Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 745 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say that. I said it’s a factor. just like geography is a factor. But for the fun of it sure here you go:
UConn Endowment: $600M
WVU Endowment: $900M
Louisville Endowment: $900M

And just a bit more:
SMU: 1.9 BILLION
Colorado: 1.53 BILLION
Arizona: 1.2 BILLION
Arizona State: 1.4 BILLION
Utah: 1.3 BILLION

Notice the outlier? Tell me again it’s not a factor.

This is just an indirect indicator of the fact that the State was very late in prioritizing UConn’s development and growth.

We’re late to the party.

Plus there is a bias against small northeastern states. These hayseeds don’t think we drive pickups and eat biscuits and gravy enough.

Reaction Score
The new ACC aka "A Clown Conference" looks awfully bad top to bottom in CBB. Anyone have any metrics on how the conferences looks using last year's net/kenpom rankings?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is just an indirect indicator of the fact that the State was very late in prioritizing UConn’s development and growth.

We’re late to the party.
Your last sentence is a key here. If Connecticut had been loading up with contributions while the stock market was "floating all boats" that endowment number would look a lot better.

Reaction Score
The new ACC aka "A Clown Conference" looks awfully bad top to bottom in CBB. Anyone have any metrics on how the conferences looks using last year's net/kenpom rankings?
what does bb have to do with this?

Reaction Score
what does bb have to do with this?

Nothing but that is fine. Give me the BE/Independent all day verses boring uncompetitive athletics. At some point the current distribution will change. It's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I don't really know who is left for the AAC to take - the CUSA is pretty brutal looking these days. MTSU/WKU?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UConn should at least attempt a football only invite.

I hate to say it - but that might happen. All depends what is said in the halls and behind closed doors at the ESPN Bowl/CFB industrial complex. We might have to join something as football only to keep post season access.

Last edited:

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score

the yarders were overwhelmingly against when I polled this subject

Reaction Score

As P5 conferences get bigger, scheduling them may become tougher.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I tend to agree we would be better suited finding a seat. I was sort of hoping for a CalFord/WSU/OSU frankenPAC though

Reaction Score
I hate to say it - but that might happen. All depends what is said in the halls and behind closed doors at the ESPN Bowl/CFB industrial complex. We might have to join something as football only to keep post season access.

You shouldn't hate to say it, it is vital for our future. We need to join a conference.

Reaction Score
This move probably means UConn football is done. It doesn't make sense to try anymore

Reaction Score
West Virginia is a poor state. So is Mississippi. But that’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that still draw in wealth and an active alumni base in a way that UConn never has.
UConn never took fundraising seriously until recently. It never made sense to me but we should sail past those schools soon in endowment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well, if we land in the AAC for football only and keep BB in the BE, then a very large number of BB heads in our fan base will be ecstatic. They will think we have a golden ticket. They will be happy.

Reaction Score
There isn't a P5 though. It's going to be a P2 in football so a lot of schools will eventually be in UConn's position.
And a lot of those schools should give up on the football dream too.

It's still insane to me that football means so much when it might be a dead sport in another generation or two. When popular gen z athletes start showing signs of CTE at 40 it's going to open a lot of eyes

Reaction Score
There isn't a P5 though. It's going to be a P2 in football so a lot of schools will eventually be in UConn's position.
Long way away from that and they will collect a lot of millions till then. We will not.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we end up in the AAC as football only then its probably safe to say our last conversations with the B12 and ACC were not very positive....ie - they offered no path.

Reaction Score
And a lot of those schools should give up on the football dream too.

It's still insane to me that football means so much when it might be a dead sport in another generation or two. When popular gen z athletes start showing signs of CTE at 40 it's going to open a lot of eyes
I wouldn't have a problem with it. Football sucks compared to what it was. All my favorite players were the guys who hit the hardest LT, Steve Atwater, John Lynch... They've basically legislated out the way those guys played and it's lost a lot of appeal for me.

The sport has already gone significantly more poor inner city and regional, it is getting more and more like boxing in terms of who plays. I don't know what Gen Z is into other than hanging out by themselves.

Reaction Score
Look, B10 realignment is not done, according to reports this week. That may free up spots in the ACC -- or the B12 may choose to expand further. I still think UConn could win at least eight games in football this year. If we do, and win a decent bowl game, we could be in the top 50 FBS teams. BB and baseball continue to excel. While realignment keeps on giving us fans a kick in the gut -- or even in a more sensitive spot -- there is hope. I think Mora, Hurley, Geno etc. know what they are doing.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say that. I said it’s a factor. just like geography is a factor. But for the fun of it sure here you go:
UConn Endowment: $600M
WVU Endowment: $900M
Louisville Endowment: $900M

And just a bit more:
SMU: 1.9 BILLION
Colorado: 1.53 BILLION
Arizona: 1.2 BILLION
Arizona State: 1.4 BILLION
Utah: 1.3 BILLION

Notice the outlier? Tell me again it’s not a factor.
Endowments mean practically nothing when it comes to state schools.

What matters more is state support.

And WV gets very little compared to UConn. WV, for instance, made national news as it went into huge debt for athletic facilities and a law school it recently built, and this forced it to close 20% of the school down and fire 20% of faculty through a retrenchment program. Basically, this school is the first state school we know of to implode. They completely got rid of their mathematics dept., computer science, mechanical engineering, 2/3rds of their English Dept, all languages, linguistics. Most of these programs were profitable.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom