Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 736 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
don’t understand why calford would rather be in the acc, whose biggest programs are trying to leave, getting a fraction of a share, and sending their Olympic sports 3000 miles across the country, than in the more stable big12 with up to 6 other former PAC schools and a better tv deal. And Don’t tell me it’s because they can associate with duke and uva.

Reaction Score
Would be hilarious if the Pac 10’s best offer was $23 m streaming, and the B10 takes Washington/Oregon, and the other 8 schools get $31m. That math ain’t mathing.

Reaction Score
don’t understand why calford would rather be in the acc, whose biggest programs are trying to leave, getting a fraction of a share, and sending their Olympic sports 3000 miles across the country, than in the more stable big12 with up to 6 other former PAC schools and a better tv deal. And Don’t tell me it’s because they can associate with duke and uva.

I agree, it makes zero sense, the B12 should be much more appealing to Cal/Stamford which tells me ESPN is manipulating the landscape.

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine a less likely pairing in American sports than Cal and BYU, unless it’s Stanford and BYU. I think Stanford would pull a Notre Dame before that ever happened.

Reaction Score

So if this is credible, then doesn't that imply that Yormark completely lied about expanding East and it proves UConn was used with no intention of ever really inviting us?

And that they are out of money?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how is it that we’re like the only school to win a national championship in basketball and reach a bowl game and still end up left at the table? I just don’t know what we do at this point. What else is there for us to prove?

If the ACC takes SMU, Stanford and Cal there’s legitimately no path left for a P5 invite until the 2030s.

Can someone explain to me what the heck we do?
Beat NC State next Saturday, then beat all of the other teams scheduled. Lets use the snub as motivation to beat all teams!!

Reaction Score
So if this is credible, then doesn't that imply that Yormark completely lied about expanding East and it proves UConn was used with no intention of ever really inviting us?
Yormack never thought the Pac 12 would totally collapse as the consensus was 10 Pac 12 schools would then add SDSU and SMU. Remember, SDSU basically gave notice to the MWC that they were going to leave so I think they thought they were going to the Pac 12. Once the Pac 12's media deal disappointed and Oregon and Washington got the Big 10 nod, everything changed. UConn was to be #14 with Colorado.

Reaction Score
Lol.

What else happened in 2020 which tanked every rental car company????

Very true, but before Covid hit, the company was over-leveraged with debt from the Thrifty acquisition and they could not figure out hwo to merge their accounting, IT, and customer manegment systems along with their financial policies after all of the legacy knowldge in Park Ridge and Tulsa refused to pack-up and move to nowhere Florida. That put them in a much deeper hole than their peers.

Reaction Score

Stanford is betting that the ACC will be the one to fail while the XII will not. So, Stanford sees the ACC as a place to hang their coat waiting for an invite from the B1G, which they will use their relationship with ND and a lot of very rich and powerful alumni to the hilt, when the ACC dies within the next 10 years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yormack never thought the Pac 12 would totally collapse as the consensus was 10 Pac 12 schools would then add SDSU and SMU. Remember, SDSU basically gave notice to the MWC that they were going to leave so I think they thought they were going to the Pac 12. Once the Pac 12's media deal disappointed and Oregon and Washington got the Big 10 nod, everything changed. UConn was to be #14 with Colorado.

Yormack went in for the kill on the PAC 12, so I suspect he thought the PAC 12 had a pretty good chance of coming apart. When ESPN offered to pay for the raid, the decision was easy.

Reaction Score
There was no fraud with GE and what happened with Capital played an enormous role in the company's demise but Immelt does warrant a huge amount of blame. Similar to what happened with our football program from immediately after RE left the first time until RE left the second time, an intentional effort to drive it into the ground would not have done a better job at destroying something than what occurred.

Capital's demise was mostly due to hubris but there were mitigating factors. There's an old Wall Street adage "don't confuse a bull market with sound investing". Capital was basically minting money for the ten year stretch that began shortly after Black Monday (October 1987) as that event led to many being far more diligent and discretionary in private investments and GE Capital was in a position to finance solid deals that many banks were unwilling or unable to get involved with. The environment was ripe for quality projects (especially in commercial real estate development) in need of capital. GE Capital did not need to do a lot of looking to find these potential deals and it took only a moderate amount of effort to determine if the prospects were favorable or unfavorable.

Once the internet bubble began (mid 1990's) they had become a bloated company. They had no issues adding a number of very high level employees as they felt this would allow for more deals, leading to more revenues, so the competition among much of their staff was no longer determining if deals were worth closing, but just in adding as many as possible (to justify their employment). They were involved with a tremendous number of bad deals (by the numbers prior to close) that were approved solely due to unrealistic projections, added to the financial models, solely to give the deals a passing grade.

It's sad what happened there but it was as obvious as knowing that once you move from December to January the year changes. I remember arguing with a few of their VP's (they would give almost anyone that title) about deals they bragged about closing that made no sense to me (my firm at that time among other things would help with due diligence on multiple matters. so I could see quickly if something was economically feasible). For the record, at that time my now ex was a GE Capital employee, as were a couple former coworkers from roughly a decade earlier. I knew quite a few of the players personally and had countless discussions over dinner parties, etc. about their led at Capital recent deals.

I worked at Capital and imho Welch killed GE. I never liked working under him. Immelt panicked during/after the 2008 financial crisis.

Reaction Score

When you read this thread ( https://twitter.com/B12Mafia/status/1695534663404794014 ) it's truly wild to think how much of the anti-UConn bias is based on the school existing in a blue state.

I'm really scratching my head there at people saying Cal is unethical and immoral.

What are these dunderheads thinking?

It's clear they are not. They want their league to stay as yokel-and-dokel as it possibly can.

Schools like Cal and UConn threaten that, apparently.

This is preposterous.

Reaction Score
I worked at Capital and imho Welch killed GE. I never liked working under him. Immelt panicked during/after the 2008 financial crisis.
Welch one of the more overrated managers of all time. He singulariy destroyed the company by focusing, only, on manipulating accounting to goose Wall St metrics.

His management philosophy, fire the bottom 10% every year led to a horrible worn environment, risk aversion, and a dramatic loss of talent.

Reaction Score
Welch one of the more overrated managers of all time. He singulariy destroyed the company by focusing, only, on manipulating accounting to goose Wall St metrics.

His management philosophy, fire the bottom 10% every year led to a horrible worn environment, risk aversion, and a dramatic loss of talent.
Hey, that's the Urban Myer philosophy to roster building.

Reaction Score
When you read this thread ( ) it's truly wild to think how much of the anti-UConn bias is based on the school existing in a blue state.

I'm really scratching my head there at people saying Cal is unethical and immoral.

What are these dunderheads thinking?

It's clear they are not. They want their league to stay as yokel-and-dokel as it possibly can.

Schools like Cal and UConn threaten that, apparently.

This is preposterous.

I would like to submit this post into evidence as why "dunderheads" want nothing to do with people from Connecticut.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom