KLS and Napheesa, Heroes. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

KLS and Napheesa, Heroes.

Reaction Score
This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Where is the confirmation from the Athletic Dept or the players ?

May I remind you that Walz is sitting the 1st game out under suspension.

I would think that the case can easily be made for the player to sit for that tweet too.

And, BTW, talking tough and playing tough are 2 different things.
It is a hoax!

Reaction Score
It is a hoax!
I’d be shocked if it wasn’t.

If Weiner was the source they should go after her.

My rant was about the “good for her” crap.

We have how many NC’s and we need this crap ? Like there’s some part of it that’s good ?

Reaction Score
Google "fake instagram posts" and you get pages and pages of sites that create any fake instagram post you like.

Don't take this stuff at face value people.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
CBE2FBBC-ACB2-4CF9-8B18-087A85099338.png

From Lou’s IG and screenshotted with my own two hands...

Reaction Score
Then you're part of the problem.

That response, if accurate, belongs in the locker room, not on a tweet to the world. And in the locker room its great.

Out of touch with reality - hardly. This is the world today.

Play tough - not talk tough - make a freaking 3 with a body on you, and don't whine to the ref in the 4th when you've been knocked around the whole game without a call when everybody in the game knows that throws you off your shot. Geezus.

It's an insult to Louisville, who they lost to. - who she lost to.

Fans like to see this - because they think it means something. It means nothing, its talk.

I guess better that they use "freaking", or something else more politically correct, to express themselves. maybe you're not out of touch with reality, but you seem to have some memory lapse, when you question the toughness Pheesa and Katie Lou. one undersized, who has battled very successfully inside for 4 years against bigger opponents; the other showing fortitude and tenacity last year, playing through pain much of the year. both finishing among the top scorers in UConn history. maybe you have been following a different team the last few years. there is an insult here, but it's not Louisville that's insulted.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
E9221B6E-9A01-4992-9222-E9E00FF5A759.png

From Phee’s — same two hands.

Personally, I love that they’re pissed off and I’d bet dollars to donuts that Geno is, too. He’s always said they’re too nice and now they have a reason not to be.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the one and only message we get — everything else will said and proven on the court.

Reaction Score
View attachment 41100
From Phee’s — same two hands.

Personally, I love that they’re pissed off and I’d bet dollars to donuts that Geno is, too. He’s always said they’re too nice and now they have a reason not to be.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the one and only message we get — everything else will said and proven on the court.
PRINT THE LINK AND NOT A .JPG! I would like to check this myself because I have checked her ig many times and this is not there!!!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

If anyone is still struggling...

Reaction Score
This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Where is the confirmation from the Athletic Dept or the players ?

May I remind you that Walz is sitting the 1st game out under suspension.

I would think that the case can easily be made for the player to sit for that tweet too.

And, BTW, talking tough and playing tough are 2 different things.
This was on her IG page, not a tweet. And it is real, and it is still there. In any case it doesn't offend me at all, but it also wouldn't offend me if Lou sat one more game if, as Geno says, her shooting motion is 95% and her court movement is only back to 75%. We don't need her to smack Towson by 60.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Can I borrow this, it's great and it is exactly how I feel about the NCAA, and for especially putting us in the Albany region again. Plus, I am betting those 2 give zero $#*@&s what posters like "nuff sed" and that ilk, who joined in 2019 LMAO.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Then you're part of the problem.

That response, if accurate, belongs in the locker room, not on a tweet to the world. And in the locker room its great.

Out of touch with reality - hardly. This is the world today.

Play tough - not talk tough - make a freaking 3 with a body on you, and don't whine to the ref in the 4th when you've been knocked around the whole game without a call when everybody in the game knows that throws you off your shot. Geezus.

It's an insult to Louisville, who they lost to. - who she lost to.

Fans like to see this - because they think it means something. It means nothing, its talk.

You're entitled to you sense of propriety, and good for you to hold to your values.
But I take issues with the bolded part. Not much of a KLS fan, are you? More of a pretender.
Maybe we should take down DT's number from the wall. She wouldn't pass you lofty standards either.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
LOL

and I'm sure they don't find a bunch of old geezers using Lou's pic as their avatar creepy either

Wow, really going off the rails here.
1. Not a single poster in this thread use a pic of Lou as their avatar.
2. There are some who do use team members pics as avatars. So you have a problem with an older male admiring the grace, athleticism, personality, team spirit or work ethic of a young female athlete? If so this then you must believe that this board should be shut down immediately.
3. Evil (or creepiness) is sometimes in the mind of the beholder.
Nan does a superb job of policing this board for what you're implying.
You should step back and take a deep breath.

Reaction Score
You're entitled to you sense of propriety, and good for you to hold to your values.
But I take issues with the bolded part. Not much of a KLS fan, are you? More of a pretender.
Maybe we should take down DT's number from the wall. She wouldn't pass you lofty standards either.
Take issue with whatever you want -- I don't take issue with the sentiment that was expressed, if in fact she posted it, I take issue with posting it --- it was STUPID to post that, just plain STUPID

The FACT is ---- She went 5-13 against Louisville, with 12 pts from the floor, in a game where Durr and Evans went for 44. ---- yes, there was no help from Walker and Williams ---- but that was not a clutch performance - and on defense as well.

They lost the game. That's why they're a 2 seed. -- and that's why posting that was stupid.

Beat Louisville first - then say whatever you want.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Take issue with whatever you want -- I don't take issue with the sentiment that was expressed, if in fact she posted it, I take issue with posting it --- it was STUPID to post that, just plain STUPID

The FACT is ---- She went 5-13 against Louisville, with 12 pts from the floor, in a game where Durr and Evans went for 44. ---- yes, there was no help from Walker and Williams ---- but that was not a clutch performance - and on defense as well.

They lost the game. That's why they're a 2 seed. -- and that's why posting that was stupid.

Beat Louisville first - then say whatever you want.

So you go from (from your perspective) defending KLS from fake posts to turning on her and critiquing her performance in one game... all because you now believe it authentic and are disappointed by the tweet?

You'll have to forgive, me sometimes I'm a little slow with the warning signs, I've got to tune up my Troll detector.

Reaction Score
Just thinking, this song was released in 2000 and was a smash hit. One of the lyrics is:

So will the real Shady please stand up
And put one of those fingers on each hand up?
And be proud to be outta your mind and outta control
And one more time, loud as you can, how does it go?

It's 2019, if the IG is true who gives a damn? Need some attitude this time.

Reaction Score
So you go from (from your perspective) defending KLS from fake posts to turning on her and critiquing her performance in one game... all because you now believe it authentic and are disappointed by the tweet?

You'll have to forgive, me sometimes I'm a little slow with the warning signs, I've got to tune up my Troll detector.
No - I hope its fake, my comments were a response to those defending it as it were authentic.

Turning on her --- what's that ? --- she's supposed to be immune from criticism ??? Why ?

And its not 1 game. Its clear, getting physical on her is the way to take her out of her game. I don't think that's debatable -- she's mugged every game. Make her score 2's instead of 3's. -- Is that not what we've been seeing ? or are opposing coaches and players not supposed to play that way ? Bad on them ?

Trolling ? -- the tweet is a troll, dissing the #1 seed that you lost to is not smart --- oh, but it was directed to the committee --- no diff --- you're knocking the 1 seed selection

And I'm the disloyal nut case fan ? C'mon, get real. It's classless, and that's what your cheering for ? And this has always been a class act program.

Biting your tongue is the correct response, and go out and play and win. In a bracket with Louisville as the 1, the "finger" has not been earned.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For starters, I agree 100% with the numerous people who posted versions of "good for Lou and Phee". They are pissed, and whether anyone agrees or not, they have a right to their feelings. As for posting what they did on IG or wherever it is, again GOOD FOR THEM. Thus far this season, the only person I've consistently seen play with a chip on her shoulder (or edge or whatever you want to call it) is pint-sized Crystal Dangerfield. So I'm THRILLED Lou and Phee are "coming out" as pissed with an edge.

I get that people may disagree with what they posted, but one or more posters crossed the line IMHO. There are MANY UCONN fans who have had photos on their avatars over the years of players they have supported. From Maya to Tina to KML to Lou to Phee etc etc. I couldn't care less the reason people have those pictures as their avatar (some are fans, some from players' home towns, some may even know players or their families, and some may even BE family members). Unless they are naked, WTF is the issue with it? Go check out the guys board - many posters have Ray or Khalid or Kemba or any other UCONN great as their avatar. You gonna run over there and call them creepers too? Yeesh on the Pearl Clutch Brigade.

Lastly, and related but not mentioned yet, the simple fact is that the world of WCBB has changed over recent years. My understanding is that Geno realizes this and knows he needs to change up his recruiting again (like he did after losing Sherwood, Wright and Robinson - he started recruiting kids as sophomores). Kids are ALL OVER social media. Parents are very involved with their kids careers. MANY more kids have tats and other various personal adornments on their bodies. Times-a-changing and I believe Geno and CD will change with it.

Not only do I believe no line was crossed by the players, but I bet that Geno and CD privately support Lou and Phee. Not because Geno has publicly said as much, but because it's evidence of some much needed attitude and edge from his 2 senior leaders.

Honestly, the team who should be most pissed by the seedings is L'ville. It remains to be seen how UCONN does in the NCAA's this year, but poke the bear, and risk being eaten alive. GO UCONN!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I don’t wanna hear that business. If that is all it was, then Louisville wouldn’t have a #1 seed after losing to Notre Dame TWICE and then to unranked Miami.

If UConn lost to UCF, they’d be like a #4 in Portland.

Reaction Score
I personally love it! Why pretend like you aren’t offended? They were flat out disrespected. To say the other 1’s are playing better than them? Louisville just lost by 20! AND to say some other 1s had a better “full body of work”? Mississippi Staye had a far worse RPI & lost to Oregon & a Mizzou team that isn’t even ranked in any polls.

UConn as the “underdog” with 2 of the top 10 players in the country & a supporting that are all playing their best basketball of the season? Bring it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom