Kobie Eubanks (Committed to Alabama) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kobie Eubanks (Committed to Alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My dog barked when I opened this thread. If that's not a sign that Eubanks will commit here soon, nothing is.
It's your dog a husky? If it's a bulldog we may have problems. Also, what does your dog do if you click on the Diamond Stone thread? You can't just tell us about this phenomenon and them not use it to its fullest potential.

Reaction Score
It's your dog a husky? If it's a bulldog we may have problems. Also, what does your dog do if you click on the Diamond Stone thread? You can't just tell us about this phenomenon and them not use it to its fullest potential.
He's a beagle, but he does rock a UConn dog sweater during cold winter days.

I've generally avoided the Diamond Stone thread because it's become an absolute cesspool. I'll keep you apprised of any new developments.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I own a Husky (named Kemba) he never barks just "talks", could've swore I heard him say Kobie earlier....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's see - a previously relatively unheralded recruit blows up against some top competition and suddenly gets attention from major schools, fills the hole of the top thing on our recruiting wish list, but has been at a few different schools and has some academic question marks.

Looks like we have ourselves a sequel. Kasongo II (Electric Boogaloo).

(that would probably work better if his name was Kasongoo)

As much as I love Kasongo humor, ESPN had him at 4 stars, plus committing to a Big 12 school doesn't exactly make him unheralded. Also, I have nothing to back this up but seeing as how Baylor has two other guards committed in the 2015 class, his decommitment may have been a long time coming. Breaking out at the NPS probably pushed it over the edge.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's been elevated to 4 stars, and the No. 53 overall recruit by TOS. And we appear to be well in the mix.

It'd be pretty great if we ended up with three local four stars (Adams from Boston, Enoch from Connecticut & Eubanks from Long Island), and then a national five-star (Stone) on top of it. But even without Stone, if we're able to lock down Eubanks that bears well for our future both on the court and the recruiting trail, as the ability to consistently land local four-stars gives the staff the flexibility to aim high on national recruits.

EDIT: Here's a vid:

Quick, high release on his jumper, but his mechanics look a little funky and he doesn't get much elevation. Still, if he can catch and shoot, then I want him.

EDIT No. 2: Turns out he only spent one year of high school on Long Island, and is actually from Florida. My bad.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
we desperately need another big-time ball handler.
that should be their #1 Priority. w/o a healthy Boat and Purvis, we are in trouble this year.
Next year we'll have Purvis and Adams.

I like Samuels Defense but he has been a turnover machine.

Reaction Score
we desperately need another big-time ball handler.
that should be their #1 Priority. w/o a healthy Boat and Purvis, we are in trouble this year.
Next year we'll have Purvis and Adams.

I like Samuels Defense but he has been a turnover machine.
In what little we've seen of Purvis I would not consider him a "big-time ball handler" Granted he's been hurt but even before the injury he hadn't shown me much to consider him a Ferrari or an NBA prospect. I really hope I'm wrong because we desperately need another scorer.

Reaction Score
@HWHoopsCentral: 2015 SG Kobe Eubanks (@kobeeubanks) informs us he will be putting out his list of schools tomorrow.

Reaction Score
He's been elevated to 4 stars, and the No. 53 overall recruit by TOS. And we appear to be well in the mix.

It'd be pretty great if we ended up with three local four stars (Adams from Boston, Enoch from Connecticut & Eubanks from Long Island), and then a national five-star (Stone) on top of it. But even without Stone, if we're able to lock down Eubanks that bears well for our future both on the court and the recruiting trail, as the ability to consistently land local four-stars gives the staff the flexibility to aim high on national recruits.

EDIT: Here's a vid:

Quick, high release on his jumper, but his mechanics look a little funky and he doesn't get much elevation. Still, if he can catch and shoot, then I want him.

EDIT No. 2: Turns out he only spent one year of high school on Long Island, and is actually from Florida. My bad.

We need a PG, possibly 2.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
He is heavily recruited right now should be interesting to see his list. I believe he was at maryland recently for a visit?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Maryland visited him last month.

If I had to guess, Maryland, Missouri, Louisville and Kansas.

Reaction Score
UCONN better reach out to Juco ranks and international hoop community and grad students with eligibility for infusion results or next year the fanbase better come with standard equipment of mainly white flags. This high school thing and hamburger transfers not working out. If NBA wants danham or amoeba next year they would be considered more desperate for infusion of players than UCONN is currently.

Reaction Score
UCONN better reach out to Juco ranks and international hoop community and grad students with eligibility for infusion results or next year the fanbase better come with standard equipment of mainly white flags. This high school thing and hamburger transfers not working out. If NBA wants danham or amoeba next year they would be considered more desperate for infusion of players than UCONN is currently.

Holy Shot I agree

Reaction Score

interesting switch out of Chap-speak... do we have a ghost-writer, did the real chap get abducted? something is going on here...

Reaction Score
interesting switch out of Chap-speak... do we have a ghost-writer, did the real chap get abducted? something is going on here...

It started to give even chap a head ache. Imagine the effort it took to be intentionally that incomprehensible.

Reaction Score

He actually had one very well written post (by Chap standards) when he was talking about his father and his experiences in the war. Chap-speak is clearly very, very calculated and every once in a while, it's time to turn it off to actually get the point through.

Reaction Score
Chap has been singing this JuCo crap for months. Nobody consistently wins with JuCos and our sophomore class is already huge, so it doesn't make sense for us. If we go international and can find a Drogan or Bogdan who can shoot, I'm on board.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
His dad seemed pro UConn at this presser:

bobeubanks.jpg

The great legacy of Connecticut guards is very attractive to Kobie!

Reaction Score
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1499208-eubanks-cuts-list-sets-a-visit

Eubanks is now only considering Georgia, Oregon, Maryland, Missouri, Providence, Kansas, Virginia Tech, South Florida, Louisville and Connecticut.

"My list of 10 is in no specific order," Eubanks told Scout.

Eubanks also set up an official visit for Oregon this coming weekend. The Ducks are slated to play Arizona State on Saturday.

"I will take another visit later this month," Eubanks said. "I will be cutting my list down mid-February after my second visit and making my decision at the end of my Elev-8 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom