KO - Miami Resident | The Boneyard

KO - Miami Resident

C

Chief00

Wishing KO well as he settles into his new residence in Miami FL. Change is often good and distancing himself from his attorney, who made it difficult for him to move on in his life, in my opinion, can only be a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Does KO ever step foot in Gampel ever again? I hope he does. I hope both sides can make peace. The last few years of the KO era were bad. At the same time he won a National Championship. We have four as a program, and KO led us to one of them. In time, that should not go unnoticed.

Reaction Score
He burned the bridges behind him.

Don’t care if he comes back or not.
Yeah. He made some bad decisions in all of this. Egos get in the way of sanity.

Reaction Score
What is he going to do down here? Larrañaga is only 71. Plenty of coaching years left.

C

Chief00

He did burn his bridges in lots of ways both before and after his termination. I am not sure what his legal strategy was the last few years, but it created a disaster in terms of being able to move his life forward. Having said that, I hope he creates a better life in FL for himself.

Reaction Score
I hope he comes back too. A member of the greatest Freshman class ever.

1611099565536.png

SENIORSJUNIORSSOPHOMORESFRESHMEN
Dan CyrulikScott BurrellRichie Ashmeade
Gilad KatzOliver MacklinBrian Fair
Rod SellersToraino WalkerDonny Marshall
Chris SmithDonyell Marshall
Tim PikiellKevin Ollie
Nantambu Willingham
Jeff Calhoun
Rudy Johnson

Reaction Score
I hope he comes back too. A member of the greatest Freshman class ever.

View attachment 63761
SENIORSJUNIORSSOPHOMORESFRESHMEN
Dan CyrulikScott BurrellRichie Ashmeade
Gilad KatzOliver MacklinBrian Fair
Rod SellersToraino WalkerDonny Marshall
Chris SmithDonyell Marshall
Tim PikiellKevin Ollie
Nantambu Willingham
Jeff Calhoun
Rudy Johnson
I don't know if that is true, but at the time, with that incoming class and the state of the program back then, it sorta feels like it does now, like we are on the rise, and there are Championships coming. Donyell was the highest recruit ever.

Big things were in the wind; you could feel it.

Reaction Score
What is the latest on his legal challenge.
Haven’t heard anything lately.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

Yes, but unless you're Pete Rose, time (especially if paired with humility) heals most wounds...

Reaction Score
I don't know if that is true, but at the time, with that incoming class and the state of the program back then, it sorta feels like it does now, like we are on the rise, and there are Championships coming. Donyell was the highest recruit ever.

Big things were in the wind; you could feel it.
True. If not the greatest, one of the most important. Chris Smith was a senior and this group really kept the ball rolling and then Ray and then Rip . . .

(354) 1991-1992 Freshmen Class Preview: Donyell Marshall, Kevin Ollie, Donny Marshall & more - YouTube

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This was/is not a spur of the minute decision.
He will be happy there for many reasons.
Many wished him well on the relo and no, he will not cut ties here in CT and he will be back at some point
Much to the chagrin of folks like Fish and I can understand
KO is a UConn Husky and always will be, in his mind, in my mind and hopefully others

Again, it is my opinion that he needed to be replaced at the time it happened, however, there were a lot of real messed up things done by both sides behind the scene that made it unnecessarily nasty.

Time to move on

Reaction Score
KO will be back someday. As a player, a vocal supporter and then as a coach, he did plenty for the program. The AAC made life a lot harder for an inexperienced coach trying to recruit and his divorce was a game changer that seemed to suck the life out of him. I’ve already let any issues with KO go. He didn’t want things to go the way they did, life can be complicated. If we weren’t strapped for cash, he’d have been paid to leave and we’d all be a big, happy family again. It was a tough set of circumstances.

Reaction Score
What is he going to do down here? Larrañaga is only 71. Plenty of coaching years left.
Maybe he can install a "Pro Offense" at Florida Gulf Coast where Andy Enfield coached.

Their current coach is Michael Fly. His record is 28-42.

Time for a turn around?

Don't think they pay $3mill a year though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe he can install a "Pro Offense" at Florida Gulf Coast where Andy Enfield coached.

Their current coach is Michael Fly. His record is 28-42.

Time for a turn around?

Don't think they pay $3mill a year though.

Or FAU or FIU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom