Kofi Final 5 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kofi Final 5

Reaction Score
kansas will probably tie us with 4 chips sooner rather than later. i just want to win #5 before them, and never look back.

Reaction Score
Ugh, was kind of hoping we could get him over Kansas because of some positive reason, not because Kansas thinks he's wildly overrated and won't contribute at this level.
Where we are right now there is no way we could snag a recruit a program like Kansas is prioritizing. Same goes for Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Michigan State and probably Villanova.

Reaction Score

I think it’s us or Kansas.

He literally said the same exact thing for all the other schools but he spoke glowingly about Kansas developing big men and helping him go pro. Idk maybe reading too much into it

Reaction Score
Since 1967, as a seed of #5 or better, UConn has lost only one early game. That was 2008 in the second round, in OT, vs SDSU

In a game where the point guard and leader blew his knee out in the first half and they couldn't recover mentally in time.

We specialized in not flaming out way early in tournaments.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Since 1967, as a seed of #5 or better, UConn has lost only one early game. That was 2008 in the second round, in OT, vs SDSU

What about the 05 team vs that Julius hodgen led NC State team?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
In a game where the point guard and leader blew his knee out in the first half and they couldn't recover mentally in time.

We specialized in not flaming out way early in tournaments.
What about the 05 team vs that Julius hodgen led NC State team?
08 was against San Diego, buzzer beater.

05 was in second round vs. NC State and Julius Hodge hit a runner with under 5 seconds to go.

Reaction Score
I said it and I'll say it again.

While I think this is probably the best place for him, and I kinda get the impression he knows that deep down, too.... I just get the feeling he'd rather go to Kansas. I'm just not sure they want him as bad as he wants them.

I think he'd be fine coming here, but this isn't an Akok/Bouknight 'I'm really excited to be coming' thing.

I just don't get that read.

Reaction Score
Specified early-round

Edit man, if you graduated in 09 as your handle implies, that's some brutal postseason basketball you had while on-campus.

Going down to Michigan State

This

06-07 with freshman Hash who barely were above .500

and I won't even mention what happened your freshman year.

Didn't win a single BET game over those four years.

Edit again holy crap I just looked it up and we didn't win a single BET game between '05 and '11

Perhaps not referring to Kansas as a blue blood makes @the Q sleep better at night but the reality is they are a powerhouse and have shown that with regular season & post season success over the past 20-30 years.

Reaction Score
but I think he'd rather go to Kansas. I'm just not sure they want him as bad as he wants them.

i think this sums it up, unfortunately. if KU offers he goes there, if not, he comes here. hopefully they won't offer.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Perhaps not referring to Kansas as a blue blood makes @the Q sleep better at night but the reality is they are a powerhouse and have shown that with regular season & post season success over the past 20-30 years.

I never said Kansas wasn’t a blueblood.

Just that they tend to sucker me in and destroy my bracket on an almost yearly basis. Lol

Reaction Score

While I think this is probably the best place for him, and I kinda get the impression he knows that deep down, too.... I just get the feeling he'd rather go to Kansas. I'm just not sure they want him as bad as he wants them.

I think he'd be fine coming here, but this isn't an Akok/Bouknight 'I'm really excited to be coming' thing.

Totally agree with you. You could tell straight from the start Akok/ Bouknight wanted to come, even Gaffney. Kofi feels like a guy who wants attention and where are you gunna get the most on that list? Kansas. He wants to be a pro and i don’t think final fours really matter. The only way we get him if someone tells him he won’t be playing much at Kansas. If not I have a feeling he’s gunna choose Kansas. Just by his comments about UConn it was super generic and didn’t seem detailed. He was talking about how Kansas would develop him for the pros. Hopefully we back up with someone else.

Reaction Score
He says he wants to be pushed. Hell 150% be pushed in one of Danny Hurleys practices.

I think he'd want to be pushed to be a major contributor in games. Hurley keeps referring to his team as a guard oriented offense and has not prioritized feeding his bigs so those quotes might be used against us. TBH I've had similar gripes about previous coaches regarding this issue so I am biased towards a little. more balance to help free everyone up. Problem is you have to be consistent in doing this because the payoff isn't immediate, and we're running out of cupcakes to take advantage and develop that inside game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

After our PG went down with an injury.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think Jr year Polley is going to compete at the PF position and Akok will have to bring his A game every day. Polley will be making shots next year. I know Akok can shoot but comp goes up. Better contesting of shots. Polley knows the speed of college ball.

Akok is going to blow away Polley on D, in terms of contesting and blocking shots. I've a feeling he's tougher as well.

Reaction Score
What’s important for him is (1) being close to home, (2) being comfortable, (3) being pushed hard and developing, and (4) getting ready for the next level. We seem to check off more boxes than Kansas. JMO

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I look forward to you saying it again. More people here should repeat themselves. And tell us when they do so.

Reaction Score
i think this sums it up, unfortunately. if KU offers he goes there, if not, he comes here. hopefully they won't offer.

I just don't get a good vibe from the kid. Not that we're owed one or whatever... I just think it's telling for a dude to have a school in your final five who hasn't really recruited you or offered you and you keep talking about them in a distinctly different tone than everyone else when asked.

And when you're asked about everyone else - it's basically 'meh, good place, could see myself there.' And I think that's why he's waiting, too. I think he really wants that Kansas offer.

That being said - I think we're probably the best of the rest by a good margin when you balance everything out, although I do think he'd be a pretty good fit at Illinois as well. Pitt seems like they're going to have to go back to the drawing board entirely and I can't see him being the kind of guy that would be excited about walking into a program there unless there was some buzz, which there isn't.

I didn't even know St John's was recruiting him, so- I'm sure he's just tossing that out as a #5.

I think he's going to wait as long as he can for Kansas. If he doesn't go there, I'd assume we're in the lead. I wouldn't sleep on Illinois though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ugh, was kind of hoping we could get him over Kansas because of some positive reason, not because Kansas thinks he's wildly overrated and won't contribute at this level.

Who cares what they think? Doesn't matter a lick. He's good. We want him. And we'd win with him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom