KO - Victim of discrimination and denied due process? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

KO - Victim of discrimination and denied due process?

Reaction Score
Offer or not...it seems likely there were 'terms under which Ollie could have gone quietly/amicably'. Obviously, they couldn't agree on what those were to be. So, here we are...throw out the unwritten rules, code, loyalty, etc. It's all business at this point, each side trying to best cover their own interests. Can't fault either side, would expect nothing less. We don't have any influence...would rather have fun by speculating on final terms, with no real factual input. (I would say that, the most spectacular speculation does come from situations like this, where the public facts likely matter nowhere as much as the non-public facts).

Reaction Score
"... right the ship ..."?
After the departed's last few years, it's dubious at best to think he could have put 1 toe in a dinghy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

la-sp-sn-kevin-ollie-thunder-scott-brooks-20150421

"Oh c'mon. Give me one more year to right the ship"​

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thank you for a respectful and respectable response to my question. You can see directly above how it landed for a sample of those who don't share the final paragraphs of your argunent.

I would offer that an equally legitimate framing of the situation is that 2017-18 constituted KO's year to right the ship, and that whatever purported 'trial baloon' AD Benedict floated as the season ended constituted the opportunity for the gentle exit. All else is in the nature of battle moves that I continue to hope ends in settlement

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Lawyers being lawyers, none of this game of charades matters, it's all political posturing

And it's not going to stop until the final verdict is rendered

People need a bigger "spam" bucket

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I never would have thought that one of the UConn guys I respected most and rooted for the hardest would ever become a person I just wanted out of sight and out of mind.

This is why going 'in the family' blows.

Reaction Score
I’m actually ascribing some sense to Herbst and Benedict - if you have someone for cause why would you offer them anything?
That would just signal your case is weak.
Do you actually believe the crap you write? You must really love Ollie and hate UConn because the only other alternative is that you are frighteningly clueless.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you actually believe the crap you write? You must really love Ollie and hate UConn because the only other alternative is that you are frighteningly clueless.

Could anyone write something more incorrect?

We can start nice and easy. Post some evidence that an offer was made to Ollie.

Reaction Score
FWIW, one of the more credible posters on this board says an offer was tendered.

The lastest I heard is that the university made what they feel was a very fair settlement offer to KO in the last 2 weeks. He believes he can do better in court. The university is not willing to go above the number. So that is where we are at.

FWIW, the attorneys on the university side don't think they can lose in court. Not with the contract language and Ollie lieing to university officials about possible violations.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
FWIW, one of the more credible posters on this board says an offer was tendered.

So no number and offered long after he was fired. Okey dokey.

Reaction Score
I don't think KO is ungrateful nor do I think he is a bad guy. He is a good guy who was a bad coach the last few years. This is just posturing by KO's lawyers in an attempt to get him as much of the money remaining on his contract as they can. It is all about money and the rest is white noise.
Once the lawyers are stop posturing this situation will be settled and UConn will pay too much in their opinion and KO won't get enough in his opinion similar to alimony agreements.

“..white noise..” Really? Speaking of racism:eek::oops:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You can't compare UCONN basketball to Texas football in terms of funding and/or boosters. UT football probably has a number of people who, individually, give more than the entire UCONN MBB booster combined pot.

C

Chief00

The one problem with your premise is...He was a key assistant on a team getting ready for probation. He was not hired, he was given a one year term at under 1 mill per year(I could look it up, but I want to say 600K, which was woefully underpaid for UConn). So there's that.

LOL - usually a team getting ready for sanctions doesn’t hire an assistant as interim head coach (aka really head coach). They would usually go external away from the scandal taint. That just shows what a sweetheart deal KO got. And that $600k was three times what he made as an assistant. I too was for giving KO that special chance - but no question it was very unusual - and put KO above any potential competitor - they would probably say unfairly. Ask Glen Miller, he still seems bitter about that.

Reaction Score
You can't compare UCONN basketball to Texas football in terms of funding and/or boosters. UT football probably has a number of people who, individually, give more than the entire UCONN MBB booster combined pot.
Plus, oil, black gold, Texas T right on UT's campus and other UT-owned properties versus not many petro dollars generated by Connecticut shale oil in the Land of Steady Habits

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom