Kristy Wallace Injury | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kristy Wallace Injury

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I mentioned it in the game thread.

Kinda ironic from Kim given this shot she took at Texas and, presumably, Rellah Booth after the Feb 19 Texas game:

"These kids don't come to Baylor to win games, they come to win championships. They don't run their mouths about how many championships they're going to win, they just go out and play hard. The most enjoyable part of all is that these kids like each other, they have great team chemistry. I don't have to suspend or bench them."

Well, I guess you do. Typical Mulkey.
Not surprising. Mulkey is the ultimate hypocrite.

Reaction Score
There are coaches who have great resumes, but they are pukes. Mostly in the men's game. She's not my cup of tea and I do not think much of her player development or in game coaching skills, but that is a whole 'nuther discussion.

It's fair for you to have that opinion on the 2nd highest win percentage coach that is active.

Reaction Score
I think Wallace is a great kid, and I'm sick about the fate that has befallen her. I'd love to see her back to form for the NCAA tourney. Having said that, since this, inexplicably, has become a thread about Kim, I have trouble understanding what provokes all the animus against her. In the world of athletics, most of the featured players are hopelessly bland, and they give voice to such an interminable and stultifying train of cliches that they can induce sleep in the most confirmed insomniac. I have a son who can do a hilarious "shtick" on coaches' cliches that goes on for a good thirty minutes that drags them out ad nauseum. Kim, on the other hand, is endlessly entertaining, and she happens to be a helluva coach. Even my wife, whose knowledge of, and whose affinity for, sports hovers perpetually around the zero level will sit down to watch Kim, her antics, her clothing, and her footwear in particular. We need "characters" in sports to break the monotony. If they can do that and if they happen also to be pretty damn good at what they do, well, shouldn't we applaud that?

Reaction Score
Personally, I think it is bad " karma " to be discussing the injury of another team's key player on this forum.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I have trouble understanding what provokes all the animus against her.?

This didn't really endear her to me. But mostly I have the same irritation with her as I do other overly demonstrative coaches. Obviously, she is one heck of a coach.

upload_2018-3-1_9-27-44.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This didn't really endear her to me. But mostly I have the same irritation with her as I do other overly demonstrative coaches. Obviously, she is one heck of a coach.

View attachment 29022

Same. That, and the allegations made by Griner about Mulkey keeping her closeted, and Emily Niemann's negative experience there being gay didn't leave me feeling all that good about Kim.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Same. That, and the allegations made by Griner about Mulkey keeping her closeted, and Emily Niemann's negative experience there being gay didn't leave me feeling all that good about Kim.
I am not in any way defending Mulkey but I think the reason she "kept" Griner closeted was because of the school's claim of being "A top Texas Christian University", thus it was probably the school doing the "keeping". And we know what this top Texas Christian University thinks of sexual assault and violence against women...

Now back to Kristy Wallace's injury....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I am not in any way defending Mulkey but I think the reason she "kept" Griner closeted was because of the school's claim of being "A top Texas Christian University", thus it was probably the school doing the "keeping". And we know what this top Texas Christian University thinks of sexual assault and violence against women...

Now back to Kristy Wallace's injury....

"Former Baylor women's basketball star Brittney Griner says that Kim Mulkey, her college head coach, told players not to be open publicly about their sexuality because it would hurt recruiting and look bad for the program."

Griner: Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
"Former Baylor women's basketball star Brittney Griner says that Kim Mulkey, her college head coach, told players not to be open publicly about their sexuality because it would hurt recruiting and look bad for the program."

I stand corrected.
Not sure how it would hurt recruiting tho...but that's an entirely different subject and has nothing to do with the OT.

Reaction Score

The entire University used to have a policy against it. Being a Baptist College. However, it has since been lifted. Softball players had to stay quiet as well. Texas is still very conservative and so is Waco. Wasn't just a Mulkey thing it was a campus wide thing. Thank fully it has all been lifted within the last few years.

Reaction Score
The entire University used to have a policy against it. Being a Baptist College. However, it has since been lifted. Softball players had to stay quiet as well. Texas is still very conservative and so is Waco. Wasn't just a Mulkey thing it was a campus wide thing. Thank fully it has all been lifted within the last few years.

Mainly the small rural towns and areas. The larger Cities Austin, Dallas, Houston, etc are a lot more progressive.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Mulkey was suppose to have media availability yesterday at which she anticipated having a report on Wallace's condition. I see nothing in the news about such availability or Wallace. They surely know her status now. I anticipated something like this because it's Mulkey. Maybe she can give something cryptic to Voepel and then refer everybody to that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mulkey was suppose to have media availability yesterday at which she anticipated having a report on Wallace's condition. I see nothing in the news about such availability or Wallace. They surely know her status now. I anticipated something like this because it's Mulkey. Maybe she can give something cryptic to Voepel and then refer everybody to that.
I believe the media availability was scheduled for sometime today.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can't say I blame Kim. The selection committee is able to take known injuries into account for seeding purposes. If ND or Louisville don't make it to ACC tournament final a healthy Baylor (or one that has the potential of Wallace returning) could be the 4th #1 seed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"She's being evaluated today, and we will address any updates at our next media availability, which will likely be Thursday," a Baylor spokesperson said. "We will have all the info by then." So there is another report saying Friday? Baylor's Wallace being examined, status up in air
I bet her status ends up being day to day until the seeding are announced.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I bet her status ends up being day to day until the seeding are announced.
That would be standard protocol if the Lady Bears didn't have the conference tournament ahead of them. But it will be difficult for Kim to avoid providing more detailed information when she's pressed by reporters after every game during the Big12 tournament, assuming that Wallace does not play in that tournament.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That would be standard protocol if the Lady Bears didn't have the conference tournament ahead of them. But it will be difficult for Kim to avoid providing more detailed information when she's pressed by reporters after every game during the Big12 tournament, assuming that Wallace does not play in that tournament.
Why? South Carolina plays in SEC tournament tomorrow night (likely against TN) per Dawn A'ja status still unknown. I recognize game when I see it but I also recognize "gamesmanship".

Reaction Score
Why do college coaches have to reveal the medical condition of their players? They don't reveal what type of defense they're going to play or even who's starting. It isn't professional baseball (starting pitchers) or football (injury report) where all that matters is the gambling line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom