Knicks let Lin go to the Rockets | The Boneyard

Knicks let Lin go to the Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what do you guys think? i don't the get idea of jeremy lin, he just seems really average to me, below average actually. but i don't know if the knicks made the right decision.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
what do you guys think? i don't the get idea of jeremy lin, he just seems really average to me, below average actually. but i don't know if the knicks made the right decision.
i think he can develop into a good pg, but has to have the right fit and with melo, that was not going to work

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One way or another the Lin story was not going to end well in New York imo. Better to end it now than to overpay for a player who, to the extent he is going to excel, was not likely to do so with this roster and coach. I like the story and I hope he does well in Houston, and the Knicks certainly didn't get any better--or more likeable--in the process; but at least this soap opera is over. Time to move on to the next one. Maybe next time Dolan can maim a few puppies and kittens while running over the body of the biggest fan favorite his franchise has seen in at least a decade.

Reaction Score
Dolan better not order any of his food in chinatown

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Knicks are the best. They don't offer the guy a contract, telling him to shop around. He does, gets a good offer, the Knicks don't match and they call HIM disloyal.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm glad that he and the Linsanity circus has left town. He was cleared to play in the playoffs and chose not to because of how badly the Heat exposed him prior to the all star break. Great business move for him, but it pissed off the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Knicks are the best. They don't offer the guy a contract, telling him to shop around. He does, gets a good offer, the Knicks don't match and they call HIM disloyal.
Aren't you the one who's been saying that Lin orchestrated this so that he could get out of New York and away from Melo? Pick and theme and stay with it.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Aren't you the one who's been saying that Lin orchestrated this so that he could get out of New York and away from Melo? Pick and theme and stay with it.

He's an habitual flip flopper going back to the scout boards.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
This was a no brainer all the way around. I don't know if Lin will be develop or if he was just a flash in the pan, but there's no way it was happening in New York. It just doesn't make any sense to gamble what the Knicks had to gamble to see if Lin could develop into a serviceable player...

Reaction Score
Lin's price was never going to be any higher. Either he keeps up his performance from last year and is an above-average, but turnover-prone point guard, and worth the contract, or he reverts back to being a bench player and is grossly overpaid. Houston is paying him for what appears to be his ceiling.

Also keep in mind that most teams never saw him more than once, and he did his thing over only a 6-week period.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

My two points are mutually exclusive, numbnuts.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Lin's price was never going to be any higher. Either he keeps up his performance from last year and is an above-average, but turnover-prone point guard, and worth the contract, or he reverts back to being a bench player and is grossly overpaid. Houston is paying him for what appears to be his ceiling.

Also keep in mind that most teams never saw him more than once, and he did his thing over only a 6-week period.

Exactly. He will be the main priority on scouting reports. They have Kevin Martin, but the Rockets aren't as talented a team as NY is this season. I hope Lamb can contribute early, they're going to need it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My two points are mutually exclusive, numbnuts.
Um, yes. That was my point. Thanks either for conceding it, or for establishing that you have no clue what "mutually exclusive" means. Not sure how that makes me the numbnuts, but there are plenty of other reasons why I may be, so I'll take it.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm glad that he and the Linsanity circus has left town. He was cleared to play in the playoffs and chose not to because of how badly the Heat exposed him prior to the all star break. Great business move for him, but it pissed off the organization.

Ummm, no?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...yoffs-new-york-knicks-jeremy-lin-ruled-game-5

"Mike Woodson said Jeremy Lin will not play in Game 5 of the team's series against the Miami Heat.
"He's out," Woodson said on Tuesday. "... He's just not ready."
When asked if Lin could return if the series reached a seventh game, Woodson said, "I don't think so. ... He wants to play, but again, if he's not ready there's not a whole lot can be done."

"The 23-year-old scrimmaged for the first time last week but complained of soreness in his knee the next day.
He worked out Monday and Tuesday with the hope of returning to the floor for Game 5, but he was not cleared to play by team doctors."

Reaction Score
Good for Lin, he just Travis Knighted himself to a very comfortable retirement. Walking Sunday past a stand chock full of fake Knick jerseys sporting Lin's name in English or Chinese characters, I thought that could be a lot of deep discounted shirts. Soon, they'll be replaced with Rockets' jerseys and worn by droves of Chinese, Chinese ethnic, and Asian fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Um, yes. That was my point. Thanks either for conceding it, or for establishing that you have no clue what "mutually exclusive" means. Not sure how that makes me the numbnuts, but there are plenty of other reasons why I may be, so I'll take it.

ADD: ...and not inconsistent. Better, NN?

Reaction Score
Tough luck for Chris Paul. That's the last all-star game he'll start.

But seriously, I think Lin got a bit of an unfair shake in the New York media over the last couple weeks. I certainly understand the skeptecism over whether he'll maintain his play from last season, but at the very least, the kid showed a lot of potential considering he's only 23-years-old.

Also, I understand a lot of people are suggesting he won't fit in with the Knicks, but what evidence are you using to support that claim? Sure, he won't be able to dominate the ball like he did with Melo out, but it's not like the kid wasn't a willing passer. He averaged 15 points and 6 assists last season in limited time, and 20 points and 8 assists per 36 minutes. You're telling me Lin will make a huge fuss out of getting Melo the ball in crunch time, or that a Melo/Lin pick and roll couldn't work? If you're basing your whole argument around the "the pieces don't fit" premise, then that doesn't reflect very well on Mike Woodson, now does it?

And what is it with this talk about how he's "surely reached his ceiling"? Again, what is that based on? He's played less than 100 games in his career, and during that time he's shown a knack for passing and scoring at a relatively efficient rate (44% FG, 19.8 PER).

Raymond Felton is an average player, at best, and last season he was brutal. In his career he has averaged 14 and 7 per 36 minutes while shooting 41% from the field to go along with a 14.2 PER. Certainly not overwhelming numbers there. I think the Knicks made a bad decision here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom