Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 852 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I will admit I have zero knowledge of how that works. So wouldn’t that mean every market gets ACCN as well? Or is it just a northeast thing because of ESPN being located in Bristol?
Don't know but I've always gotten it.

Reaction Score
Utah did not want to go to the B12 . The last place they want to be is in a conference with is BYU . At the time they had a gun to their heads
If they knew then that the ACC was an option. The ACC could have gotten them plus the Arizona schools. Even U of A would have bought in .
I really don’t think it’s grasped back East in what disrespect the PAC schools had for many of the B12 schools. . The ACC from a peer prospective is a much better fit for these largely AAU schools. The Big 12 would be on shaky ground if they did that .
Yeah Utah and ASU were both dragged kicking and screaming. Utah especially. Their football coaches press conference about it was how they'll be in the Big 10 soon and that the Big XII was just temporary. Their arrogance is umatched.

This would be really good news for us because it obviously opens up another spot in the Big XII but it also could cause some more dominoes and multiple landing spots.

It makes a ton of sense for the ACC if they want to go to pods and expand more to keep the conference alive in the face of defections.

Reaction Score
Utah had a choice. It could have opted out of a Big 12 offer and served as the nucleus of a rejuvenated but watered-down Pac 12. Would it be happier as a geographic outlier in the ACC than in the Big 12? I don't know.

Reaction Score
I truly think if there is any truth to this Utah stuff, it’s simply that they do not want to be in a conference with BYU.

To be honest, if UConn were to be invited to the B12, I would be least excited about being associated with BYU as well

Reaction Score
I think Utah in the Big 12 is the right conference. Utah was a past member of the WAC with BYU, Arizona, and Arizona St. BYU and Utah have played 100 times. Utah was in the MWC with TCU and BYU. Utah was in the Pac 12 with Arizona, Arizona St., and Colorado. Utah is rated the #115 university by US News. and it would be the second lowest rated ACC school after Louisville.

Reaction Score
Utah if i remember was the only school to not sign the Big12s GOR., but the move would make zero sense for them. They have their hopes on getting a B1G invite it seems.

CL82

Reaction Score
Utah if i remember was the only school to not sign the Big12s GOR., but the move would make zero sense for them. They have their hopes on getting a B1G invite it seems.
How was signing the GOR optional for them?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
How was signing the GOR optional for them?
It’s not permanent. They have until something like August 1st to sign. It was part of their negotiations when they entered the league. They want a Big10 invite, but I’m not sure if they knew something or just hoping.

CL82

Reaction Score
It’s not permanent. They have until something like August 1st to sign. It was part of their negotiations when they entered the league. They want a Big10 invite, but I’m not sure if they knew something or just hoping.
Well that's kind of BS, since they essentially blocked UConn by talking that slot.

Reaction Score
Well that's kind of BS, since they essentially blocked UConn by talking that slot.
If these rumors have ANY kind of credibility we will find out soon enough if UConn was really next up like everyone suggested. Or would it be a PAC2 leftover or some other crappe.

CL82

Reaction Score
If these rumors have ANY kind of credibility we will find out soon enough if UConn was really next up like everyone suggested. Or would it be a PAC2 leftover or some other crappe.
I wonder about that. I also wonder if the perceived instability of the ACC would lead Big 12 presidents to look there.

On the other hand back to back national championships in a dominating fashion would certainly seem to bolster Yormark's argument for Connecticut. Plus given that he's already done a campus visit and we have already presumedly provided an application package so that much of the due diligence is already done, we become an easy plug and play.

Still, there was a publicly stated bias for existing P5, now P4, schools by big 12 presidents. That probably stacks the deck against us.

Don't get me wrong, I like the big east, but I like financial stability for our athletic department more.

Reaction Score
Why would the B1G want a school in a state with less people than CT?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Why would the B1G want a school in a state with less people than CT?
They don’t want to be in the Big12 so they don’t want to sign anything that keep them there if they can get out.

My assumption is that Utah is a not an option for the Big10 without another addition. Even then the chance is slim to none.

Reaction Score
So, the Big 10 is going to take Utah when they could get Stanford, Cal, UNC, Virginia, ... Not happening. And, Stanford and Cal are getting half shares in the ACC and SMU is getting zero media share, but Utah would get a full share? Or, take a half share from the ACC and reduce their conference payout by $15 million vs the Big 12. Not happening.

Reaction Score
Considering Utah very reluctantly went to the B12, there might be some truth to the smoke for this ACC move, especially when you consider that FSU and Clemson are bigger football draw than any B12 school and they get to rub shoulders with Stanford and Cal again from their P12 days.

For the ACC, it gets their network into another state which means more revenue to bridge the game to the P2

Reaction Score
The ACC just added SMU for free and Calford for almost nothing.

Utah is a full share member of the B12 which means $45MM between TV & CFP money, before hoops money kicks it up higher.

Where is the money coming from for Utah to go to ACC?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If (as suggested in a different thread) ESPN kicks additional cash in for this to happen they will then have overstepped their bounds to a massive level (while leaving little to no cover or deniability).

I imagine that a number of schools would then look into grounds for lawsuits against the worldwide leader.

This could get interesting.

Reaction Score
If (as suggested in a different thread) ESPN kicks additional cash in for this to happen they will then have overstepped their bounds to a massive level (while leaving little to no cover or deniability).

I imagine that a number of schools would then look into grounds for lawsuits against the worldwide leader.

This could get interesting.
And it appears that the CT governor and legislators have done absolutely nothing with ESPN re: UConn.

Reaction Score
The ACC just added SMU for free and Calford for almost nothing.

Utah is a full share member of the B12 which means $45MM between TV & CFP money, before hoops money kicks it up higher.

Where is the money coming from for Utah to go to ACC?
Utah really going to ACC? Is this news only based on one blogger?

Reaction Score
Utah did not want to go to the B12 . The last place they want to be is in a conference with is BYU . At the time they had a gun to their heads
If they knew then that the ACC was an option. The ACC could have gotten them plus the Arizona schools. Even U of A would have bought in .
I really don’t think it’s grasped back East in what disrespect the PAC schools had for many of the B12 schools. . The ACC from a peer prospective is a much better fit for these largely AAU schools. The Big 12 would be on shaky ground if they did that .

PAC 12 schools don’t want to be in a cornpone truck stop conference. They used to play in LA, now they play in Manhattan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom