Kimani: Calcaterra "by far the best shooter we have right now" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kimani: Calcaterra "by far the best shooter we have right now"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All this summer stuff is meaningless.
I fully expected him to be the best shooter. I also fully expect him to be the worst defender. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
You read the quote from Jackson saying how he enjoys playing alongside him. Two areas- transition 3's and drive and dish 3's from Jackson to Calcaterra. We saw the transition 3 pass from Jackson to an already squared up Calcaterra for a 3 ball in the scrimmage video the other day.
The transition 3 with AJ feeding Polley felt like it was going in every time we got that shot.

Reaction Score
Off season coach-speak is the best. Can't wait for the Springs article about how he's playing his way into meaningful minutes. And, of course, Justin Brown is due to start at the 5.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Talking about that NM ST makes me queezy.
College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
Just make some threes in March and we're good
It’s always helpful and making them during the season doesn’t guarantee either. That’s why you need Kemba and Bazz, Boat and Giffey types on your squad.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s always helpful and making them during the season doesn’t guarantee either. That’s why you need Kemba and Bazz, Boat and Giffey types on your squad.
IIRC, Giffey's great 3-pt shooting senior year came out of nowhere. I kept waiting for him to revert to the mean and he never did. To KY's dismay especially. So the hope is always there for someone to make the leap.

Reaction Score
I’m normally not one to blame the outcome on bad luck but that was ridiculous.

They were well contested too
I think someone posted that the "expected score" for NMSU based on the quality of their looks was like 15 points lower than their actual score. This was a high-volume, bad-shooting team that for one night was a high-volume, good-shooting team. And we still should have won.

Reaction Score
IIRC, Giffey's great 3-pt shooting senior year came out of nowhere. I kept waiting for him to revert to the mean and he never did. To KY's dismay especially. So the hope is always there for someone to make the leap.
His senior season in retrospect was quite odd.

He shot 48% from 3 on the season, the best in program history, after shooting 30% the year prior. His magnum opus being the 6-8 from 3 performance against Memphis in the AAC tournament finishing with I believe a career high 24 points.

He then proceeded to be ice cold for the entirety of the NCAA tournament excluding the National Championship going 3-15 from 3 (20%) including 0-5 against MSU (I distinctly remember him missing wide open looks that game). Then in the title game snapped back to 2-4 from distance to help secure the championship.

Just a fascinating arc for his career and that season.

Reaction Score
His senior season in retrospect was quite odd.

He shot 48% from 3 on the season, the best in program history, after shooting 30% the year prior. His magnum opus being the 6-8 from 3 performance against Memphis in the AAC tournament finishing with I believe a career high 24 points.

He then proceeded to be ice cold for the entirety of the NCAA tournament excluding the National Championship going 3-15 from 3 (20%) including 0-5 against MSU (I distinctly remember him missing wide open looks that game). Then in the title game snapped back to 2-4 from distance to help secure the championship.

Just a fascinating arc for his career and that season.
I think Joey is going to benefit from having better players around him.. Quality of shots in rhythm in his spots will happen more frequently and I think it will be reflected in his percentages.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom