Kofi Cockburn visiting 6/29 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn visiting 6/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You really can't understand the difference between recruiting when coming a National Championship and recruiting when coming off 3 sub par seasons, zero tournament success, multiple transfers, and a new coach? Those are the facts!
We fired the coach, he replaced the entire staff, and by definition the program has a new culture. The new coach has had tournament success and a top 25 class at URI of all places. He's also brought in guys who helped places like Nebraska and Minnesota land talent.

I'm glad you're not the one giving the recruiting pitch.

Reaction Score
You really can't understand the difference between recruiting when coming a National Championship and recruiting when coming off 3 sub par seasons, zero tournament success, multiple transfers, and a new coach? Those are the facts!

Those might be the facts but there not the alternative facts! Counselor.

Reaction Score
We fired the coach, he replaced the entire staff, and by definition the program has a new culture. The new coach has had tournament success and a top 25 class at URI of all places. He's also brought in guys who helped places like Nebraska and Minnesota land talent.

I'm glad you're not the one giving the recruiting pitch.

And once Hurley proves he can do all those things at UConn then they will be back on the map for the elite players. Until then it ain't happening.

Reaction Score
And once Hurley proves he can do all those things at UConn then they will be back on the map for the elite players. Until then it ain't happening.
giphy.gif

C

Chief00

Sorry man - the gag order has not been lifted on non public stuff.
Yes, it would help immensely if the KO and NCAA thing gets settled.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
This guy would be the cornerstone to turning this ship around. Achiuwa may be Rudy Gay v2.0, like everyone I love Delaire’s game, Mitchell is intriguing, but this dude would be the biggest piece in turning a corner.

I want, for the first time in a while, to go into Cincy or SMU and not be worried that we’re going to get pushed around inside. Hurley said during the Road Show that his defense requires a shot blocking enforcer inside to cover for when we get beat....this guy is everything you need in that respect.

Reaction Score
This guy would be the cornerstone to turning this ship around. Achiuwa may be Rudy Gay v2.0, like everyone I love Delaire’s game, Mitchell is intriguing, but this dude would be the biggest piece in turning a corner.

I want, for the first time in a while, to go into Cincy or SMU and not be worried that we’re going to get pushed around inside. Hurley said during the Road Show that his defense requires a shot blocking enforcer inside to cover for when we get beat....this guy is everything you need in that respect.

Cockburn is actually not a great shot blocker. More of an enforcer.

That seems to be his type rather than the Brimah types KO liked

C

Chief00

Cockburn is actually not a great shot blocker. More of an enforcer.

That seems to be his type rather than the Brimah types KO liked

Really want his dude. True, he is Danny’s type of center.

C

Chief00

I love this post!

C

Chief00

“And I have the perfect class for you at 10am - let me read you the description from the course catalog. I will show you where the classroom is when I take you on a tour of facilities”

No more of that BS.

Reaction Score

You make great points and I certainly agree with most but Dan makes me think he can drive the culture he is bringing back to a “national power” therefore making it a destination of intrigue again. If he can somehow grab a couple top kids then magically deliver a post season at the dance it will have begun I think and not necessarily having to wait for multiple winning seasons. We will see I guess but this guy gives me hope no doubt.

Reaction Score
FWIW St. John’s has gotten crystal ball picks for Igiehon over the past couple of days. And Scottie Lewis. Abdelmassih is working some magic it seems. But if they end up there, it would take away some competition for Cockburn and Achiuwa.
That's surprising. I'd thought both Lewis and Antoine were a package and Duke leans. But yes, it does help if the Johnnies focus their energy elsewhere. I've always felt that the staff has prioritized Cockburn over Igiehon, so this is of no concern imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom