Kofi is (unfortunately) a beast | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi is (unfortunately) a beast

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He would've exhausted his eligibility here last year barring a medical redshirt etc. And I'm not salty at all I was very happy to see him go. I'm also very happy that we have Carlton who is a true Husky and got the opportunity the last two years to play a lot and develop into a very solid center. I'm just sick of the whole Ollie bashing narrative and the wishing we had scrubs who transferred. Ollie is gone and it's Hurley's team now. Hurley and everyone else needs to stop talking about the past and concentrate on the present and future because

Can't know where you are going without knowing where you've been. Only way to talk about progress is to compare to the past. That's day 1 stuff.

"Ollie's Guys" looked pretty damn good on Sunday.

Relative to their past selves yes. Thankfully hurley has ahold of them.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Also, this will be a bit harsh, but it says a lot about someone and their gratitude when they choose $ over a solid relationship built over time. We can absolutely do without someone like that when it comes to the mature and respectful culture that Hurley is trying to implement.

Oh whatever. If I'm a top recruit I'm grabbing cash too. Never know what's going to happen in the future so get those dollars when you can.

And not for nothing but I believe Illinois was recruiting him the longest and had a very solid relationship with the kid.

Reaction Score
Can't know where you are going without knowing where you've been. Only way to talk about progress is to compare to the past. That's day 1 stuff.

Relative to their past selves yes. Thankfully hurley has ahold of them.

So when they play bad it's because of Ollie but when they play good it's because of Hurley right?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So when they play bad it's because of Ollie but when they play good it's because of Hurley right?

When they exhibit some of the exact same habits they have for years, you know where it came from. When they exhibit new habits, you know where it comes from. Bad habits are very hard to break.

If they are playing in a new way, and still playing poorly, you blame that on Hurley. Offensive scuffling has partially been on him.

Reaction Score
If you had Kofi's talent and opportunity you wouldn't do the same?

At that age I'd had prob pi**ed away any scholarship opportunities already. Lol. But that doesn't negate the point I made. The guys we are getting into our program value their relationship with Hurley greatly, which is most important to our success.

Reaction Score
When they exhibit some of the exact same habits they have for years, you know where it came from. When they exhibit new habits, you know where it comes from. Bad habits are very hard to break.

If they are playing in a new way, and still playing poorly, you blame that on Hurley. Offensive scuffling has partially been on him.

It's all on Hurley now the winning, the losing, the offensive and defensive issues, the old habits, etc. He's the head coach getting paid millions of dollars the buck stops with him. It's his job to coach the team and fix any bad habits that exist. Ollie is long gone time to move on.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
It's all on Hurley now the winning, the losing, the offensive and defensive issues, the old habits, etc. He's the head coach getting paid millions of dollars the buck stops with him. It's his job to coach the team and fix any bad habits that exist. Ollie is long gone time to move on.

Can move on in two years !

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's certainly all on Hurley to fix. But he also definitely didn't create the circumstance either.

As far a habits go, you can instill some in a season. But unlearning bad habits can take 2 or more. Especially those that were well ingrained.

And the culture of losing is included in that.

Reaction Score
WRONG. BAD TAKE. We should all miss him, would be a great addition to the squad. Just cause you're salty doesn't make him not a HUSKY. He was a Freshman and Ollie's fault he was put in situations he wasn't ready for for many reasons.

JUST A SAD SALTY TAKE.
Salty? Just curious. You from Chicago?

Reaction Score
Even Seth Greenburg mentioned that it takes a few recruiting cycles to really change a program into "YOUR" program with YOUR culture. You got to have a little bit of a buffer period as a fan. But ultimately, you are correct in terms of where his mentality should be.

Reaction Score
It's certainly all on Hurley to fix. But he also definitely didn't create the circumstance either.

As far a habits go, you can instill some in a season. But unlearning bad habits can take 2 or more. Especially those that were well ingrained.

And the culture of losing is included in that.

Stop right there because everything else is bs. He was brought in to do just that and to ultimately win. There's enough talent here to win especially in the American. There's no excuse for losing as long as everyone stays healthy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
WRONG. BAD TAKE. We should all miss him, would be a great addition to the squad. Just cause you're salty doesn't make him not a HUSKY. He was a Freshman and Ollie's fault he was put in situations he wasn't ready for for many reasons.

JUST A SAD SALTY TAKE.

You seem Not Mad

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Stop right there because everything else is bs. He was brought in to do just that and to ultimately win. There's enough talent here to win especially in the American. There's no excuse for losing as long as everyone stays healthy.

lmao If that's all BS, then you know nothing about human development. This is all boiler plate stuff. Any personinvolved in development of any kind (especially sports) knows how hard it is to shake bad habits

Reaction Score
lmao If that's all BS, then you know nothing about human development. This is all boiler plate stuff. Any personinvolved in development of any kind (especially sports) knows how hard it is to shake bad habits

Oh you're a human development expert now. This is high level collegiate sports. Hurley's getting paid big money to win like Ollie and Calhoun before him. Ofcourse UConn is gonna give him 2-3 years grace period but he can win with this team now so no more excuses.

Reaction Score
We did The Grind all out for him - I don’t know what more we could have done within NCAA rules. I will leave it there. Time for people to move on to the dudes who want to be here.

All hail the Chief

Reaction Score
Bad take on Illinois bball. In the last 25 years (1994) they’ve been to the tourney 15 times with 2 elite 8s and a final four and national champion appearance. Not a blue blood by any means but also not one of the worst power 5 programs either.

Yeah sure. That’s why he chose one of the worst schools (basketball wise) in the power 5 in last 25 years in the middle of the Midwest far away from his home. Yes. Makes complete sense. U funny. Hope he kills it fir the illini- ya ok. Still was of the biggest head scratchers recruiting wise in recent memory. I cud see if he didn’t choose us , but Illinois? Really kofi? What a joke

Reaction Score
Again: That "scrub" is averaging 12p/10r/2blocks for the #2 team in the country.

Yes, and thankfully most of our players have shown significant improvement under Hurley. Just as Encoh has in Louisville with proper coaching.

Of course he is he's a freakin man now, what 23 years old? Let's not make a 12/10 and crappy defender one of the best Huskies ever. Actually he didn't play under Ollie because he was dreadful on D and even year 2 couldn't finish near the hoop. He is where he is because he felt he deserved more minutes and he was wrong. He played under a really good coach rated higher than DH for now I'm sure and still looked lost on D last year. I mean his average was ok but heck he was in year 4. Root for him all you want he left our team to go to a stripper university. Like someone else said do not wish the CT kid ill will but hope they fall flat this year eventually. Maybe a mid year penalty will teach him to stay home. Sorry no thanks always like the guys who stay here, he's Mumu to me!

EDIT: I don't at all declare it wrong to root for the CT kid, in many ways I don't blame people. For me it's not possible that's all. And the improvement is based on maturity also which needs to be added here as well as what's already been noted on his D which has not improved at Louisville under their coaching.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even Seth Greenburg mentioned that it takes a few recruiting cycles to really change a program into "YOUR" program with YOUR culture. You got to have a little bit of a buffer period as a fan. But ultimately, you are correct in terms of where his mentality should be.

Exactly. This is why Ollie saw early success. Calhouns players and Calhouns coaching staff.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Oh you're a human development expert now. This is high level collegiate sports. Hurley's getting paid big money to win like Ollie and Calhoun before him. Ofcourse UConn is gonna give him 2-3 years grace period but he can win with this team now so no more excuses.

LOL. Yeah, I mean ask any teacher or coach in a competitive element and they'll tell you the same thing. It's not a secret. It's not rocket science. It's simply how neuro (even moreso for neuromuscular) pathways work. But by all means, keep on flexing.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah, I mean ask any teacher or coach in a competitive element and they'll tell you the same thing. It's not a secret. It's not rocket science. It's simply how neuro (even moreso for neuromuscular) pathways work. But by all means, keep on flexing.

Flexing? You came at me. I'm not gonna back down because you've been on the BY longer and are one of the resident know-it-alls. For whatever reason you want to give Hurley an out if he loses with this team. I'm in the camp that feels he can and should win with this group.

Reaction Score
Yeah sure. That’s why he chose one of the worst schools (basketball wise) in the power 5 in last 25 years in the middle of the Midwest far away from his home. Yes. Makes complete sense. U funny. Hope he kills it fir the illini- ya ok. Still was of the biggest head scratchers recruiting wise in recent memory. I cud see if he didn’t choose us , but Illinois? Really kofi? What a joke
While im not as bitter as you lol I have to agree. Kofi going to Illinois was a real huh?!:confused:wtf?! moment when I heard. Not because I thought he was coming here but because where he ended up going. Really bro? Illinois? Lets just say I would not be at all surprised if we see some NCAA punishment handed to the program in the near future.

Reaction Score
Bad take on Illinois bball. In the last 25 years (1994) they’ve been to the tourney 15 times with 2 elite 8s and a final four and national champion appearance. Not a blue blood by any means but also not one of the worst power 5 programs either.
I disagree. Besides that one run that had in 05 with deron Williams and Kiwane garris, they have done nothing since then. Maybe a few tourneys last 10 years. I’m just going off top of my head b-ball knowledge but I’m going to assume most of those good stats u threw out happened between 94 and 05. Illinois is not good. And haven’t been good in years. At best , they are viewed as a middle of the conference pack , once every 3-4 years , tourney team. At best.

Reaction Score
I personally like the grind too! Kofi will get ground up by the National Coffee Athletic Association after he's in the NBA for their always too late purposeful uncovering of nefarious Universities activities. Everyone here with a keen eye can see Hurley has drastically coached up the current players and will continue to do so once he gets his type of players here. Personally can't wait to have a team of the "longer" prototype players that will be a nightmare on defense as well as offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom