incompetent -
WELCOME KWINTIN

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And here I was hoping Oz's efforts to find players for the staff were paying off.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Do we really need a 4th/5th project big? I'd rather save the scholarship personally for a ready made 2018 big.

I don't think it's likely we'll land ready-made bigs, or even semi-ready bigs. In that case, would you rather have 1 or 5 lottery tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom