Kwintin tweet | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kwintin tweet

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He didn't know how to play basketball at this level. There's a difference between what you do playing hoops with friends or at a park and what you do at a high level. Sometimes people who can play well in the chaos of, say, a park, can look good for small stretches, particularly if they're high energy. Some people liked Kwint last year. Some people like a guy or two this year who don't play. But those guys don't actually know how to play basketball at a high level (understanding rotations, off-ball stuff, ball trajectory, etc. etc. etc.), and so couldn't stay on the court for more than a few minutes.

One thing I'll say about him is he played hard. And we were so lackadaisical last year, people called his number because he was one of the few that would do so.

They ignored the fact he had two left feet/hands/eyes on the court however.

Reaction Score
One thing I'll say about him is he played hard. And we were so lackadaisical last year, people called his number because he was one of the few that would do so.

They ignored the fact he had two left feet/hands/eyes on the court however.
He doesn't have two left feet. He can see fine and his hands...well, I don't know about them. Basketball, at the level we have played at and want to play at again, is more than being able to jump, having quick feet, having nice touch on your shot. There's so much that goes into playing at a high level that's behind the scenes its crazy. UConn's best players almost all took 2-3 years to reach their potential for a reason.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He doesn't have two left feet. He can see fine and his hands...well, I don't know about them. Basketball, at the level we have played at and want to play at again, is more than being able to jump, having quick feet, having nice touch on your shot. There's so much that goes into playing at a high level that's behind the scenes its crazy. UConn's best players almost all took 2-3 years to reach their potential for a reason.

No I got you I was just being facetious. He looked like he didn't belong, for a long list of reasons.

Reaction Score
No I got you I was just being facetious. He looked like he didn't belong, for a long list of reasons.
No. I know you get it. We have people here, though, who don't. Who clamored for him to play more, and who clamor for people on the team now who get sporadic minutes to play more because in short bursts they put up some numbers and they try hard. Motor matters, but our fanbase doesn't seem to understand what it means to watch basketball anymore.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No. I know you get it. We have people here, though, who don't. Who clamored for him to play more, and who clamor for people on the team now who get sporadic minutes to play more because in short bursts they put up some numbers and they try hard. Motor matters, but our fanbase doesn't seem to understand what it means to watch basketball anymore.

Full disclosure: there were times last year where I was so disgusted at the lack of effort/urgency, that I clamored for some Kwinton, just so somebody would run around. We weren't playing well anyways.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The kid has had a chaotic life and if he comes out of this UConn experience with a degree, it’s been worth it.

He might not be ready to do anything with it now, but in one or two or five or ten years when he starts to figure things out, a degree will open doors for him.

In terms of what he is/was on a basketball court, he was probably a better volleyball player.

Reaction Score
They want him to end the semester in a good place academically, but Ollie did a good job with APR overall (with the 17-18 numbers not yet released). Their multi-year rate through 16-17 is 995.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Did they ever?

Reaction Score
I feel like as though in the years I first started reading and posting (2003-2006) I'd have been horribly embarrassed to post most of what gets put up. It's all hot takes. Those existed, I think, but they were fewer, and mostly in chats.
age of social media and click bait. apparent everywhere.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The more I think about KO's tenure at UConn the more I appreciate Napier. That guy absolutely was the only reason we won in 2014.

bruh...

hc-former-husky-ryan-boatright-signs-with-detroit-pistons-201510.jpg

Reaction Score
The kid has had a chaotic life and if he comes out of this UConn experience with a degree, it’s been worth it.

He might not be ready to do anything with it now, but in one or two or five or ten years when he starts to figure things out, a degree will open doors for him.

In terms of what he is/was on a basketball court, he was probably a better volleyball player.
His skill set and height could make him a formidable blocker, but I've seen him swing and it is damn ugly haha

Reaction Score
Let's face it. Coach KO took him sight unseen to fill the void created by the mass exit that year. He could run and jump, but for the most part, the game itself just moved much to quickly for him.
I remember many opining he needed more PT because of his effort, which did not surprise me since I live in Denver and lived through the Tim Tebow era(season or 2). All you heard on talk radio from callers was "the guy just tries so hard".

Reaction Score

It may be because some fans feel the despair of 1986 again, but this time while flailing around in a league much weaker than the OBE we dominated for about 20 years. You might call it grasping at straws.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom