Kisunas released from LOI | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Kisunas released from LOI

Reaction Score
Don't be so dramatic. Nobody said he was a clone of Lamb. I mentioned him in that I hoped he could eventually become Jeremy Lamb-lite. Which is not the same thing. He is smooth like Lamb, good bounce, can handle a little, has a soft looking shot, and is rangy for his weight. Reminiscent. There is some potential there.

I'm certainly not crying we lost him.

lol, "rangy for his weight", nice euphemism.

We're moving beyond the stick-figure archetype, thank God.

Reaction Score

So you didn’t see the 2 we offered yesterday then. Not lots of bulging muscles there.

Reaction Score
Essentially. He went there to watch and evaluate Kisunas. Saw what he had to see and made his decision.

Exactly. Hurley said he wanted to go somewhere that he could get 4 and 5 star recruits. He assessed what KO was bringing in with Matthews & Kisunas and politely said no thanks. Hurley knows what the standards are for this program and he is aiming higher.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know it is apples and oranges but this reminds me of football discussions last year when folks thought just by getting a new coach, we could make a bowl game. We found out talent was not there and it is a total rebuild. I think we will find the same thing here. There is nobody on this team except for Adams - who my gut thinks he will not be back - with real talent. Gilbert is a bit of a wild card. He cannot be counted on to play a full season or even to play at the level he did when he was recruited. Everyone else, I am sure, including these 3 recruits have some decent qualities but are at best bench players for any decent team, let alone a final four team. Not sure what folks see in players like Polley, Whaley, etc. Someone compared Polley to DeAndre Daniels? I think it is going to be a long couple of years for us and I will say the same thing I said about football - I will be happy if/when we can compete in the AAC - win tournament championships and make the NCAA's for now. If/when we get back to Final Fours, it will be gravy. We may never get back there given how hard that is and our conference, etc. but hope DH can prove me wrong. My guess DH knows next year will be a rebuild and he is probably already looking forward to 2019/2020.

Wilson has real talent. He'd play on any UCONN team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Well if they can play, I'll take them. Jeremy Lamb was 6'5 180. You'd take that kid on any team any day.

Reaction Score
Essentially. He went there to watch and evaluate Kisunas. Saw what he had to see and made his decision.
Hmmm, that almost sounds like an impermissable workout. Don't think so. We can agree to disagree on this.

Reaction Score
Well if they can play, I'll take them. Jeremy Lamb was 6'5 180. You'd take that kid on any team any day.
That's a guard. Guards can get away with being a little bit on the slender side and not as muscular, when you're talkin fours and five you better have a little bit of beef down low if you really want to be good. There are obviously exceptions to the rule like Marcus Camby but they are few and far between.

Reaction Score
He is ranked the 25th best player in New England by New England Recruiting Report, the foremost recruiting service
covering New England High schools and Prep schools.

Reaction Score
That's fine, but you're making this thing out to be more complicated than it actually is...and I don't think you know what an impermissible workout is.
No I do not. There is plenty of film available. Wouldn't need to make a special trip.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked no one stayed but I still trust Hurley will get good recruits. Remember Hurley got great recruits to go to URI. He’s still getting his feet wet. Let’s wait and see how he does.

I wish Lukas the best.
Maybe his recruits from URI will follow him here.

Reaction Score
Hurley's going to evaluate what's going to work for his program.

I'm not sure what the deal is on Akinjo, and I'm not all that familiar with the details of Matthews, but from all indications - Hurley pretty clearly had less than no interest in Kisunas. Worked him out, said 'meh' and on we go.

There's a size problem in the program, but there's also a toughness problem. And what'll happen is pretty straight forward. Some kids will stay and do really, really, really well with Hurley. Some kids will stay and squeeze some basketball out of themselves and help a bit. Some will 9-5 it and will stay because they can for a year - but ultimately ride the end of the bench. Then there's a gaggle of kids who will quit/be let go/asked not to come back/de-commit. My feeling based on watching these kids the past two years is more will be towards the later category. All seemingly good kids - but this guy seems pretty laser focused in terms of what and who he wants on the team and what kinds of players he wants. And I've got a feeling that the kinds of players he wants are going to be about as far away from being the type of player Kevin Ollie liked as possible..

Reaction Score
Except he has never really done anything off the ball in 3 years.
Do you really want JA as the primary ball handler next season? Look at his assists or lack there of. I'd like to see him in a Ben Gordon roll: fill in at PG but play a scoring guard off the ball . He can still drive and create shots from that position without having to play close to 40 mins a game..

Reaction Score
If we're moving on from Kisunas and Matthews to clear room for better players, then the optimism in this thread is justified. But we're going to need to actually sign those better players, be it late decommits like Harris or grad transfers. Don't tell me this is about leaving them open for 2019. Worst case scenario if you're Hurley, Ollie's guys stay and then you're essentially in the same spot a year from now except those players have to transfer. Sounds harsh but that's the business.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom