KML- 36 minutes- I think she answered anyone's qsts/doubters!!! | The Boneyard

KML- 36 minutes- I think she answered anyone's qsts/doubters!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
12 pts, 5 of 9 shooting, 6 Rebs, 2 steals, 2 assists- and she should have had 3-4 more assists! Passed the ball like Magic Johnson. And she looked like Hartley controlling the game many times during our half court offense. She was running the floor on defense as well as offense. I know she wasn't the story today, but she was superb as I have watched 2 more times. I hope we can close some of the "stuff" on the prior threads in the recent past. Because of her offensive capabilities, she like Stewie, help everyone on the floor just by being out there. Just sayin! Goin to bed- I'll shut up!!! Go Huskies!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I tend to agree with you completely. I need to watch the game again to focus on here, but there were several times she did things that made my jaw drop, esp on the defensive end. One play in the 2nd half, she disrupted the ND offense, what plowing after the ball fighting a ND player along the way, dove on the floor and almost got the ball. Great hustle play. And I also love her ball handling.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
More importantly KML moved constantly and everywhere on the court. She was a beast on D. She was disruptive, she was back quickly on breaks forcing the ball off of ballhandler, and was aggressive on O even when not getting her shot. A excellent game with a lot of non stat performance in it.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Everybody can't score 25+ in every game or we would have 125+ points at the end. Some one can; someone else is getting double teamed, etc. What I love about this team is :

1. Balance

and (not unrelated)

2. Four players who can step up and be the 25 point scorer in a given night, and Kay is one of them

3. The mystery Stokes

Reaction Score
12 pts, 5 of 9 shooting, 6 Rebs, 2 steals, 2 assists- and she should have had 3-4 more assists! Passed the ball like Magic Johnson. And she looked like Hartley controlling the game many times during our half court offense. She was running the floor on defense as well as offense. I know she wasn't the story today, but she was superb as I have watched 2 more times. I hope we can close some of the "stuff" on the prior threads in the recent past. Because of her offensive capabilities, she like Stewie, help everyone on the floor just by being out there. Just sayin! Goin to bed- I'll shut up!!! Go Huskies!
From your mouth to our ears I hope.

Reaction Score
Well said Geno-ista, well said. Going back to what was said and inferred about her in the Stanford thread is sort of embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Everybody can't score 25+ in every game or we would have 125+ points at the end... ...What I love about this team is :

....that we may do this by the season's end! (sorry I stole your post)

Reaction Score
Everybody can't score 25+ in every game or we would have 125+ points at the end... ...What I love about this team is :

....that we may do this by the season's end! (sorry I stole your post)

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys but with this team if neither Stewie nor KLM on the floor it makes me nervous as hell. Unless, it's the last 2 minutes we're up by 30.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
More importantly KML moved constantly and everywhere on the court. She was a beast on D. She was disruptive, she was back quickly on breaks forcing the ball off of ballhandler, and was aggressive on O even when not getting her shot. A excellent game with a lot of non stat performance in it.
Icebear- she was a beast on both ends of the floor is right- this starting five is something. And then the shot of adrenaline with Chong and Stokes coming off the bench- we really have something going. Gabby by March will give us a fantastic bench with depth! KML was everywhere yesterday, and she is tough , smart & cool.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys but with this team if neither Stewie nor KLM on the floor it makes me nervous as hell. Unless, it's the last 2 minutes we're up by 30.
Great point- and it won't happen a lot!!! We hope!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
PS The Stanford thread was embarrassing, period. I started reading it once, and put the whole thing on ignore after the first few messages in....

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
It is really nice to see this thread. Sometimes I find it a little strange how some react but maybe I shouldn't, it takes all sorts. Basketball is a game of match ups, for me it is fun to see how the chess game develops. Each player especially on Uconn has a job to do and when the game is flowing and you see those parts fit together, it is a joy to watch.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
It is really nice to see this thread. Sometimes I find it a little strange how some react but maybe I shouldn't, it takes all sorts. Basketball is a game of match ups, for me it is fun to see how the chess game develops. Each player especially on Uconn has a job to do and when the game is flowing and you see those parts fit together, it is a joy to watch.
well said Wallman--- they looked like a typical Uconn team yesterday. And it wasnt Stewie and KML putting them on their back- or having to put them on their back. Very encouraging and fun to watch. Like in the tmt in florida, only vs a top 5 team on the road, they looked like a well oiled machine for the most part.

Reaction Score

Amen Geno-ista! Being at the game Saturday allowed me to get a really good look at K for the whole game and I was extremely impressed! Actually, I will say I was actually amazed at how well she ran the floor and how it seemed she was everywhere all the time. She was amazing!!!!

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

Hopefully now you'll be less nervous, so long as Tuck is on the floor.

Reaction Score

Didn't Geno say she had a fantastic game

Reaction Score

Didn't Geno say she had a fantastic game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Very good points. You take what the defense gives you and they gave very little to KML and Stewie which allowed Nurse and Tuck to go off. Still looking at the stats KML and Stewie had very good games. You know that IF thread. Well the next time if there is a next time ND and UConn meet, well I think Geno puts a taller guard on Lloyd and UConn doesn't make 24 turnovers.

Hey this is a complete team. Geno is working on them getting things done quicker thus the reason for the TOs. I expect Saniya Gabby and Stokes to get more confidence as the season rolls on. This is the best team in WCBB and their aint nobody close right now.

Well now we get to watch our taped games for the next week and a half until we play DePaul UCLA St Johns and Duke. We also have 2 games home and away with SMU and some pretty good recruits checkin us out. An early verbal from 2 Texans or an Illini would be a great way to start off 2015.

Reaction Score
Hopefully now you'll be less nervous, so long as Tuck is on the floor.
Not really! Although she was impressive in the ND still don't like her outside shots, her shots are way to flat-footed, I would like to see her develop into a post player not a jump shooter. I'd also like to see her develop into a Jamelle Elliot type, be vocal and fight for every rebound there is in the paint.

Reaction Score
KML had a great game Saturday. It seemed like she was everywhere, very active game at both ends of the floor.

I don't know what more she could do to shut the doubters up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom