Kofi is (unfortunately) a beast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi is (unfortunately) a beast

Reaction Score
More bummed about Enoch averaging 12p/10r/2blocks for the #2 team in the country tbh.

I'm 1000% rooting for him, by the way. He was a true blue Husky and would've stayed here and thrived under basically any circumstances other than the ones Ollie created.

Enoch sucked when he was here. He was lost and a step behind the action every time he was in the game. That wasn't Ollie's fault. He's not a true Husky at all he never did anything here nor won anything. He transferred and spent a year getting bigger, stronger and working on his game. I watched him a little bit last year and he looked like the same guy especially against good competition. I don't wish the kid bad at all but no one should be bummed he didn't stay here as it also gave Carlton the opportunity to develop.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Enoch sucked when he was here. He was lost and a step behind the action every time he was in the game. That wasn't Ollie's fault. He's not a true Husky at all he never did anything here nor won anything. He transferred and spent a year getting bigger, stronger and working on his game. I watched him a little bit last year and he looked like the same guy especially against good competition. I don't wish the kid bad at all but no one should be bummed he didn't stay here as it also gave Carlton the opportunity to develop.

WRONG. BAD TAKE. We should all miss him, would be a great addition to the squad. Just cause you're salty doesn't make him not a HUSKY. He was a Freshman and Ollie's fault he was put in situations he wasn't ready for for many reasons.

JUST A SAD SALTY TAKE.

Reaction Score
Not sure why it won't embed here, but here are some highlights of Kofi's 15 pt 14 reb game against Hawaii.

EDIT: it's because it is autocorrecting the underscore in the link to duck :rolleyes:
View attachment 48256

Weakside help d looked fine, but pick and roll D was quite bad. Overall Illinois paint D has been poor and he hasn't been a game changer there. Offensive rebounding monster.

Can't hit free throws and turns the ball over a decent amount. Net negative impact so far as a freshman (sub 100 ORTG).

Will be a great player if he stays, but we're not missing him this year much. Him and Carlton are quite similar at this point in each of their respective careers.

Reaction Score
WRONG. BAD TAKE. We should all miss him, would be a great addition to the squad. Just cause you're salty doesn't make him not a HUSKY. He was a Freshman and Ollie's fault he was put in situations he wasn't ready for for many reasons.

JUST A SAD SALTY TAKE.

He would've exhausted his eligibility here last year barring a medical redshirt etc. And I'm not salty at all I was very happy to see him go. I'm also very happy that we have Carlton who is a true Husky and got the opportunity the last two years to play a lot and develop into a very solid center. I'm just sick of the whole Ollie bashing narrative and the wishing we had scrubs who transferred. Ollie is gone and it's Hurley's team now. Hurley and everyone else needs to stop talking about the past and concentrate on the present and future because "Ollie's Guys" looked pretty damn good on Sunday.

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm just sick of the whole Ollie bashing narrative and the wishing we had scrubs who transferred.
Again: That "scrub" is averaging 12p/10r/2blocks for the #2 team in the country.

Ollie is gone and it's Hurley's team now.
Yes, and thankfully most of our players have shown significant improvement under Hurley. Just as Encoh has in Louisville with proper coaching.

C

Chief00

JUST A SAD SALTY TAKE.
He didn’t have good position coaching either.

Reaction Score
Also, this will be a bit harsh, but it says a lot about someone and their gratitude when they choose $ over a solid relationship built over time. We can absolutely do without someone like that when it comes to the mature and respectful culture that Hurley is trying to implement.

Reaction Score
Again: That "scrub" is averaging 12p/10r/2blocks for the #2 team in the country.

Yes, and thankfully most of our players have shown significant improvement under Hurley. Just as Encoh has in Louisville with proper coaching.

He was a scrub when he was here and our center is averaging 13.3/8.3/1 so what's your point? Louisville beat an unranked Miami team in the first game of the season while we just beat the #16 ranked team on Sunday. Gilbert, Vital, Polley and Carlton all had time under Ollie. If we're gonna bash Ollie when they play bad then you have to praise him when they play well it's not they played well only because of Hurley.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
He was a scrub when he was here and our center is averaging 13.3/8.3/1 so what's your point? Louisville beat an unranked Miami team in the first game of the year while we just beat the #16 ranked team on Sunday. Gilbert, Vital, Polley and Carlton all had time under Ollie. If we're gonna bash Ollie when they play bad then you have to praise him when they play well it's not they played well only because of Hurley.
Yeah, let's praise Ollie for the fact that kids he didn't develop at all are now playing better and more efficiently under a new coach.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was thrilled when Drummond enrolled. Oriakhi (& dad) perhaps not so much.
2011-12 season wasn't much fun.

Yes, I take a look at how lost recruits and former players do elsewhere, but it's not longing and I don't stare.

Reaction Score
Yeah, let's praise Ollie for the fact that kids he didn't develop at all are now playing better and more efficiently under a new coach.
My point is that if you're going to bash him when they play bad then you need to praise him when they play good. If not, then put it all on Hurley and enough with the Ollie bashing narrative.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
My point is that if you're going to bash him when they play bad then you need to praise him when they play good. If not, then put it all on Hurley and enough with the Ollie bashing narrative.
I will not be praising Ollie about the current state of the program, and I don't think many others will either. Sorry to break it to you. He deserves to be bashed until Hurley brings us back and then it can stop.

Reaction Score
I will not be praising Ollie about the current state of the program, and I don't think many others will either. Sorry to break it to you. He deserves to be bashed until Hurley brings us back and then it can stop.

I won't be praising him either you missed the point Mr. Future Esquire Phd. But I certainly won't be bashing him he did enough good here and the guys he left behind are fun to watch and easy to root for.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Idk how much “coaching” contributed to that infamous “defend your opponent with your back to him” moment we saw against I think Memphis lol, the kid really just didn’t know which way was up during his time here. Don’t hate the kid, glad he’s doing well for himself

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I won't be praising him either you missed the point Mr. Future Esquire Phd. But I certainly won't be bashing him either he did not enough good here and the guys he left behind are fun to watch and easy to root for.
I have absolutely no idea what the last sentence is supposed to mean. "Either he did not enough good here" (....) and either what? You said either, and then used and. I love our guys but can still bash Ollie. On that note I'm gonna retreat to my library carrel and study some torts.

Reaction Score
It was Hawaii. What did he do against Zona? 9pts and they lost by 20. He had a good game, but don't anoint the guy just yet. Illinois plays the Citadel, Hampton and Lindenwood before they start playing real teams. Lets see if the guy is a game changer when they play Maryland

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Maybe Penny thought they were playing the real Illinois and that’s why he played Wiseman?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Idk how much “coaching” contributed to that infamous “defend your opponent with your back to him” moment we saw against I think Memphis lol

the jets have the "butt fumble"

Enoch has the "butt guard"

why are all my sports teams comically inept?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Also, this will be a bit harsh, but it says a lot about someone and their gratitude when they choose $ over a solid relationship built over time.

If you had Kofi's talent and opportunity you wouldn't do the same?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom