Kofi Cockburn visiting 6/29 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kofi Cockburn visiting 6/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The fact he said unfortunately means it’s good news. Will be interesting to see if chief is right.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think we can realistically land:
Precious Anchiuwa
Kofi Cockburn
Tyrese Samuel
James Bouknight

Would give us a top 15 class and considering recruiting is so important right now I can see this happening. Would be UConns top class In quite some time. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
What concerns me is that guys who would be our major piece often go to the Dukes, Kansas, and NCs to become complimentary off the bench players. Hurley needs a breakthrough or 2 and we'll be off to the races IMO.

Reaction Score
Precious Anchiuwa
Kofi Cockburn
Tyrese Samuel
James Bouknight

Would give us a top 15 class and considering recruiting is so important right now I can see this happening. Would be UConns top class In quite some time. Thoughts?

I like your list. We have crystal ball picks for each so it's reasonable to hope for. My choice for the 5th spot would be Wong or Quinones. If Delaire were to commit earlier than the others I would take the bird in the hand and likely 1 on your list would be out. If it is not in the cards for us to get a quality guard with the 5th scholly I'd welcome Delaire as well, rather than just take an average guard, (even Dawes). We could fill the need for another guard next spring if Vital were to leave, or there were any other transfer. (If Gilbert doesn't make it through the year healthy, he will also have to evaluate whether future basketball is possible for him). Having Gilbert, B Adams, and Vital, supplemented by Bouknight and Wilson is enough to get along with. Wilson played a great deal with the ball in his hands at Brewster, in the same style as Daniel Hamilton pushing the ball. It's just not a class with top guards. I don't know Gaffney's ball handling or where we stand with him, but it seems to me Wong, Watts, and Dawes are the only players that operate controlling the ball. Watts seems like a tough get, and Dawes doesn't seem to me good enough to be a high priority.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn 4 National Championships, Kansas 3 National Championships.

Yeah, but KU hasn't missed the tournament since ten years before this kid was born. 1989. We missed the last two years. Hope he doesn't go to UNC, Duke or Kentucky, after dissing UConn, KU and Indiana with that blue blood comment. St. Johns...yeah, they suck.

C

Chief00

I like your list. We have crystal ball picks for each so it's reasonable to hope for. My choice for the 5th spot would be Wong or Quinones. If Delaire were to commit earlier than the others I would take the bird in the hand and likely 1 on your list would be out. If it is not in the cards for us to get a quality guard with the 5th scholly I'd welcome Delaire as well, rather than just take an average guard, (even Dawes). We could fill the need for another guard next spring if Vital were to leave, or there were any other transfer. (If Gilbert doesn't make it through the year healthy, he will also have to evaluate whether future basketball is possible for him). Having Gilbert, B Adams, and Vital, supplemented by Bouknight and Wilson is enough to get along with. Wilson played a great deal with the ball in his hands at Brewster, in the same style as Daniel Hamilton pushing the ball. It's just not a class with top guards. I don't know Gaffney's ball handling or where we stand with him, but it seems to me Wong, Watts, and Dawes are the only players that operate controlling the ball. Watts seems like a tough get, and Dawes doesn't seem to me good enough to be a high priority.

No disrespect to other recruits but Kofi is the guy I want the most.

pj

Reaction Score

I really like Wong's video, acknowledged that the competition for Wong and Watts will be fierce. We can get by with only one guard this class, but it would be great to pick up Wong or Watts with Bouknight or Quinones.

C

Chief00

The fact he said unfortunately means it’s good news. Will be interesting to see if chief is right.

Nothing definitive. Still at the reading tea leaves stage. Having said that - impressed with the focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
What concerns me is that guys who would be our major piece often go to the Dukes, Kansas, and NCs to become complimentary off the bench players. Hurley needs a breakthrough or 2 and we'll be off to the races IMO.
Working in our favor is that we can offer these impact players the chance to come in and immediately be “the guy” with Jalen moving on next year. Hurley has shown he can win and most imporantly, aid the development of players.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hope so but that may not be soon unless his legal bills mount and he doesn’t need to pay for the union guy
Anyone know the status of this thing? Did Herbst rule on Ollie's appeal or are they using that as a settlement vehicle?

Reaction Score
Precious Anchiuwa
Kofi Cockburn
Tyrese Samuel
James Bouknight

No. Despite the coaching change, we are still facing the same recruiting challenges we did with Ollie. It is going to take a few runs in the tournament to get our name back on the map and for kids to overlook the downfalls of playing in a non power 5 conference.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No. Despite the coaching change, we are still facing the same recruiting challenges we did with Ollie. It is going to take a few runs in the tournament to get our name back on the map and for kids to overlook the downfalls of playing in a non power 5 conference.
TRUE TRUE
VERY TRUE

Reaction Score
Realistically we could land it. I’m not sure how effective Hurley is at getting kids to commit. Ollie put us in so many kids top 5’s and top 10s but couldn’t pull the trigger. I agree with you though, recruiting challenges still exist

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Who or what do you mean when you refer to the Dukes & NCs? You write as though as though each is a category. How many teams are in each of these categories? How many categories are there? Was Kansas meant to be a category of multiple teams named Kansa?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Realistically we could land it. I’m not sure how effective Hurley is at getting kids to commit. Ollie put us in so many kids top 5’s and top 10s but couldn’t pull the trigger. I agree with you though, recruiting challenges still exist

If by 'realistically' you mean 'somewhere in the realm of all possibilities', then yes. If you mean remotely likely, then no.

Reaction Score
We got a top 10 class 3 years ago

Exactly.
Let's see what ranked class Penny Hardaway has.
Yes, he has an in with Wiseman but Trendon Watford is a Memphis lean as well.
Both the Dan Hurley and Penny Hardaway hirings (and the fact that they happened in concert) shine a bright light on the conference.
The AAC has been a multiple bid league without much help from either recently. So the fact that the two strongest recruiting programs now have capable recruiters in place puts the conference as a whole in good position.
The Autonomy 5 aren't the only High Majors at the party.

Reaction Score
We got a top 10 class 3 years ago
Yeah, 3 years AGO, coming off a National Championship. Since then there has been underachieving teams, multiple transfers, and virtually zero post season success. That is why I said it was imperative for the Huskies to win and make a few runs in the post season to show that the culture has indeed changed and UConn is getting back to being the power it once was.

Reaction Score
Would you quit trying to argue with facts? You're just upsetting those who like using anger and feelings.

You really can't understand the difference between recruiting when coming a National Championship and recruiting when coming off 3 sub par seasons, zero tournament success, multiple transfers, and a new coach? Those are the facts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom