Kwintin tweet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kwintin tweet

Reaction Score
His Instagram story this morning (also deleted) was of him flying back to CT to attend class. Guessing that he felt some frustration over having to do that, hence the tweets. Really not a good look by him though.
Its a long flight from the West Coast but there should be no more problems if he makes it back here.

Reaction Score
He's work with PJF, a really talented trainer. He can put his dunking skills to work and make a decent career out of it for a few years.

In the meantime, he needs to shut his mouth about this program. Dan Brocke is a better basketball player. No exaggeration.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Everything. For a guy known for his YouTube dunking he's also surprisingly unathletic on the court.

Nice guy if a bit strange, he should be hitting the books and thankful to have the opportunity at a UConn degree.
There’s a thread I think on the football board from a poster who couldn’t believe their son with a 1350 or something SAT, leader of a few school clubs, 3.8 GPA, and was waitlisted at UConn while he got accepted to other “more prestigious” schools. The fact this kid got plucked out of Alaska for his ability to dunk a basketball and doesn’t appreciate the chance to get a free degree from one of the best schools in the country is pretty nauseating.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The GPA could have been a concern but the fact he isn't good enough to play at Central should have been the real concern. If we stuck with Ollie the mass exodus would have had him scouting guys on pop-a-shots at arcades.

Well we all knew he couldn't play the issue now though is the GPA/APR if he decides to not get his stuff together.

Reaction Score
View attachment 41373

He tweeted this one earlier as well.
What is unbelievable is you are getting the chance of a life time at an amazing school and instead, appear to be showing no appreciation for this great opportunity and the many advantages being given to you. This is very disrespectful, barring further reliable information.

Reaction Score
I barely got to see him play, and I mean barely. I know he has the reputation of being very athletic, hence the acrobatic dunks, but what exactly is lacking in his game? I know we don't get to see practices, but did we ever get a chance at a fair assessment of his abilities. Some insight here would be appreciated.
He had slow feet. Kwinton just couldn't stay in front of his man. Other than dunking he really had no offensive game but that would have been ok if he could play decent D.

Reaction Score
I barely got to see him play, and I mean barely. I know he has the reputation of being very athletic, hence the acrobatic dunks, but what exactly is lacking in his game? I know we don't get to see practices, but did we ever get a chance at a fair assessment of his abilities. Some insight here would be appreciated.
He didn't know how to play basketball at this level. There's a difference between what you do playing hoops with friends or at a park and what you do at a high level. Sometimes people who can play well in the chaos of, say, a park, can look good for small stretches, particularly if they're high energy. Some people liked Kwint last year. Some people like a guy or two this year who don't play. But those guys don't actually know how to play basketball at a high level (understanding rotations, off-ball stuff, ball trajectory, etc. etc. etc.), and so couldn't stay on the court for more than a few minutes.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The one positive about having him on the team was that he helped our brand with his large social media following, doing all those dunk videos in Uconn gear/facilities. Now he can use that following against us....

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I know he has the reputation of being very athletic, hence the acrobatic dunks, but what exactly is lacking in his game?
His whole game was lacking. All effort but it was like he didn't even have a rudimentary understanding of the game.
Watched/chased the ball instead of his assignment on D.
As powerful as he looked showing off a dunk on IG or YT, when he got the ball near the basket, he usually went up weak, and probably had as many 3 foot airballs as dunks.

Reaction Score
The one positive about having him on the team was that he helped our brand with his large social media following, doing all those dunk videos in Uconn gear/facilities. Now he can use that following against us....
He’s not really relevant on social media anymore.

Reaction Score
Sometimes leaping ability gets confused for overall athleticism. It's only one aspect. He's lacking in flexibilty, dexterity, fluidity, quick twitch, footspeed, lateral agility, stop and start explosion. Combine that with his skill and awareness deficiencies and here we are.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It would be helpful for him to remember that a more cutthroat staff would have dropped him last Spring, with no scholarship and a year to go until graduation. He seems kind of impulsive with regards to social media. He’s certainly not alone in that approach. He’s not a bad guy, and I wish him well. Also, maybe he’s mad that, at some schools, players actually have to attend class to have them count.

He just seems like a bit of a loose cannon. Went to like 5 different high schools. Not faulting him per se, just not the most emotionally adjusted guy I've ever seen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah I’m surprised someone with a 1.8 GPA in high school doesn’t think like alumni message board posters.

You could confer a Masters on the kid it doesn’t matter. It’s literally a piece of paper if you can’t actually do anything.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t a recruit he was simalar to an NFL replacement player,as was DO ,and Cobb. AA was wa Typical PG recruit.
We lost;
Jackson
Enoch
Durham
MAL our top recruit
all Last minute
In addition to;
Brimah
Facey
Purvis
With the fate of
Gilbert
Larrier
Diarra
Unknown due to injury
That’s a decimation.
What was going on with Ollie? Really, WTF?

Reaction Score
I think Danny likes Kwintin and appreciated his effort.
When Sid came back he even commented that Jump was looking better in practice.
He also seemed pleased that Kwintin got to show off in the exhibition game.
College basketball is a business though, and crap happens. Sounds like he regretted the tweets.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I defiantly think the book on Williams hasn’t been cracked yet.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
He had a lot of “athleticism” but no coordination or basketball skill. No nose for rebounds which really neutralized his leaping ability. He couldn’t guard anybody and had no jump shot.
Other than that, though, what do you really think?

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
He didn't know how to play basketball at this level. There's a difference between what you do playing hoops with friends or at a park and what you do at a high level. Sometimes people who can play well in the chaos of, say, a park, can look good for small stretches, particularly if they're high energy. Some people liked Kwint last year. Some people like a guy or two this year who don't play. But those guys don't actually know how to play basketball at a high level (understanding rotations, off-ball stuff, ball trajectory, etc. etc. etc.), and so couldn't stay on the court for more than a few minutes.
You can bottle this and pour it out in a lot of recruiting threads. Athleticism alone isn’t enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom