Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 741 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Marquette is a big brand..
With very very little to show for it. My point was that throwing around “we have the best league” based on recent successes of nobody schools and relying on that as the antidote to realignment is pretty short sighted.

Reactions: DGB
Reaction Score
The big east has big brand schools in the east and midwest.. three top ten schools this year..big name coaching hires… the defending national champions…sit back and enjoy the ride… the big east is going to be a lot fun this year

Reaction Score
The big east has big brand schools in the east and midwest.. three top ten schools this year..big name coaching hires… the defending national champions…sit back and enjoy the ride… the big east is going to be a lot fun this year
I think people overrate the Midwest brands when it comes to the Big East’s next deal. The Big East has two must-owns and a collection of second tier schools who are worth airing when they are good… plus some other schools in decent markets. (I.E. UConn makes a DePaul game airable. Creighton does not)

Without UConn the Big East’s next TV deal would likely remain flat, even in an environment where every other deal has gone up. With UConn the Big East will approach legacy AAC school money (~7M per)

Reaction Score
I think people overrate the Midwest brands when it comes to the Big East’s next deal. The Big East has two must-owns and a collection of second tier schools who are worth airing when they are good… plus some other schools in decent markets. (I.E. UConn makes a DePaul game airable. Creighton does not)

Without UConn the Big East’s next TV deal would likely remain flat, even in an environment where every other deal has gone up. With UConn the Big East will approach legacy AAC school money (~7M per)
For what the Big East is, that's not bad money. The small private institutions can survive off that.

Reaction Score
Is this a joke? This has to be a joke.
Why? If done selectively in the right places it could work. Fans will watch games on a big screen in a park/plaza or their home arena, this would be a small scale version of that

Reaction Score
I remember as a kid in the mid 1950’s watching highlights of a Penn State , Syracuse football game on a big Movie Screen as part of the News of the week . I’m not sure if it was in color but it was still impressive when you usually watched on a < 21 inch black and white TV .,
I certainly can see the appeal especially if the theater was serving alcohol . For a sold out , game with a group or on a cold or rainy day it could beat the game day experience . You think a remote town in Alabama or Georgia couldn’t fill s theatre when they played.
There is something special about watching a sporting event in a large group ie the Kids st Storrs watching the NC game . I wouldn’t dismiss this out of hand. If linear TV goes away it could provide a lucrative alternative to streaming for key games .

Reaction Score
This is not some new idea.

Showcase Cinemas was showing weekly Red Sox games throughout New England around 20- 25 years ago, including Connecticut

Surprised nobody has mentioned this

Reaction Score
How many people go to bars to watch games so that they can watch with other fans? This would offer far better picture/sound quality.
A lot less people go to sports bars than they used to for the games but you can still get all the games on a bunch of different tv's, any drink from Hamm's to great craft brews, any cocktail or shot you want, and good pub grub. Plus the whole social aspect of being in a bar, talking to friends, trying to pick up women...

People hardly even go to movie theaters anymore for movies, I don't see any appeal with watching a game there. People have home theaters, you have the ability to flip around at home, the ability to watch every game at a bar. You would be eating worse food than a bar, worse alcohol and the markup would be even higher.

I still don't know if this was a joke tweet.

Reaction Score
How many people go to bars to watch games so that they can watch with other fans? This would offer far better picture/sound quality.
Frankly if there was a theatre showing the FF locally that would have been pretty great. if I was younger . The thing is do you want to. create a sports bar setting or a family atmosphere. Taking the kids grandkids to a theatre filled will fans is almost as good a taking a kid in person game to create a long term fans .

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
You can go watch UGA away football games at the Georgia Theater and it's a great atmosphere. Going to a theater to watch the game on the big screen with other fans is an awesome idea. Don't hate.

Reaction Score

After seeing Oppenheimer last weekend at IMax having to cover my ears while watching a subpar huge screen picture I can honestly say the experience would have been better with my 55-in U8H and my 5.1 sound. Football? No way. Go there or go home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom