Kwintin tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kwintin tweet

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He wasn’t a recruit he was simalar to an NFL replacement player,as was DO ,and Cobb. AA was wa Typical PG recruit.
We lost
Jackson
Enoch
Durham
MAL our top recruit
all Last minute
Inn addition to
Brimah
Facey
Purvis
With the fate of
Gilbert
Larrier
Diarra
Unknown due to injury
That a decimation

What are you talking about? Do you want me to pull up the thread, when we offered him a scholi?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yep
And they will all be sprinkled with fairy dust and a guarantee that there will be no bumps in the road
The kid was all in when Dan Hurley took over and the coach spoke highly of him as a person and a great kid to have on the team. Something happened behind the scenes - crap happens
I will bet that every program goes through issues with at least one player nearly every season - even Wagner and URI the past decade
JC had plenty in his tenure
Let's forge ahead and quit the endless finger pointing.
Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. Hurley can still think he’s a good guy and also hold him to standards that he may bristle against. It’s just coaching. And, there wasn’t much drama at all at URI and Wagner. There was one player, that he inherited from the previous coach, in Hurley’s second year that was dismissed, but that’s really it. That doesn’t mean everything will be smooth, but moving forward, guys will be recruited into the current staff’s standards and expectations, which may be better, worse, or just different than the previous staff’s. That’s the normalcy of change.

I'd be willing to wager what happened behind the scenes was he was held accountable for the first time in a long time. I think it's reasonable Hurley came in with a set of expectations both on and off the court for Williams and held Williams' playing time up as a carrot for Williams.

Reaction Score
Yep
And they will all be sprinkled with fairy dust and a guarantee that there will be no bumps in the road
The kid was all in when Dan Hurley took over and the coach spoke highly of him as a person and a great kid to have on the team. Something happened behind the scenes - crap happens
I will bet that every program goes through issues with at least one player nearly every season - even Wagner and URI the past decade
JC had plenty in his tenure
Let's forge ahead and quit the endless finger pointing.
" Something happened behind the scenes"
His inability to guard anyone happened. Lack of PT happened.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This thread is a bummer. I felt absolutely certain that Kwintin was going to get increased minutes next year. What a letdown.

Reaction Score
Anybody can write a book. Try getting it published. Of course you can self publish( costs $$$$), but with no distibution you had better have a large storage space.
Might be an ebook. Just enter your email address and he’ll send you a copy.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Ollie scouted off youtube? What the heck.

"His recruitment was all over the board. But he wanted to play at the highest level, and believed he was a high-major player. UConn wasn't even in the picture; I just know Kwintin called me and said, 'I received a call from Kevin Ollie today.' And I was almost in shock."
Ollie, who had watched him in prep school and studied some video, called Williams, who had never been east of Oklahoma, offered a scholarship and convinced him to come to UConn.
[UConn Men] Rewind: UConn men vs. Houston in AAC quarterfinals »
"Ultimately, the decision was made for me by Kevin Ollie," Williams said. "I really believed in him. When he told me his playing type, his program, I stuck with it. No visit, I came on faith, and I don't regret anything."

Meet The Newcomers: In Kwintin Williams, UConn Has A Man Who Doesn't Give Up

Looking at this article again, we should have seen this coming, he had a 1.8 GPA in high school...he better not screw up our APR.

Reaction Score
He’s definitely bleeping up our APR. Chief always said it’s off the court issues and this would make sense.

Everyone with half a brain said it was off the court issues. It's obvious. Don't give Chief any more reason to keep Chiefin'

Reaction Score
Forget about Kwinton, he is too far gone. UCONN can take the hit from academics point of view if it is only him. He was very popular and a good teammate. There is no point in trashing him or Ollie for that matter. He did not think that he was treated unfairly by the current staff. I am more concern about 1-2 others that r still here

Reaction Score
"His recruitment was all over the board. But he wanted to play at the highest level, and believed he was a high-major player. UConn wasn't even in the picture; I just know Kwintin called me and said, 'I received a call from Kevin Ollie today.' And I was almost in shock."
Ollie, who had watched him in prep school and studied some video, called Williams, who had never been east of Oklahoma, offered a scholarship and convinced him to come to UConn.
[UConn Men] Rewind: UConn men vs. Houston in AAC quarterfinals »
"Ultimately, the decision was made for me by Kevin Ollie," Williams said. "I really believed in him. When he told me his playing type, his program, I stuck with it. No visit, I came on faith, and I don't regret anything."

Meet The Newcomers: In Kwintin Williams, UConn Has A Man Who Doesn't Give Up

Looking at this article again, we should have seen this coming, he had a 1.8 GPA in high school...he better not screw up our APR.
The GPA could have been a concern but the fact he isn't good enough to play at Central should have been the real concern. If we stuck with Ollie the mass exodus would have had him scouting guys on pop-a-shots at arcades.

Reaction Score
Forget about Kwinton, he is too far gone. UCONN can take the hit from academics point of view if it is only him. He was very popular and a good teammate. There is no point in trashing him or Ollie for that matter. He did not think that he was treated unfairly by the current staff. I am more concern about 1-2 others that r still here
When you do this trolling act it's probably best you don't tell everyone you're a St. John's fan first.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
His Instagram story this morning (also deleted) was of him flying back to CT to attend class. Guessing that he felt some frustration over having to do that, hence the tweets. Really not a good look by him though.
He wasn't flying back cuz he was deposed?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I barely got to see him play, and I mean barely. I know he has the reputation of being very athletic, hence the acrobatic dunks, but what exactly is lacking in his game? I know we don't get to see practices, but did we ever get a chance at a fair assessment of his abilities. Some insight here would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
When you do this trolling act it's probably best you don't tell everyone you're a St. John's fan first.
if u do some investigation. U know the info is accuratre, I am not trolling on this. I wrote about academics yesterday before this Kwinton twitter came to surface.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I barely got to see him play, and I mean barely. I know he has the reputation of being very athletic, hence the acrobatic dunks, but what exactly is lacking in his game? I know we don't get to see practices, but did we ever get a chance at a fair assessment of his abilities. Some insight here would be appreciated.
Everything. For a guy known for his YouTube dunking he's also surprisingly unathletic on the court.

Nice guy if a bit strange, he should be hitting the books and thankful to have the opportunity at a UConn degree.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He had a lot of “athleticism” but no coordination or basketball skill. No nose for rebounds which really neutralized his leaping ability. He couldn’t guard anybody and had no jump shot.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
He had a lot of “athleticism” but no coordination or basketball skill. No nose for rebounds which really neutralized his leaping ability. He couldn’t guard anybody and had no jump shot.
Thanks for the insight and the same to superjohn as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom