KO - Victim of discrimination and denied due process? | Page 13 | The Boneyard

KO - Victim of discrimination and denied due process?

Reaction Score
True, when I broke the news, many doubted me. What was a surprise to UConn though is how KO would not settle within the reasonable settlement parameters despite justified cause. There is some disconnect between KO and his lawyers is my guess.
OK, are you now violating your gag order? You seem to be sharing a lot of information. The ESPN report says no settlement was offered.
Just curious. Also you stated you are not a lawyer, but appear to be taking a legal position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes he did earn the contract and position. The real question which will soon be answered is did he violate the specific language which he agreed to which could be grounds for firing with cause.
He didn’t earn the additional 3 year extension, that’s what got the school into this mess. He absolutely earned the original 5 year deal but did absolutely nothing to earn the extra 3 years other than having his people adeptly circulate rumors that either The Lakers or OKC wanted to hire him.

C

Chief00

OK, are you now violating your gag order? You seem to be sharing a lot of information. The ESPN report says no settlement was offered.
Just curious. Also you stated you are not a lawyer, but appear to be taking a legal position.

Protected categories for discrimination is basic and public. What I said is not in conflict with the ESPN quote that no specific settlement was offered. That’s not how these things are done. There was no willingness, at that juncture, by KO to negotiate.

Reaction Score
Completely serious. That was the consensus of the board as well until he was actually fired.
It may have been the consensus of the board but wasn’t reality. DB allegedly wanted him out after last year but he had 4 years left and didn’t want to fire the head football and basketball coaches in the same year. As Husky stated, he was fired for embarrassing the program with a lack of wins and a bunch of blowout losses. The cause justification is just to get the school off the hook from paying him the $10 million he doesn’t deserve after his awful performance the past few years.

Reaction Score
I can understand how one could convince themselves that poor performance coupled with getting caught is enough to warrant use of the cause.

But he didn't get caught. This wasn't the FBI stopping by or Marcus Camby riding around in a corvette. He landed exactly zero players worth cheating for and in fact was more often the victim of other coaches cheating. He literally would have had a better chance keeping his job if he cheated more.

What happened was the school needed to find a violation and they found one. To pretend that this was in Ollie's control is disingenuous beyond belief and I'm surprised more people don't have a problem with the school rating itself out, and by extension undermining the wishes of a fan base that would prefer to avoid more negative PR, instead of paying the money that they themselves are responsible for.

Reaction Score
I can understand how one could convince themselves that poor performance coupled with getting caught is enough to warrant use of the cause.

But he didn't get caught. This wasn't the FBI stopping by or Marcus Camby riding around in a corvette. He landed exactly zero players worth cheating for and in fact was more often the victim of other coaches cheating. He literally would have had a better chance keeping his job if he cheated more.

What happened was the school needed to find a violation and they found one. To pretend that this was in Ollie's control is disingenuous beyond belief and I'm surprised more people don't have a problem with the school rating itself out, and by extension undermining the wishes of a fan base that would prefer to avoid more negative PR, instead of paying the money that they themselves are responsible for.
The concensus seems to be they don't have the money. I find it hard to believe that they could not find it if they had to. This public soap opera is as you said not a good thing, not at all.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

You'd have he n better served by sleep at the tender hour you wrote this. I am better served by not going point by point to redirect or reign in what you've written. Suffice it to say that the pure advocate's hat for any strong position is appropriately warn by those representing the legal and/or financial intrrests of those involved in this drama.

Let the matter settle. No more "disingenuous beyonld belief. " It only invites worse in kind, while doing no more than serving a futile cause. "He deserves nothing" is equally bad and unhelpful.

Reaction Score
What if this different treatment is about Diaco and not JC....anyone ever think of that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom