KLS and Napheesa, Heroes. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

KLS and Napheesa, Heroes.

Reaction Score
This picture, tweet, or whatever is not currently found on KLS's or Napheesa's Instagram or Twitter accounts. If it did exist, it's been removed. Beware of false accounts set up in a player's name. I saw this with another UCONN player last year (doesn't matter who) so it does happen. Often it's a fan and it's not likely the player knows what's going on.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
This picture, tweet, or whatever is not currently found on KLS's or Napheesa's Instagram or Twitter accounts. If it did exist, it's been removed. Beware of false accounts set up in a player's name. I saw this with another UCONN player last year (doesn't matter who) so it does happen. Often it's a fan and it's not likely the player knows what's going on.

It’s still there but on their IG stories, not with their main posts. I posted a video earlier...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm filing this as FAKE NEWS or a tasteless joke.

Anybody retweeting this is not a UConn fan I would want to associate with.

Natalie Weiner is an absolute idiot from Bleacher Report.
A real hot dog,eh?

Reaction Score
This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Where is the confirmation from the Athletic Dept or the players ?

May I remind you that Walz is sitting the 1st game out under suspension.

I would think that the case can easily be made for the player to sit for that tweet too.

And, BTW, talking tough and playing tough are 2 different things.
Walz is sitting for publically discussing certain referee calls made during last year's FF, which is against NCAA rules.
I didn't realize that social media posts were against NCAA rules if the subject matter is not against the rules.

Reaction Score
This picture, tweet, or whatever is not currently found on KLS's or Napheesa's Instagram or Twitter account. If it did exist, it's been removed. Beware of false accounts set up in a player's name. I saw this with another UCONN player last year (doesn't matter who) so it does happen. Often it's a fan and it's not likely the player knows what's going on.
Yes it is

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that this thread will be locked shortly which is too bad.

For starters, I agree 100% with the numerous people who posted versions of "good for Lou and Phee". They are pissed, and whether anyone agrees or not, they have a right to their feelings. As for posting what they did on IG or wherever it is, again GOOD FOR THEM. Thus far this season, the only person I've consistently seen play with a chip on her shoulder (or edge or whatever you want to call it) is pint-sized Crystal Dangerfield. So I'm THRILLED Lou and Phee are "coming out" as pissed with an edge.

I get that people may disagree with what they posted, but one or more posters crossed the line IMHO. There are MANY UCONN fans who have had photos on their avatars over the years of players they have supported. From Maya to Tina to KML to Lou to Phee etc etc. I couldn't care less the reason people have those pictures as their avatar (some are fans, some from players' home towns, some may even know players or their families, and some may even BE family members). Unless they are naked, WTF is the issue with it? Go check out the guys board - many posters have Ray or Khalid or Kemba or any other UCONN great as their avatar. You gonna run over there and call them creepers too? Yeesh on the Pearl Clutch Brigade.

Lastly, and related but not mentioned yet, the simple fact is that the world of WCBB has changed over recent years. My understanding is that Geno realizes this and knows he needs to change up his recruiting again (like he did after losing Sherwood, Wright and Robinson - he started recruiting kids as sophomores). Kids are ALL OVER social media. Parents are very involved with their kids careers. MANY more kids have tats and other various personal adornments on their bodies. Times-a-changing and I believe Geno and CD will change with it.

Not only do I believe no line was crossed by the players, but I bet that Geno and CD privately support Lou and Phee. Not because Geno has publicly said as much, but because it's evidence of some much needed attitude and edge from his 2 senior leaders.

Honestly, the team who should be most pissed by the seedings is L'ville. It remains to be seen how UCONN does in the NCAA's this year, but poke the bear, and risk being eaten alive. GO UCONN!!
point taken --- I will delete it

I responded inappropriately to an individual poster to what I perceived was a personal attack.

You are correct, it was over the line.

The creepy reference was uncalled for. I apologize to those I offended.

Edit: It was already deleted, as it should have been, FYI

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Interesting. Not familiar with IG stories.

It’s what you see when you click on an IG user’s profile picture. The post goes up for 24 hours and then disappears, and if someone you’re following has something you haven’t seen on their story, they’ll have an orange and purple ring around their picture.

Reaction Score
It’s what you see when you click on an IG user’s profile picture. The post goes up for 24 hours and then disappears, and if someone you’re following has something you haven’t seen on their story, they’ll have an orange and purple ring around their picture.

Thanks for the help but I did as you said and nothing but a blank black space. Maybe you have to have an account, which is something I refuse to have. I'm proud to call myself a "geezer" and have gotten through life just fine without social media. Worked in a school for 20 years and it created more problems among students than it was worth. Case in point.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Thanks for the help but I did as you said and nothing but a blank black space. Maybe you have to have an account, which is something I refuse to have. I'm proud to call myself a "geezer" and have gotten through life just fine without social media. Worked in a school for 20 years and it created more problems among students than it was worth. Case in point.

I posted this way above, but here it is again. I went through and captured my screen as I pulled it up...

I am in the camp of folks who loved that Lou posted this and Pheesa reposted.

Get mad. Get even.

If anyone is still struggling...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
point taken --- I will delete it

I responded inappropriately to an individual poster to what I perceived was a personal attack.

You are correct, it was over the line.

The creepy reference was uncalled for. I apologize to those I offended.

Edit: It was already deleted, as it should have been, FYI
Nicely said! Passions run high among UCONN fans, that's for sure!! :D

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I posted this way above, but here it is again. I went through and captured my screen as I pulled it up...

I am in the camp of folks who loved that Lou posted this and Pheesa reposted.

Get mad. Get even.

1553040064459.png

Reaction Score
Take issue with whatever you want -- I don't take issue with the sentiment that was expressed, if in fact she posted it, I take issue with posting it --- it was STUPID to post that, just plain STUPID

The FACT is ---- She went 5-13 against Louisville, with 12 pts from the floor, in a game where Durr and Evans went for 44. ---- yes, there was no help from Walker and Williams ---- but that was not a clutch performance - and on defense as well.

They lost the game. That's why they're a 2 seed. -- and that's why posting that was stupid.

Beat Louisville first - then say whatever you want.
And you’re mad for what??? These young ladies are seniors on their way out the door. Nothing wrong with the post...who’s to say that they weren’t told to post it. Nobody knows and quite frankly it’s nobody’s concern. I love the fire that’s been lit. Also there no guarantee that Louisville will make it that far the same for UCONN. One game at a time is the only motto to live by right now. Get over it and let’s move on. Neither Pheesa nor Lou is dwelling on it. What was said was said...only thing left to do is show and prove.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I would really love some of the psychic koolaide some folks have been drinking. Not only are some filled with such disdain because of their psychic powers that they know what a quote means on an IG story but they then use that psychic koolaide to jump to conclusions about all kinds of pent up anger that they hold against a player. Quite the trip.

Reaction Score
Real or not, Lou is a fighter. Her injuries come from battling. The woman who pulled herself from the floor uttering, they're ******* dirty doesn't take **** off anyone. What is tournament record for threes?
Hopefully whatever Lou wants it to be. We're going to need her outside shooting more than ever to win the whole thing.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Take issue with whatever you want -- I don't take issue with the sentiment that was expressed, if in fact she posted it, I take issue with posting it --- it was STUPID to post that, just plain STUPID

The FACT is ---- She went 5-13 against Louisville, with 12 pts from the floor, in a game where Durr and Evans went for 44. ---- yes, there was no help from Walker and Williams ---- but that was not a clutch performance - and on defense as well.

They lost the game. That's why they're a 2 seed. -- and that's why posting that was stupid.

Beat Louisville first - then say whatever you want.
ENOUGH! We ALL got your point. Most of us are fine with her spirit of saying what she wants ON HER INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT. She did not direct it at a specific person and your incessant carping about makes YOU the person with low character. It’s sports, it’s entertainment and it’s competitive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom