KLS and Napheesa, Heroes. | The Boneyard

KLS and Napheesa, Heroes.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 12.14.16 AM.png

Reaction Score
Shame. CD has worked for years to make this a class team. The team with the most class in WCBB. I suspect if this were from our 2 greats, even they would sit against Towson.
College sports has no hero's. Standouts, amazing plays/players.

Reaction Score
Shame. CD has worked for years to make this a class team. The team with the most class in WCBB. I suspect if this were from our 2 greats, even they would sit against Towson.
College sports has no hero's. Standouts, amazing plays/players.

"Class" got us tight performances and no heroics in the last two Final Fours. I'll take some attitude and edge.

That said, I would be very surprised if this turned out to be real.

Reaction Score
Disappointing!

Only if they fall short in the tourney. :D Close field this year - if they're gonna be edgier after the results of the previous two years, I ain't complaining. Could be the needed difference.

Reaction Score
I'm filing this as FAKE NEWS or a tasteless joke.

Anybody retweeting this is not a UConn fan I would want to associate with.

Natalie Weiner is an absolute idiot from Bleacher Report.

Reaction Score
UCONN players are not allowed to tweet during the season, presumably with each other as well. I doubt this is real. It hardly seems indicative of Napheesa 's character as we have come to know her.

Reaction Score
If one wanted to check whether this was real or not, they could do it easily enough. Make a free Instagram account and navigate to one of their "Stories" feeds (no need to follow or otherwise interact with them).

But one thing to keep in mind: people haven't changed over the last few decades. The only thing that has changed is that social media has in ways subtle and unsubtle made public what once would have been just in a locker room.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UCONN players are not allowed to tweet during the season, presumably with each other as well. I doubt this is real. It hardly seems indicative of Napheesa 's character as we have come to know her.

It was just mentioned on Golic and Wingo as an aside (and a big thumbs up in the frat boy mentality) to Rebecca Lobo so I doubt it was a hoax. :confused::confused::confused:

Not to highlight this more than it needs to be but it has already been pointed out that that Lou's post bracket presser was very serious and she was not her bubbly self. I am wondering if it is possible that Lou got reprimanded??? Not sure of the time line???

Reaction Score
I for one love it. This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Our players are always going to take the court in a professional manner, speak eloquently to the media, show true sportsmanship, and overall carry themselves with dignity. I like that this post shows some fire and emotion from our Senior leaders. We have a tough path in the tournament & I like to see that our seniors are fired up.

As for the idea of Lou being reprimanded, I highly highly doubt that. If that were true, she probably would have removed the post. Her attitude to me shows that they feel snubbed and are ready to prove people wrong.

Reaction Score
Welp, looks like it's true. Now, is it about the NCAA, who knows??

Reaction Score
I for one love it. This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Our players are always going to take the court in a professional manner, speak eloquently to the media, show true sportsmanship, and overall carry themselves with dignity. I like that this post shows some fire and emotion from our Senior leaders. We have a tough path in the tournament & I like to see that our seniors are fired up.

As for the idea of Lou being reprimanded, I highly highly doubt that. If that were true, she probably would have removed the post. Her attitude to me shows that they feel snubbed and are ready to prove people wrong.
This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Where is the confirmation from the Athletic Dept or the players ?

May I remind you that Walz is sitting the 1st game out under suspension.

I would think that the case can easily be made for the player to sit for that tweet too.

And, BTW, talking tough and playing tough are 2 different things.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For those who may have forgotten, when Geno was being celebrated a few years ago, late in a game for achieving some coaching milestone, Lou, who was on the bench during mop-up time, turned to Geno and said, “You suck!” Geno subsequently burst into laughter.

It should not come as a surprise that Lou can be as irreverent as her HC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At the start of the season, I suggested a comparison between an underappreciated Husky team and the fictional Cleveland Indian team from Major League, when Tom Berenger gives his stirring locker room speech after learning that the owner wants the team to fail so she can get rid of all the players and move the team to Miami.

Berenger remarks, “There’s only one thing left to do. Win the whole _______ thing.” I believe Lou’s Instagram post was sent in that same spirit.

Reaction Score
This is not a hoax, it was posted by Lou & then re-posted by Napheesa.

Where is the confirmation from the Athletic Dept or the players ?

May I remind you that Walz is sitting the 1st game out under suspension.

I would think that the case can easily be made for the player to sit for that tweet too.

And, BTW, talking tough and playing tough are 2 different things.

If you don't think these two play tough, you apparently have been following a different team the last 4 years.

Reaction Score
Can't believe the out-of-touch with reality of some posters here. Absolutely the kind of response I would hope for. I love it. Way to go, Katie Lou and Pheesa! Now go and bury that regional.
Then you're part of the problem.

That response, if accurate, belongs in the locker room, not on a tweet to the world. And in the locker room its great.

Out of touch with reality - hardly. This is the world today.

Play tough - not talk tough - make a freaking 3 with a body on you, and don't whine to the ref in the 4th when you've been knocked around the whole game without a call when everybody in the game knows that throws you off your shot. Geezus.

It's an insult to Louisville, who they lost to. - who she lost to.

Fans like to see this - because they think it means something. It means nothing, its talk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like it or hate it, it's not really that big a deal. If you think this was inappropriate, fine, but if you participate in the twitter universe you're probably going to screw up once in a while. To me this is not specific or direct enough to have crossed a line. I cannot imagine a suspension for something like this. However, I can imagine CD having some words with Lou.

Reaction Score
Then you're part of the problem.

That response, if accurate, belongs in the locker room, not on a tweet to the world. And in the locker room its great.

Out of touch with reality - hardly. This is the world today.

Play tough - not talk tough - make a freaking 3 with a body on you, and don't whine to the ref in the 4th when you've been knocked around the whole game without a call when everybody in the game knows that throws you off your shot. Geezus.

It's an insult to Louisville, who they lost to. - who she lost to.

Fans like to see this - because they think it means something. It means nothing, its talk.

This was posted on her Instagram account as part of her "story". She wasn't insinuating that she was disrespected by Louisville...if i'm correct, she was saying it to the NCAA committee. Basically we're telling these ladies, "we can get mad, pissed, or get angry but you guys can't bc its beneath you.” They have more stake at this than ALL OF US combined. Stop treating them like girls and treat them like athletes.....they can get mad too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like it or hate it, it's not really that big a deal. If you think this was inappropriate, fine, but if you participate in the twitter universe you're probably going to screw up once in a while. To me this is not specific or direct enough to have crossed a line. I cannot imagine a suspension for something like this. However, I can imagine CD having some words with Lou.
It isn't real people!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom