Kofi is (unfortunately) a beast | The Boneyard

Kofi is (unfortunately) a beast

Reaction Score
I tend to check in on recruits that turned as down and see what we missed out on (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Looks like Kofi has lived up to the hype with 14.3 pts and 11.5 rebs a game. Has anyone caught any U of I games and seen how he looks?

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I tend to check in on recruits that turned as down and see what we missed out on (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Looks like Kofi has lived up to the hype with 14.3 pts and 11.5 rebs a game. Has anyone caught any U of I games and seen how he looks?
Watched them play Hawaii last night. He was unstoppable when given the ball in the post. Looked like a man among boys

Reaction Score
Watched them play Hawaii last night. He was unstoppable when given the ball in the post. Looked like a man among boys
If he was on our roster would he start over Carlton?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That's funny, of course. 100% yes him over Carlton.

I don’t doubt him being better offensively.

but Carltons d is his best attribute. How did Kofi look on that end of the floor?

Reaction Score
That's funny, of course. 100% yes him over Carlton.
See, I imagine that in a world were Kofi made the right decision that he would probably be backing up Josh right now. I doubt that Hurley would drop Carlton to the bench for a freshman after the development we saw from him last year. One thing is for sure, we would have two large individuals holding down the 5 if he had come here.

Reaction Score
We did The Grind all out for him - I don’t know what more we could have done within NCAA rules. I will leave it there. Time for people to move on to the dudes who want to be here.

I agree Chief. As thrilling as it is to read daily posts about Kofi, I feel good about what we have. The Carlton/Whaley tandem outplayed Florida's frontcourt over the full 40 on Sunday. I think they're going to have a solid year. We're going to be better in the post than we have been in quite awhile.

Reaction Score
Can't blame him for choosing Illinois, a rising school in a good conference where he is an undisputed #1 center option and a good cast led by Ayo and Bezhanishvili.

I wish Kofi nothing but the best.
And his pockets got fatter.

Reaction Score
You guys are so salty. Tons of schools pay money, and we don’t even have confirmation. We got beat out

Reaction Score
Not sure why it won't embed here, but here are some highlights of Kofi's 15 pt 14 reb game against Hawaii.

EDIT: it's because it is autocorrecting the underscore in the link to duck :rolleyes:
1574181022987.png

Reaction Score
This one is not worth thinking about for me. He went elsewhere - it is what it is. Carlton should be a quality starting center in the AAC and I really like rooting for him. I'm also glad Whaley is getting a shot.

Real happy we got our guy for next year (Javonte Brown Ferguson). Looking forward to seeing what Springs can do too.

EDIT: interesting that typing Javonte Brown Ferguson's initials autocorrects to his full name. Never noticed that before.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't blame him for choosing Illinois, a rising school in a good conference where he is an undisputed #1 center option and a good cast led by Ayo and Bezhanishvili.

I wish Kofi nothing but the best.
Yeah sure. That’s why he chose one of the worst schools (basketball wise) in the power 5 in last 25 years in the middle of the Midwest far away from his home. Yes. Makes complete sense. U funny. Hope he kills it fir the illini- ya ok. Still was of the biggest head scratchers recruiting wise in recent memory. I cud see if he didn’t choose us , but Illinois? Really kofi? What a joke

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
More bummed about Enoch averaging 12p/10r/2blocks for the #2 team in the country tbh.

I'm 1000% rooting for him, by the way. He was a true blue Husky and would've stayed here and thrived under basically any circumstances other than the ones Ollie created.

Reaction Score
We prob don't get Javonte Brown Ferguson if we have Kofi. While Kofi is a beast, looking at length wingspan, body type, athleticism, Javonte Brown Ferguson might actually be better for us long term and a better overall NBA prospect as well.

And I'm not just saying that bc we didn't get him. That's my opinion and classically we have done very well with tall ,lanky, shot blocking centers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom