Knicks let Lin go to the Rockets | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Knicks let Lin go to the Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A quarter into the season I think is fair to acknowledge that he's been a disappointment, especially with this ridiculous contract(c)Melo. Getting benched down the stretch of games for Toney Douglas isn't a good look, when he gets voted to start the All Star game its gonna be an embarrasment for the league. His play pretty much validates what most sane basketball minds already knew, D'Antoni's offense made him look alot better than he is. Alot of guys in this league can get numbers if you put the ball in their hands and let them go for 40 minutes a game.

Don't hide...

Right on cue, Jeremy Lin played without Harden tonight against the best team in the NBA the Spurs. Here are his stats:

38 points (11-21), 7 Assists, 3 rebounds and 2 steals with 2 turnovers.

While your opinion means nothing, here is someone's opinion that I actually respect about Lin:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...similarites-with-lin-at-same-stage-of-career/

For the record, I think Lin has many similarities to Parker. Of course he is nowhere as good as Parker right now but Parker as a Rookie is nowhere as good as he is now either.

I love guys like you who keep comparing basically Lin's first season in the NBA against some of the best in the NBA. You might want to look up Rose's, Nash's and many other great NBA PGs' first season and come back to have a real discussion.

Like I said many times, he is young and no one really knows his ceiling. Tonight is just another proof of that. I am also convinced playing along side Harden is holding his game back. He simply went into Linsanity mode tonight and did his thing.

Reaction Score
Just like it held back Westbrook...

Problem is Harden likes to handle the ball in the system. He acts like the PG all the time when he isn't the PG. Lin has to play off the ball a ton with Harden on the floor and that's not his strength. Lin's strength is attacking the basket with the ball in his hand while creating for his teammates or score on his own. With Harden, it is not possible to do that. It is up to the coaches to figure out how to use them. Harden is a great player but he needs the ball in his hands a lot. Anyway, Rockets are the youngest team in the NBA and they still got time to figure this out. Tonight's game was pretty exciting though.

Reaction Score
Problem is Harden likes to handle the ball in the system. He acts like the PG all the time when he isn't the PG. Lin has to play off the ball a ton with Harden on the floor and that's not his strength. Lin's strength is attacking the basket with the ball in his hand while creating for his teammates or score on his own. With Harden, it is not possible to do that. It is up to the coaches to figure out how to use them. Harden is a great player but he needs the ball in his hands a lot. Anyway, Rockets are the youngest team in the NBA and they still got time to figure this out. Tonight's game was pretty exciting though.
You are completely wrong.

Lin is a similar player to Russell Westbrook. He isn't in the same stratosphere athletically (only Derrick Rose is for PGs), but he is a score-first point guard who's at his best attacking the basket. Harden's ability to man PG duties helped Westbrook immensely last season. When JH came in, Westbrook essentially shifted to shooting guard, which helped him shoot a career high 46% from the field.

Lin isn't shooting sub-40% because Harden is handling the ball so much - he's simply been bad this season.

Reaction Score
You are completely wrong.

Lin is a similar player to Russell Westbrook. He isn't in the same stratosphere athletically (only Derrick Rose is for PGs), but he is a score-first point guard who's at his best attacking the basket. Harden's ability to man PG duties helped Westbrook immensely last season. When JH came in, Westbrook essentially shifted to shooting guard, which helped him shoot a career high 46% from the field.

Lin isn't shooting sub-40% because Harden is handling the ball so much - he's simply been bad this season.

Not gonna debate with you but I completely disagree with you. First, you completely underrate Lin athletically. Not surprising because everyone does because he is Asian. Anyway, try watch him play sometimes. Lin is not a spot up shooter and that's pretty much what he has been since he joined the Rockets for the most part. Anyway, the season is still young and Rockets are still growing. Tonight just another flash of his potential. I think he will have other nights like this if they let him play his game.

Reaction Score
Lol @ trying to argue that Lin is even in the same realm athletically with Westbrook and Rose, there's really no point in debating this with you(UConn990411 pretty much summed it with his post above). I'll continue on with thinking that Lin is average, you can continue being a Lin stan, we'll agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Lin's contract is only bad in the last year.. and whoa is it bad if this play continues. But let's not forget this kid has only played 83 games in his career.. and has only gotten a lot of minutes in half of those games so he's still learning. He's still "only" making ~$8 million a year over the length of the contract.

Having said that, I'm happy to have been completely wrong on this whole situation. I, like many other Knick fans, originally cringed at the Felton/Kidd replacement combo for Lin but couldn't be happier so far. Kidd has turned into arguably the third most important player on the Knicks.

Now if I could just figure out that Camby contract...
Have to agree wholeheartedly. Not sure if this was the Knick front office being good, or being lucky. Reymond Felton appears to only be capable of playing quality hoops in the NBA for NY. And Kidd is a special player, doing what he does at his age.

Reaction Score
Lol @ trying to argue that Lin is even in the same realm athletically with Westbrook and Rose, there's really no point in debating this with you(UConn990411 pretty much summed it with his post above). I'll continue on with thinking that Lin is average, you can continue being a Lin stan, we'll agree to disagree.

Here is some real state from someone else who knows what he is talking about:

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/278748582381772800

20pts/5ast/2reb/2stl in 1st 45 starts:@alleniverson, @SteveFranchise3, @CP3,@Iam1Cent, @KingJames, DStoudamire,@JLin7

Lots of ways 2look @start of @jlin7 career. Another1: only 7 plyrs since 90 have 8+ all-around gms of 20pts/5ast/2reb/2stl in 1st 45 starts

LOL... Yes.. Normal average players do what JLIN did in the NBA every week as you claimed.

Reaction Score
First, you completely underrate Lin athletically. Not surprising because everyone does because he is Asian.
I know you're a troll, so I shouldn't bother responding. But this is the second time you've accused me of this, and it's not true. In fact, I've never once brought up his Asian heritage or claimed that he wasn't a good athlete.

I know Lin is a terrific athlete - I vividly remember him blocking a Dyson layup/dunk attempt in college, during which I was directly behind the basket.

You're the one who seems to think it's an insult to say someone doesn't have the athleticism of Russell Westbrook or (a healthy) Derrick Rose. Here's a duck*ing newsflash: NO other point guard in the history of the NBA has/ everhad the athleticism those two possess. They are freaks of nature.

Reaction Score
I know you're a troll, so I shouldn't bother responding. But this is the second time you've accused me of this, and it's not true. In fact, I've never once brought up his Asian heritage or claimed that he wasn't a good athlete.

I know Lin is a terrific athlete - I vividly remember him blocking a Dyson layup/dunk attempt in college, during which I was directly behind the basket.

You're the one who seems to think it's an insult to say someone doesn't have the athleticism of Russell Westbrook or (a healthy) Derrick Rose. Here's a duck*ing newsflash: NO other point guard in the history of the NBA has/ everhad the athleticism those two possess. They are freaks of nature.

Not trying to say Lin is better athlete than Westbrook or Rose, but he is clearly well above average in the NBA in terms of quickness and first step. He was tested quicker than Rose in his pre-draft BAM tests. In fact, he tested faster than Wall, Rose and Irving. Watching him play, it is clear he can blow by pretty much all the players 1 and 1 if he wants to.

There are other things Lin does well many people don't get him credit for. He is much better rebounder than most PGs. He got a great court vision and can really pass and assist. He would have 2-4 more assists per game if he had a big man that can finish better than Asik. He is also an excellent at steals and creating turnovers. While these things don't show up on stat sheets, they do help the team win. He is also unselfish to a fault which is probably why he hasn't up monster numbers playing with the Rockets. He goes out of the way to set up his teammates so far. In order for him to be more dominate, he has to do what he did when he was in NYC which is to attack much more and create for his teammates vs. sitting in the corner waiting for Harden to pass and be a spot up shooter.

This is why it is laughable when people put all kind of label on him when he is essentially playing his rookie season. Nansayers on this board brought this forum back up because Lin had a slow start this season. Right on que, he delivered a monster game with Harden out of the lineup. People that claim he is normal or average obviously haven't seen this kid play. In the end, I really doubt anyone who really knows his ceiling. People that claim they do really don't know what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom