Kofi having second thoughts? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi having second thoughts?

Reaction Score
I don't like seeing the waters muddied like this, don't want to see Kofi's possible 2nd thoughts interfere with our decisiveness on the recruiting trail at this later date. We've been waiting, I'm sure putting people on hold, time to pull the trigger on a big man if we can. Don't want to miss on Mitchell, Wahab, or another possible player.

Reaction Score
Regrets is a long way from getting us what we need and what we need is a big man to ignite our class and program for next year. This is the most important recruiting piece in the history of the program because of the circumstances, a turning point. I think that KO is gone because he could not get this done in part missing out on his bigs and he went all out to get them like Diamond Stone. Of course there were other factors, but winning placates. Donyell was also a turning point but we were already in a great conference.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is in the Big10 too.
Nothing against Pikiell who's a great coach, but if it's between playing for a former UConn bench player and joining Hurley and Tom Moore's 2019 class, I would think UConn has the edge. Also considering that Precious is down to St John's and UConn. Could the stars be lining up for an incredible class? Does JC still have his office down the hall from Benedict?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The perfect case scenario, really dream scenario because right now it is just imaginative, is Kofi keeps it semi open and we sign Wahab. Kofi fears not Wahab and signs with the good guys. That naturally causes current roster turnover. This opens a spot for Precious in the spring as he sees himself joining a national program and making this a win now top 5 class.

Wake me when it is over.

C

Chief00

Nothing against Pikiell who's a great coach, but if it's between playing for a former UConn bench player and joining Hurley and Tom Moore's 2019 class, I would think UConn has the edge. Also considering that Precious is down to St John's and UConn. Could the stars be lining up for an incredible class? Does JC still have his office down the hall from Benedict?

Please don’t misunderstand. My Rutgers comments was a throw away line to indicate that for some schools the Big10 doesn’t really do much for. It was not meant to indicate Rutgers involvement with any recruit.

Reaction Score
Hearing from Chief’s NY sources that Kofi is having second thoughts. Don’t know magnitude of regrets yet but wishes he took more time. We will see how this plays out.
UConn, I assume would welcome him (back) with open arms.

Exactly who are your NY sources?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Chief,

I've been a harsh critic. I mean I really hate your guts.

If this happens I will do a 180 and sing your praises.
I have always seen you as a Husky bonfire of positivity. Just now seeing that you are a damned chater? I am rattled.

Really rattled. Sad.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A day without Chief is a day wasted

Lately I have been a bit down at work. My confidence has taken a hit and the enthusiasm has been missing. Not making this up. Not lying. It's true. I kid people by saying it's mid-winter blues but I know it's deeper than that, tho.

Well, this past Wednesday the boss man waved me to his office. Didn't even say anything, just made a motion.

Boss: "What's going on. I'm getting a bit frustrated. What the hell have you been doing?"

Dove: [closes eyes. takes a leap of faith] 'Just chiefin'. Things will be okay."

Boss: [beaming] "Excellent. I was getting worried. I've always liked you."

I walked out of his office thinking "Chiefin'?!?". Why didn't I think of this before?

C

Chief00

Lately I have been a bit down at work. My confidence has taken a hit and the enthusiasm has been missing. Not making this up. Not lying. It's true. I kid people by saying it's mid-winter blues but I know it's deeper than that, tho.

Well, this past Wednesday the boss man waved me to his office. Didn't even say anything, just made a motion.

Boss: "What's going on. I'm getting a bit frustrated. What the hell have you been doing?"

Dove: [closes eyes. takes a leap of faith] 'Just chiefin'. Things will be okay."

Boss: [beaming] "Excellent. I was getting worried. I've always liked you."

I walked out of his office thinking "Chiefin'?!?". Why didn't I think of this before?

Great story. Sometimes words just come out and they become appropriate.

pj

Reaction Score
Right? I didn't even think of another response.

Chiefin'. It's a way of life. A lifestyle.

Keep doing the grind Dove!

Reaction Score
I don't like seeing the waters muddied like this, don't want to see Kofi's possible 2nd thoughts interfere with our decisiveness on the recruiting trail at this later date. We've been waiting, I'm sure putting people on hold, time to pull the trigger on a big man if we can. Don't want to miss on Mitchell, Wahab, or another possible player.
I would assume he is welcome with open arms but not the top priority anymore as we weren’t his. Can’t look that fickle and dismissive on other targets who haven’t signed although it looks like waiting has already caused some other schools to get a jump on us. He would still be the prize and the last and most important cog to have in order to get prescious. IMO. I think a class of AA KC and SW Tyler Phommachanh here already would make PA very interested. That would be the single greatest recruiting class for position we ever had. A whole new front line with 3 potential 1st rounders each leaving one year after the other. The beauty would be the interest of small forwards wanting PA spot the following year to play with all he’d guys a year older. It can be soooo key to turnaround Calhoun couldn’t have seen and clearly one of the greatest recruiting jobs the sport has ever seen in a first year.

Reaction Score
Clearly a bad start to his weekend and just taking it out on random ppl, just ignore! BY has that small segment who just like to toss around insults and nothing more!

UConn might like the news IF true but can't hinge much on it and obviously needs to continue the grind for other top recruits instead of waiting around to see what the deal is.

Reaction Score
Remember Charlie’s journey.
Note: Charlie V committed to Illinois but then changed his mind and went to UConn. Says now going to Illinois would have been a mistake.

I tagged Charlie on Kofi’s IG post and this is what he hails to say.

Attachments

• 1FC53ECE-737D-4637-9AC1-72DDAFCFA62D.png
    1FC53ECE-737D-4637-9AC1-72DDAFCFA62D.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 708
Reaction Score
The perfect case scenario, really dream scenario because right now it is just imaginative, is Kofi keeps it semi open and we sign Wahab. Kofi fears not Wahab and signs with the good guys. That naturally causes current roster turnover. This opens a spot for Precious in the spring as he sees himself joining a national program and making this a win now top 5 class.

Wake me when it is over.
yup. and if Kofi reaches out to us, I think you put the full court press back on. Still put effort into other bigs, but it'd be nice to be the "bad guys" for once and get in his ear like Cooley did with MAL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom