Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 699 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Isn’t it ironic that the logic used to justify SMU to the ACC is the same logic that was used to suggest UConn would be a great fit for the big 12? And yet, it was ASU and UU not us. You can’t make this snow up.
I have to wonder....I knew people around the nation are not fond of New Englanders, but this is getting absurd isn't it?

Reaction Score
L.M.A.O

I mean its not that funny to me. Here's the thing people are talking about AAU, Academics, Non-football success, school sizes, cultural fits, how full stadiums, even Mora on facilities etc .... NONE of that matters. Traditional media outlets ESPN and FOX who own contracts are looking at what will make them $$$. Their model is not an AppleTV model they are looking for huge tv markets regardless of fanbase or success. SMU makes a lot of sense because it is in a HUGE football-driven market. Same goes for SDSU huge TV market. Large TV markets apparently add value to conferences. This is all being driven by money and that is it. What people on here should be concerned about is the fact that Connecticut apparently yields little $$ value to power conference TV contracts. Perhaps there is a reason CT has no pro sports teams? On here I see people trying to pull the NYC and Boston markets into the CT market but that likely is not how ESPN etc see it... if anything its the opposite with the NYC and Boston TV (Patriots, Giants, Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Bruins etc) markets pulling the CT fans/market in.

Reaction Score
I mean its not that funny to me. Here's the thing people are talking about AAU, Academics, Non-football success, school sizes, cultural fits, how full stadiums, even Mora on facilities etc .... NONE of that matters. Traditional media outlets ESPN and FOX who own contracts are looking at what will make them $$$. Their model is not an AppleTV model they are looking for huge tv markets regardless of fanbase or success. SMU makes a lot of sense because it is in a HUGE football-driven market. Same goes for SDSU huge TV market. Large TV markets apparently add value to conferences. This is all being driven by money and that is it. What people on here should be concerned about is the fact that Connecticut apparently yields little $$ value to power conference TV contracts. Perhaps there is a reason CT has no pro sports teams? On here I see people trying to pull the NYC and Boston markets into the CT market but that likely is not how ESPN etc see it... if anything its the opposite with the NYC and Boston TV (Patriots, Giants, Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Bruins etc) markets pulling the CT fans/market in.
you must be very late to the party. its funny now because some realized this in 2014 when they chose Louisiville.

Reaction Score
you must be very late to the party. its funny now because some realized this in 2014 when they chose Louisiville.
Not late.... the conference realignment suffering has been long felt along with everyone on here. I'm well aware.

Reaction Score
We need to beat NC State. It is simple as that.
Stadium needs to be full.... it won't be .... regardless people will be foaming for football so early in the season ... Benedict should be showing the facilities tour and talking about them with highlights up in the press box every single game.

Reaction Score
Stadium needs to be full.... it won't be .... regardless people will be foaming for football so early in the season ... Benedict should be showing the facilities tour and talking about them with highlights up in the press box every single game.
Benedict should come up with free transportation, giveaways, and anything else to get people there. We got to bring the crowd back to the game somehow. If we win this game, the following home game there should be much more people. I think Mora and the boys will be ready. Let's hope the state is ready too.

Reaction Score
Benedict should come up with free transportation, giveaways, and anything else to get people there. We got to bring the crowd back to the game somehow. If we win this game, the following home game there should be much more people. I think Mora and the boys will be ready. Let's hope the state is ready too.
Benedict and our President should be wine and dinning Power Conference Presidents and AD's after full tours of our facilities ... continually ... hammer it home.

Reaction Score
I honestly expect Cuse, BC, Wake, and maybe L'ville and Duke to be the only schools left in the ACC when it's all said and done. I think all the rest will get grabbed by the big 3.
I think Duke will find a spot somewhere because of their enormous brand value and to a lesser extent because of their academics.

The rest are toast. BC has zero value. Louisville has some appeal to a B12 but not much else. Wake not much. Cuse not much either- maybe B12 if they want to build east coast precense

Reaction Score
Word

Even better is when that happens and I’m able to go over to the BC, Cuse, etc forums and watch the “key tweets and it’s all gone to hell for BC” threads :)
We are all looking forward to the day when the ACC blows up. Really hope that day is sooner rather than later. This is the only reason I am cheering you FSU and their private equity venture.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think the ACC continuing to add could be very entertaining.

They'll end up choking themselves with the number of schools they'll have in the conference and when it all comes crashing down they'll be scratching their heads wondering how and why it failed.

Reaction Score
I think Duke will find a spot somewhere because of their enormous brand value and to a lesser extent because of their academics.

The rest are toast. BC has zero value. Louisville has some appeal to a B12 but not much else. Wake not much. Cuse not much either- maybe B12 if they want to build east coast precense
Let’s see if their brand remains strong 14 years after coach k.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom